Riverside Hotel
US$298
US$235
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$110
Official Site
US$111
US$165
US$142
US$167
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$228
  • Beachfront
US$219
Hotels.com
1,696 results
All reviewslas olasexecutive towerindigo restaurantnew towerwild seathe cheesecake factoryolder partwater taxioyster barcharming hotelboat paradeold floridarestaurants and shopsacross the streethotel barroom was largevalet parking
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here one night on business and had no choice in selecting the hotel. Having read some of the less complimentary reviews of the hotel on here, I was a bit apprehensive, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. This is definitely a solid 4-star hotel, and for the price, it really is quite a steal. Granted, this is not the luxurious hotel of your dreams that is going to fill your head with dreams of lifestyles of the rich and famous, but it is certainly a great place to stay for business or in anticipation of a cruise or for just a visit to the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area.

The room design is what I would describe as Caribbean/Miami/tropical resort-kitsch (In was in the Executive Tower, so I cannot comment on the other rooms). It works for some reason, but it is certainly not a taste that I would seek out if I were selecting a resort. That being said, I would definitely stay here if I were to return to the area, even over some of the posher options in the area. What would bring me back is the service. The rooms are large, clean, well-appointed and have comfortable beds, but the service is really what impressed me here. The reception staff were very engaging and friendly, offering up details about the amenities of the property and describing the dining options available. Speaking of which, lunch at Indigo was spectacular. The seafood was fresh, and the presentation was far superior than I was expecting.

All in all, this was a pleasant experience, and I would recommend this hotel to others without reservation. The views from the room were nice, and I think the property really is a good bargain for what you receive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DCTraveler1979
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Good Morning,
I appreciate that great rating for your terrific stay. Our hotel has two different buildings - one built in 1936 and the other 2001. Many of our repeat customers enjoy staying in the historic part of the building as they have for many years. Of course the 2001 tower building have larger bathroom and guestrooms.

I hope to see you in the near future,

Reviewed 22 February 2012

You're paying for location here — and it's a great location in downtown Fort Lauderdale. However, for $200 a night, you can do a lot better. The rooms are nothing particularly special — and in my case, came with a bathtub with a faulty plug and a mysteriously locked minibar. For two consecutive nights, bars of chocolate beckoned at me teasingly from behind a locked glass door. No bath robes, either.

If you can't do any better, you could do much worse than the River Side. But if you're willing to invest the time searching, you can do a *lot* better.

Room Tip: Check everything works on arrival. If it doesn't, insist on a new room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Andy B

Good Morning,
Feedback is a gift and I appreciate you taking the time in reviewing our beautiful hotel. I truely believe you may have enjoyed the Riverside Tower over the historic part of the hotel. These rooms are larger and more modern.

I am pleased you liked the location and hope to see you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This hotel has a terrific location -- right in the middle of Las Olas Blvd, which is home to many of Fort Lauderdale's best restaurant and shops, not far from the beach. The hotel itself is clean, safe, spacious and friendly -- but the rooms are dated.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Good Morning,
being the only hotel on Las Olas Boulevard it is perfect to just take the elevator down and step outside to enjoy all the shops and dining venues. I appreciate you review and honest feedback.

Until we see you again,

Reviewed 19 February 2012

First time at this hotel in many years, and I hope to return, even though I only live about 25 miles away. The hotel is right in the center of the restaurants and shopping district of Las Olas Blvd. in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. I had an 11th floor room with a balcony facing the ocean. The hotel room was quiet - critical for me the night before a marathon.

Staff, including valet, all pleasant and efficient. Rooms decorated in a Tommy Bahama style. Water pressure could be stronger in the shower. Wake up call was right on time - at 5:00 a.m.! See you next year at the A1A Marathon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Good Morning,
A perfect review - 5 out of 5!

All I can say is "Thank you"! My staff was thrilled to see your comments.

Come visit us in the near furture.

Have a great day,

Reviewed 18 February 2012

This old-world style hotel is located on Las Olas Blvd. Just outside the door of the hotel, you can stroll on the busy streets full of life. Or, in two blocks, take the wonderful water-taxi ride on the inter-coastal waterway and see the spectacular homes and yachts of the super-wealthy. Our room was a bit outdated, but comfortable with good controllable air conditioning (and even windows that opened!) and a nice-sized bathroom. We really enjoyed eating at the hotel -- sitting comfortably outside, watching the street scene. For breakfast and dinner we received outstanding service and good food quality at a surprisingly moderate price.

Room Tip: We had a lovely corner room on the third floor, not overlooking the street so it was surprisingly quiet. And, a small table good for snacking while watching TV.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Good Morning,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your staff and all that Fort Lauderdale had to offer. You really did a great job trying all the different amenities.

Come visit us soon again.