“Reasonable hotel near Everglades”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Have chosen to stay at this hotel due to location close to visit the Everglades. The hotel was average as for Holiday Inn quality you would expect. A/C and fridge were so noisy that you need to switch them off to get a good sleep at night. Stayed there only 2 nights, so not too much time to start complaining, however the hotel I would recommend to budget travellers. The worst thing was the smell of wetness, like they had problems with ventilation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
HIEX M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hello Elzbieta K,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Everglades National Park. I apologize for the inconvenience of the noise of the fridge and the smell you mentioned that was in the room. We will look into these issues to ensure we don't inconvenience any other guests.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Though the hotel itself wasn't that bad at all, the fact that personnel stole a diamond necklace from my room totally makes up for that. When I spoke with the manager she was rude, unhelpful, and infuriatingly unsympathetic. I hope no one has to experience this hotel in the manner that my family did. Stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Kendra D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Kendra D,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Homestead, FL.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

It is amazing , all what you need . clean quit luxury and relaxing and tide . you can find the things you will admire around and u can add your points to the credit as well worldwide.
Maybe the reception lobby is not that big in some branches but the rooms are nice and you will find yourself don't want to leave.

Room Tip: Go for it guys. On me :D
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndrewKheir
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel. Although I always stay at IHG brand hotels (5-6 different ones in just the past month and a half) and have been a Priority Club Member for almost 8 years, if I had the need to stay in Florida City I would definitely not stay here. I stayed in this location for less than 12 hours, I just needed a good nights sleep before driving home. That I did not get. The bed and pillows are very uncomfortable and seemed quite old. Once I was able to fall asleep, I was woken around 2 a.m. because my headboard was rattling due to the people in the next room having sex. I could clearly hear everything that went on in the room beside me. Once they finally decided to give it a rest, I could hear them snoring as if they were in the same room with me. While it is not the fault of HIE that they people in the next room wanted to enjoy themselves, I do fault them for VERY thin walls....
My toilet also leaked and the halls were dingy and in desperately need of remodeling. While the room itself was fine (except for the thin walls), the refrigerator had to be unplugged because of a constant rattle.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Ourroadtravels
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Ourroadtravels,

Thank you for your feedback and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our bed, bathroom condition and the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

This hotel is just average. the room was ok, very clean but nothing special. it was faily quite which was nice. the breakfast was not so great, the milk my son got for his cereal was old and spoiled and then the second milk had expired the day before. the breakfast staff were very nice and accomidating but maybe they should check on these things a little more. overall I would stay agian if the price is right.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Nataligh1234,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service you received from the restaurant staff. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 14 June 2013

A 30 minute drive to pennekamp state park in key largo. For the price and amenities, it is worth the drive. No complaints at all. Nice clean room, good free breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes...), wifi, fitness room...

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joan g
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stopped here before driving to the Keys. The hotel is clean and seems recently updated. It smells like mold, though. It must be in the air conditioning system, because it was cool at night, we turned off our room air conditioner and didn't smell it anymore. We smelled it everywhere else. Even our hair smelled like mold when we drove away. The pool lights didn't work - the desk clerk said they had a power outage 2 nights ago and the pool lights hadn't worked since. The typical Florida bugs were present at the pool but not unusual or terrible. Breakfast was typical for HI Ex these days - eggs & sausage taste like plastic, but if you know what to eat and what to avoid it gets you on the road. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast attendant is especially friendly and nice. The beds were comfortable (on the soft side). Overall, it is a good value but they really need the air conditioning system checked because it smells like granny's basement.

Room Tip: rooms on backside have some road noise - we had a small fan that provided background noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear goldendiv,

Thank you for your review of our property regarding your stay. I am pleased to note that you found the hotel to be clean.

However, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort the smell from the air conditioning system has caused you. Our staff pay special attention to level of cleanliness and we deeply regret that we have failed to deliver on this occasion.

We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M

Super 8 Florida City/Homestead
#6 of 12 in Florida City
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City? Share your experiences!