“Where else can you find the feel of the 50's and 60's in the 21st century”
Review of Flagler Beach

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Florida
“Where else can you find the feel of the 50's and 60's in the 21st century”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2006

If you were able to choose a location that brings back memories of childhood days on the beach and simple lifestyles, you would find that Flagler County has all that and more.
I discovered this small hamlet in 2002 even though I had driven by this area often in the early 1980's when I was stationed at NAS Jacksonville. I never noticed the outright charm of the area as it had yet to really be discovered. After stopping and spending a day or so here, while vacationing from Memphis Tennessee, I broke down and bought my retirement home.
Needless to say, the location does not allow for anyone to be retired for long. . . there's too much to do in Daytona, St. Augustine, Jacksonville, and Orlando - as they are all within an hour's drive and all have plenty of action for anyone wishing a big city lifestyle, yet still wanting to come home to a quiet place in the burbs. Small oceanfront hotels dot the landscape along the shore and towering mega condotels also bring the luxurious to the area. Stop and smell the ocean here! You'll be glad you did!

Been to Flagler Beach? Share your experiences!