“Good Location and great Restaurant”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #23 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I booked this hotel for one night with Travelzoo on a deal and stayed in the Exec Tower. Upon check in we were greeted by a smiling valet and receptionist... great start. Our room was on the 11th floor, with a great view and spacious surroundings.
The hotel is on Las Olas so if you are looking for a beach vacation this is not the hotel for you. However, if you want to experience Ft Lauderdale nightlife it is perfect. We ended up eating in the hotel restaurant Indigo, simply because they had a great singer and fantastic Thursday night happy hour. We stayed till past closing, as we met a local couple and enjoyed their company so much that we drank till closing. The bar staff were great.
The next day upon check out we left late, but they didn't mind, and the concierge helped us find a good place to eat. All in all, every member of staff we spoke to was pleasant and our room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The Executive Towers are newer and on higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Good Morning,
I am glad you took advantage of the TravelZoo promotion as it was a successful sales special for the Summer Season. I was happy to read that your culinary experience in our restaurant was wonderful and you enjoyed our entertainment.

Please do not stay away for long and we welcome you back in the near furture.

Sunny regards,

Heiko Dobrikow

Write a ReviewReviews (1,642)

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I may be tainted due to the fact that someone stole my sunglasses. I left my sunglasses in the first room we were given. Upon entering room 928 I noticed the rooms around this one had a balcony. I took my sunglasses off and called the front desk to see if we could switch rooms. They said yes and we left the room within 3 minutes with our luggage. I left my glasses. There was a maid and a male employee outside the room looking at us. No one checked into that room and when security let me into the room the glasses were gone. They asked the maid the next day if any glasses were turned in and she said no. These were not expensive sunglasses but I would hate to store valuables there. I have never had anything taken at any hotel that I have been to. Pros: the woman at check in was very helpful and friendly. Cons : this hotel looks nice on the the outside as well as the lobby and hallways but the rooms need updating. I stayed in the newer part but I would hate to see the old ones.
There are coffeemakers but no fridge or microwave. Parking is $18.00 and ridiculous. Management states other hotels charge but those hotels have better rooms and include better amenities. Much better places out there without having to pay for parking and outdated rooms.

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hollidolli
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Holli,

I'm deeply sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We strive to exceed the expectations of all our guests. We consider your feedback a gift, and I've shared it with our team so that we can learn from our mistakes. We've implemented immediate corrective action plans to eliminate these types of problems and prevent them from reoccurring.

I'm happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our front desk staff. We hope you'll consider giving us another chance to host you in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2012

The price was average and the location was great. There are lots of shops and restaurants on the blvd. The Cheese Cake Factory is right next door. The room where we stayed in the Executive tower was clean and had a view of the river. The décor is dark. The Hotel staff was very helpful. If you want to see the million dollar homes and yachts take the Water taxi, which is a short walk away; $20 for off and on all day. Riverside had a coupon for two for one. If you go after 5:00 it is only $10. If you want to take a tour with air condition, food and bathroom accommodation do the Carrie B Tour, which is also just a short walk away. The cost of that one is $24. The Airport is about 15 minutes away and a taxi ride to and from the hotel average about $15 to $20. There are no taxis on standby at the hotel so the staff will have to arrange one for you in advance, or you can try to catch one passing by. We ate breakfast at the hotel only one morning but if was good and the price was average for a hotel. They have a live singer in front of the hotel at times during the day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Good Morning,
it is much appreciated for your to have spend the time in completing the trip advisor. I was happy to notice that you enjoyed the room in the tower, as they are more spacious than the rooms in the hisroric part of the hotel. I was glad to read that you found our hotel clean and that our staff was assisting your in any way possible. Of course your highlight of our live entertainment makes us proud, as it is one of our signature items.

Hope to see you soon again.

Sunny Regards,

Heiko Dobrikow

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Four of us (two couples) stayed here for two nights prior to our Panama Canal repositioning cruise. We were all happy with our rooms in the charming older section of the hotel. We enjoyed breakfast on the patio. Excellent food, bottomless cups of coffee and quiet on the boulevard in the morning. There are many good restaurants nearby, boutique shopping, close to a water taxi stop and great for just walking about. The hotel organized a shuttle service to the cruise ship as there were others doing the same thing. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Free wifi in our room and coffee fixings. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the boulevard side might be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

doreen,

Thank you so much for your perfect 5/5 rating. We're delighted to hear that you all had such a great time during your stay with us before your cruise. It looks and sounds like you really enjoyed Las Olas Boulevard and the Riverside experience. We hope you're Stash Rewards members, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Warm regards and safe travels,

Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location.The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and water taxi. Our room had an awesome view of the river and we could see Miami in the distance. I would definately stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor with a room of the river
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

shebasmom,

Thank you so much for your perfect 5/5 rating. We're delighted to hear that you had such a great time during your stay with us. It looks and sounds like you really enjoyed Las Olas Boulevard and the Riverside experience. We hope you're a Stash Rewards member, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Warm regards and safe travels,

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Faded glory is what i would use to describe this hotel. living off a name and not quality. Lets just face it, you can only put so much lipstick on a pig. The hotel is just old period! It looks old, smells old and feels old. The parking is way overpriced at 17/night for self parking. The pool is across the street which is very odd and all the chaise lounges are old and sunken in.

Of course I booked through priceline and got a room in the old hotel. The room was a decent size but thats about it. Otherwise the furniture was old and out of style. The room smelled musty and the carpeting was very worn. The bathroom was a flashback to at least the 70's. With completely tiled walls and an old tub with a bad shower head. Honestly I would say these rooms hadn't been remodeled in at least 20 years plus. oh and i also really loved seeing the cockroaches scurrying around the halls. A nice touch!! The air conditioning unit is so loud its like sleeping with a mack truck in your room.

So basically the hotel is rated 3 stars and trust me its barely 2 stars . I wouldn't not return thats for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ericsf

Eric,

I'm deeply sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We strive to exceed the expectations of all our guests. I have to admit that I am embarrassed by the experience that you had. We consider your feedback a gift, and I've shared it with our team so that we can learn from our mistakes and improve our upon products and services.

I'm happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our front desk staff. Our Executive Tower was built in 2001 so you might enjoy those contemporary rooms more. We hope you'll reconsider giving us another chance to host you in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2012

After a lot of researching Fort Lauderdale area hotels, we stayed at the Riverside Hotel the week of Easter for two nights. I was looking for an upscale hotel with a good location as we didn't plan on renting a car during our two night stay. We arrived post-cruise and were delighted our room was ready early. We were concerned about noise during Spring Break, so I chose a room in the older section of the hotel with that in mind. We thought the room was more than adequate with Tommy Bahama decor, quality bed linens, wifi, and room safe. The pool area was nice and shady and located next to the river. You could see the boats going by. We asked the concierge for help with sightseeing and received great recommendations. They also assisted us with arranging transportation to the airport. The water taxi stop is nearby and we had the best time riding that around the Fort Lauderdale area. Las Olas Boulevard, which the hotel is located on, is awesome. Shops, restaurants, cafes, Starbucks, ice cream shops, etc are all within walking distance. We had a great time at the Riverside Hotel and will stay there again next time we are in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Renae,

Thank you so much for your 4/5 rating. We're delighted to hear that your recent recent stay was such a pleasure. We're glad you were able to enjoy all that Las Olas Boulevard has to offer after your cruise and we can't help but agree that our location is "awesome". Your positive comments regarding our helpful staff and relaxing pool area are very appreciated and have been shared with our team. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Cheers, and best travel wishes from all of us in Fort Lauderdale!