“Nice hotel and location”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Ottawa
“Nice hotel and location”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The entrance is a bit obscure, but the location and the rooms are nice. The hotel is located along the main road of a trendy strip, but the main entrance faces a small street. The rooms were spacious and beds comfortable

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
RiversideHotelFL, Public Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hi OttawaFamilyGuy,

Thank you for your feedback and we're happy you enjoyed the location of the Riverside! We hope you had a lovely stay and look forward to seeing you back!

Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

When I arrived in the area, I had a missed call so I called back the hotel and before I could fully finish my sentence to the person who answered the phone, as to why I called.. they cut me off and transfered to me reservations without saying, please hold. I was so taken back by the rudeness, I told Stacey (who I was transfered too) in the reservation department what had happen and she was very apologitic even though it wasn't her fault. Stacey was great and took care of my needs right away. The bartender Michelle is absolutely AMAZING. I sat in the bar area inside the hotel, I think it is part of thier restaurant Indigo. I chose the location because it was more private and small because I was traveling alone on business. Although, the area was busy Michelle was very attentive, personable and was engaging in conversation. I ordered food off the menue but I changed two items off the meal and it came out delicious. I will definitely come back just to see her!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
RiversideHotelFL, Public Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi Angel,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We have noted and passed along your comments on the phone answering and are very sorry for the rude perception. We're thrilled you had such great service at the Golden Lyon with Michelle! We have to agree that she is awesome. We truly hope to see you back again soon!

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been at the Riverside so many times in the last 5 years that I forgot the total number! It was my first hotel and my last before my company rented a corporate apartment. I went back to Riverside when I left the apartment to some colleagues and enjoyed the big rooms and good service for hundreds of days.
Overall it is a very good hotel, just in the middle of Fort Lauderdale and the only place where you can go out and walk on Las Olas, where you can find other people and many shops. Any other hotel in more in the middle of nowhere and without a car is not very useful.
The restaurant is pretty good. Recently they open another one (fish) that is nice but with a limited list of dishes and not my favorite.
I really recommend it to anyone that just want to stay in Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: At Riverside you can have rooms in the tower or in the old building. The tower is much better ...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi Owiman,

Thank you for such awesome feedback! We're thrilled to have you stay with us throughout the years and look forward to your thoughts on our room renovations this summer - we're pretty sure you're going to love them. :)

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in a tower room pre cruise and had a wonderful time. The staff were very helpful and we were allowed to check in early. The room was nice with a great view. We ate breakfast at the restaurant and had wonderful food and service. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BLD90
Hi BLD90,

Thank you for your kind feedback on TripAdvisor! We're thrilled you enjoyed the Tower and hope you had a great cruise! Please stay with us again soon, especially to check out our room renovations!

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My second visit to the Riverside Hotel.This hotel is the only hotel in Las Olas Boulevard and is not a beach hotel, but it has easy access to beach if required. A trolley passes hotel. $1 to beach. Hotel staff are friendly.i particularly found reception staff helpful when I had a problem with poor service in the Indigo restaurant .The hotel has a swimming pool overlooking the waterway. Car Parking is in a multi short garage which is part of hotel. A charge is made for self parking or valet parking. Rooms are large and well appointed. Would hope to return again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hi DMIllar12,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and had great service! We truly hope to see you back soon and suggest you try our seafood restaurant, Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille!

durham
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed at the Riverside for 4 nights. From info gleaned from TA, we asked for a room in the tower. Informed fully booked for our 1st night but would be contacted next day re availability.
No contact. Our room was in the older part of the hotel. The musty smell is just awful. There was a scum mark around the bath. The waste bin was never emptied until the day before we checked out. There were bits on the carpets when we arrived and were still there when we left. The coffee/tea sachets were never replenished after day 1, until I asked at the desk. They had no tea but would send some up to the room - never arrived. An email with attached photographs wasn't even acknowledged. However, plus points are good location, spotlessly clean public spaces. swimming pool area really good and well maintained. Cruise shuttle reliable and reasonable cost.

Room Tip: probably email before arrival if you would like a room with a view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Stokerej,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We're very sorry for your disappointments and they have been passed along to our Supervisors. We're in the process of renovating our Classic Tower this summer and hope that if you visit again you'll find it much better! We'd appreciate it if you would send your photographs to our Guest Services Manager, Michael, at mdimaritno@riversidehotel.com so he can assist you personally.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed at the Riverside Monday night 06/10 and was totally happy with my time there. Great location, spotless rooms, very old school & very cool décor. Fantastic breakfast and very helpful staff. Superb location for where I had my business meetings.
Nothing but good things to say about the hotel

Room Tip: The new section is nicer but not enough for me to warrant the extra cost
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi William,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We're thrilled you had a great stay and we truly look forward to seeing you back! We suggest you try our new restaurant, Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille!