“I could become a regular ....”
Review of Franco & Vinny's

Franco & Vinny's
Ranked #22 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“I could become a regular ....”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I had walked by this place a number of times heading to the beach from our hotel. It looked a little a Shaky's pizza parlor to me and I had no interest in exploring further. However one night I just didn't want to venture too far and I gave this place a try - I was happy I did. I learned, "don't judge a book by it's cover"!
When I arrived I saw a wall filled with celebrities who have eaten here, so it must be good! Right?
I was seated in the back of the restaurant and I had the BEST waitress ever. Her name was Penelope and she was as cute as a button! She was charming, she had just the right amount of gab in her, without being annoying, just welcoming and friendly.
I ordered the calamari and she gave a tip NOT to get it friend, but grilled. I was happy I took her advise - it was amazing. It is something I would come back here just to get again. Delicious! I had pasta and clams for an entree, which were good, but paled in comparison to the amazing calamari. I thought the pasta had a little too much olive oil and richness for my taste, although there were plenty of clams in it!
I had a great dinner, wonderful service and next winter I will put Franco and Vinny's on my list of places to visit. I hope Penelope is still there and I for sure will try the grilled calamari again!
This is a place you will want to come back to, again and again!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank James S

Kuopio, Finland
“Wow!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Found the place near our hotel by tripadvisor. Food was great: we had pizza, lasagna, ravioli, spaghetti with meatballs. Fantastic! Came back next day as a couple and had spaghetti with mussels, calamari, clamps and grilled lobster tail, it was the best seafood we had had ever! Staff was friendly and although the place was full of people, we got excellent service both times. Will definitely go back when in this area!

1 Thank Satu K
“Always a great meal!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We love this place. We were there twice this trip. Best food around! Prices are great. If you want a great meal this place is it.

Toronto, Canada
“Nice restaurant, great food.”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great food, little pricey, but worth it. Obviously popular as restaurant was full. Nice ambiance. Pizza and pasta recommended.

Liberty, New York
“Dinner!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had dinner there while out. Old school Italian food. All fresh and the pasta is homemade. Of course the smells of food will make your mouth water. Lots of staff to get you fed, and food was very good!