“I do love this little gem...however...”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #23 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Be sure NOT to get a room on the NORTH or WEST sides....it'll sound like you're sleeping right ON the highway.

The rooms are nice...the suites are nicer! The bar in the lobby (inside) is a little gem, too. Wild Sea Oyster Bar makes the most AMAZING cocktails and I enjoy them even when not staying at the hotel.

DO stay here. But DO get a room on the EAST or SOUTH side.

Room Tip: EAST or SOUTH facing only... unless you enjoy hearing traffic all damn night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ElizabethR123
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your feedback! We have to agree, Wild Sea has incredible cocktails & Preston's is for sure a gem! Your tips are appreciated and we truly look forward to your next visit! Be sure to check out our new renovations that will be finished in October!

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I love staying here. It is so convenient and quaint. The pool is very relaxing and peaceful. The staff is fabulous. Especially Deborah and Carlos at bar. The toiletries could improve. There are no robes in room. Bed is super comfortable. Food is great at all restaurants. This is best option not on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank miabella1121
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi Erica B.,

Thank you for your awesome feedback! We appreciate the kind words & toiletry tip - I'll pass along to our Housekeeping :) We truly hope to see you back soon - especially to check out our new renovations come Oct 2014!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Riverside Hotel. I had a Tradirional Room in the older wind and it was absolutely gorgeous! I was hesitant when I made the booking due to some negative reviews, but I couldn't have been happier with my room. It had Tommy Bahama furniture by Lexington. I used to sell furniture for a living so I know this was of the finest quality. The room was also so immaculate that it looked like I was the first guest to ever stay in it.

The staff was wonderful and went above and beyond to make sure my every request was fulfilled. I never had to ask twice for anything, and the service at the Indigo Restaurant was equally great.

This hotel renewed my faith in privately owned properties. I will be staying here again in the future!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank 121,347

HI there,

Thank you for your kind feedback on TripAdvisor! We truly look forward to your next visit and hope to see you back soon - especially to check out our renovations that will be ready October 2014!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Riverside is a very good hotel with above average breakfast and pool right on the river- great for watching the boats go by. Located on Las Olas Blvd, there are tons of restaurants, bars, and shops within walking distance. Only 2 miles from the beach, easy to take the trolly, bus, or we even walked there! Great location!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

HI Matt D!

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your tips to future guests and truly look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great place to stay for a night or two especially for business or weekend trip to the area. The older area of the hotel is a little "antique" but it was clean and kind of neat older style building to go with las olas Blvd. Plenty of eats and shopping around but it's a good 25-30 minute walk to beach.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ng4uk
Riverside1936, Public Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hi ng4uk,

Thank you for the nice feedback - we're thrilled you got to enjoy the Las Olas experience! We're getting renovations this summer and would love to get your feedback on our fresh new look this upcoming October!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel was rated 4 star on my work's booking system. But it's gross.
It's old and smells old. The hallways are an old tile so all night and morning you hear people's luggage being rolled around. The carpet in the room felt dirty. The bed was soft and old.
And the parking setup is very inconvenient - it's across the road and it's difficult to find the elevator to get there.
What also really annoyed me is i got to my room late and night and wanted a snack - the minibar was locked. Why didn't the check in person ask me when i checked in if i wanted a key to the minibar. Little stuff like that really irks me.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel - there are plenty nicer in this area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Shaun_Of_Oz

Hi Mantraveler,

Thank you for your feedback! We're very sorry about your stay and hope your day turned around. We strive to give exceptional service to everyone and hope that if you do stay with us again you're feedback will be great! If you would like to be in touch with our Guest Services Manager, please contact Michael at MDimartino@riversidehotel.com and he will be able to assist you in your accommodations.

The Riverside Hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Close to Las Olas nightlife and shopping,a short stroll to the water taxi. Stayed in older part of hotel, had room next to elevator,did not even hear it! No extra charge for internet (pet peeve)speaking of pets must be pet friendly I saw dogs in lobby and halls. Had a breakfast on the boulevard package valet parking and breakfast included. Restaurant staff seemed slow with service, housekeeping ,front desk,valets,bartenders were wonderful. Wife and I planning another stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi James,

Thank you for your nice feedback! We're thrilled you had such a great stay and experience :) We'd love to get your opinion on our renovations that begin this summer - should be done in October! Look forward to your next stay and we encourage you try the Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille right downstairs!