“Yipes! Booked online by the photos....bad idea!”
Review of Beach Front Motel

Beach Front Motel
Ranked #10 of 12 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Wish someone had told us.... This was a bad place to stay!
Dirty, old, stained second hand furniture in room. Ceiling paint crumbling off. Mildew in bathroom. No clothes hangers. No WiFi to second story. Loud drinkers on balcony outside our room till midnight with door slamming all night long. Ice Machine was scary. Vending machine not working.
Sketchy "long stay" clientele at patio most of night...loud. Air conditioner looked like it had fungus all over the outside....I refused to turn it on in case I caught some lung disease from it. It was a long two nights. Oddly enough the mattress was very comfortable and the sheets we had were clean. Won't be back.......ever.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jjhunbun

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Rooms are large and clean. Most have view of the ocean which is right across the street. The clerk, Billy, was awesome. Gave us lots of information on the area and treated us like special guests. Will definately be back. Price is great also.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed a the Beach Front for a week in February of 2012. It was clean and well-run. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. It's an older motel, but that's what you should expect for the amount paid and to stay across the street from a beautiful beach. Hopefully I'll be back again in the future!

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure they take pets too. The rooms are not carpeted, and you'll be shocked at ho...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here for two nights Labor Day weekend, just for a quick last minute getaway from Lake Mary. This is not a fancy luxury property. If that's what you're looking for, you don't need to bother even with the Flagler Beach area. But if you just want to relax, have some drinks, and decent reasonably priced food, then this is perfect. The property is across the street from the beach, and it has no pool. We had room Number 2 with a King size bed. The linens and mattresses seem a little old and worn out, but generally clean, and comfortable enough. I was worried about that so I brought my own pillow and blanket and was glad I did. My husband was not bothered at all by the motel items. The room has a fridge, a toaster oven, a microwave, and a coffee pot. And an old fashioned TV that was fine for when we were in the room, which was really only to sleep. You can bring your dog to this hotel which I know is important to many people. We walked to Martins and to Oceanside to eat several times. These two restaurants are maybe a half mile south of the motel and are reasonably priced and have good food. To the north, you may want to drive, to the pier or to Finns, a fun rooftop bar with great ocean views.We had a great time in a neat area where you don't have dress up, and there are no pretentious snobs putting on airs as you might fine elsewhere.

Room Tip: I guess if you rally want a view of the water from your room you need to be upstairs (no elevator) a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel two years ago and loved it. Yes, it is just a simple, no-frills hotel, but being across the street from the beach and clean and quiet, we loved it. The $49.00 a night rate was perfect for what was offered. However, we went again this last weekend for my husband's birthday and we were brokenhearted. We were psyched for a wonderful overnight stay and it turned out to be a fiasco. We had a first floor room between what appeared to be two extended stay couples who were loud, smokers with dogs. The recycle bins scattered on both floors were full of beer bottles. We spent the day at the beach and came back to our room for a nap in the afternoon but were awakened by the maid who tried to come into our room at 4:30 pm even though we yelled to her that the room was occupied. Our neighbors made such a racket we couldn't sleep. Finally, my husband went to the manager and asked to be moved upstairs. The manager gave him attitude and said he didn't want to move us. My husband insisted and we got a room right above the noisy neighbors. This room turned out to be marginally better. However, the sheets were so worn we could feel the mattress beneath it and during the night, I woke up with the bottom sheet pulled off and my leg touching the bare mattress which was older than I was. In the tub was a long, black hair that did not belong to my husband or I. I freaked out. All we expected was a decently clean hotel room and it turned out to be disgusting. In addition to that, we payed $64.00 for the privilege of being there. I DO NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank melonspea
Reviewed 8 August 2011

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel with all the bells and whistles then this place is not for you. If you are looking for a traditional old beach front motel where all the people are welcoming then this place is perfect! The people who run this motel could not have been more friendly and accomodating. I think they truely want everyone to have a great, relaxing stay. The room was spacious and clean and everything was in working order. Yes, things were older but who cares...we were at the beach! We chose this motel because we were bringing our two dogs and needed a place where they were welcome. The motel is located in a a part of the town where dogs are allowed on the beach so all we had to do was cross the street and walk out onto the beach. Our dogs, as well as us, had a great time. We will be going back to this motel next spring when we plan our next visit to Florida to visit our son.

Room Tip: The room with the king bed was very spacious
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ToesInTheSandgirl
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Enjoyed it thoroughly. A little older (it is a pet friendly place - though we did not bring pets). If you are looking for super clean, this is not for you. There were beach chairs, and beach umbrellas we could borrow, and our son even borrowed and used a bogie board too. We stayed there two days, microwaved our TV dinners and just enjoyed the beach. Saw dolphins and osprey catching fish, and all kinds of other birds. Beach is not crowded at all, which we loved. Owners are friendly. Bathroom is very small though. Dorm size refridgerator plus the microwave wraps it up.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
#9 of 12 in Flagler Beach
Flagler Beach Motel
Flagler Beach Motel
#5 of 12 in Flagler Beach

Been to Beach Front Motel? Share your experiences!