“Great local place with very good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Franco & Vinny's

Franco & Vinny's
Ranked #33 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ft lauderdale, fl
“Great local place with very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This place has been here forever. I only started to go recently, and every meal i've had has been excellent. I love this place. It's a great local place that doesn't get the tourist crowd. The food is fresh and Delicious and the owner is always walking around visiting tables and making sure all is good. I like that, this is something you don't see anymore. I have some vacation rental properties, and always recommend this restaurant to all my guests. Thank you Franco and Vinnies for bringing a piece of Italy to east Ft. Lauderdale.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good but nothing to rave about”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Clean and tidy, although the tables are a bit squashed together. The pizzas are good as are the desserts.

Some decent beers on the menu rather than just the usual 'lites'.

I get the impression we were being a bit rushed, which was a shame as there's not a lot else to do in the area.

Prices were ok, not cheap but then not particularly overpriced.

Would try again, although don't like being rushed.

New York
“Great Pizza, Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Just go, best Italian food in Florida. Real NY pizza, no slices. Service is great. Always a stop when I am in Ft Lauderdale.

Visited April 2014
midwest
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We ate here while staying at the nearby Hilton Beach Resort based on recommendations while reading TA reviews for the hotel. We were not disappointed - great italian food! Best spaghetti ever - all four of us ordered it, with different sauces..... Bread with dinner was also amazing. Would highly recommend!

Visited April 2014
Miami, Florida
“Great Local Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

As a tourist, you are always looking for the best food. Typically you will find the best food where the locals are. Now, if you are staying on the beach it is very hard to find these local joints, but a quick left on Sunrise and there sits Franco and Vinny's.

SERVICE: When I look for service in a restaurant I really look for two things; Speed and Attitude. Franco and Vinny's as very quick and friendly service, so naturally they get a average rating. However when the waitress actually took her time to ask how our day was, I bumped the rating up to VERY GOOD.

FOOD: If you eat here get the Spaghetti, and try some of the best you will every have. If you know me, you know that I don't give that many excellent rating however the food at Franco and Vinny's truly deserves excellence.

VALUE: It is expensive however like in most Italian restaurants there are big portions. But due to the price it receives an average rating from me.

ATMOSPHERE: Overall the atmosphere clearly states local joint. For that reason alone I will give it a very good rating.

I recommend this restaurant to anyone look for the best Italian food in the Fort Lauderdale area.

"Have a question, always feel free to ask me about it. I am here to help"!
-BJ