“Great location, great staff, great value”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #23 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel is right on Los Olas street and the River Walk. Wonderful neighborhood to stroll, with lots of restaurants and shops. The desk staff was sooo nice and helpful, as was the staff at the restaurants associated with the hotel. They even loaned us a corkscrew for our bottle of wine. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The balcony door sealed well and it was quite quiet. Parts of the hotel are a little older, but the tower where our room was located seemed new and well kept. We were here with family for the 4th of July. What sealed the rating of 5-dots was the fact that our balcony faced the beach and we could see fireworks from multiple sites easily from the balcony. There is a parking garage that connects with the hotel, which was very convenient. The price was quite reasonable

Room Tip: All of the rooms for our family group were good. Ours faced east so we could see the fireworks. Be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
RiversideHotelFL, Public Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hi Maurene,

Thank you for your kind feedback on Tripadvisor! We are so happy you had such a great stay and loved our locations. We truly hope to see you back and hear your thoughts on our room renovations!

Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,637)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked this Hotel for the end of our cruise as we were staying in Fort Lauderdale an extra 2 days and thought this hotel looked great from the pictures on their site. WRONG! The outside is beautiful as is the reception area. The room left much to be desired. There was hair on the bedspread, which we noticed immediately as the bedspread is white, there was hair on the sheets,the bathroom floor was dirty, black hair on floor and in shower. I was so upset that we went to the front desk to ask if we would lose all of our money for both nights that we had booked if we left and was told yes we would. We slept on clothes from our suitcase that night and my husband put a card on the bed asking the cleaning lady to change the bedding. The sheets were changed but the bedspread and pillow shams were not. We also received a call on the house phone the next morning telling us that their computers had gone down overnight and they needed to verify our info. I told the man on the phone that I was not comfortable doing that on the phone and would come to the front desk. He was insistent and I told him I would go to the front deskn to talk to him. We went down and the man at the desk said it was not him and did not appear overly concerned, but did say after my husband appeared angry that he would let security know. I wish we would have gone back to the Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trick831

HI Trick831,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We apologize for your inconveniences, we strive to give all of our guests the best experience possible. We'd appreciate if you would send details to our Guest Services Manager, Michael, at mdimartino@riversidehotel.com. We truly hope to see you back, especially to hear your feedback on our room renovations. :)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The entrance is a bit obscure, but the location and the rooms are nice. The hotel is located along the main road of a trendy strip, but the main entrance faces a small street. The rooms were spacious and beds comfortable

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi OttawaFamilyGuy,

Thank you for your feedback and we're happy you enjoyed the location of the Riverside! We hope you had a lovely stay and look forward to seeing you back!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

When I arrived in the area, I had a missed call so I called back the hotel and before I could fully finish my sentence to the person who answered the phone, as to why I called.. they cut me off and transfered to me reservations without saying, please hold. I was so taken back by the rudeness, I told Stacey (who I was transfered too) in the reservation department what had happen and she was very apologitic even though it wasn't her fault. Stacey was great and took care of my needs right away. The bartender Michelle is absolutely AMAZING. I sat in the bar area inside the hotel, I think it is part of thier restaurant Indigo. I chose the location because it was more private and small because I was traveling alone on business. Although, the area was busy Michelle was very attentive, personable and was engaging in conversation. I ordered food off the menue but I changed two items off the meal and it came out delicious. I will definitely come back just to see her!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RiversideHotelFL, Public Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi Angel,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We have noted and passed along your comments on the phone answering and are very sorry for the rude perception. We're thrilled you had such great service at the Golden Lyon with Michelle! We have to agree that she is awesome. We truly hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been at the Riverside so many times in the last 5 years that I forgot the total number! It was my first hotel and my last before my company rented a corporate apartment. I went back to Riverside when I left the apartment to some colleagues and enjoyed the big rooms and good service for hundreds of days.
Overall it is a very good hotel, just in the middle of Fort Lauderdale and the only place where you can go out and walk on Las Olas, where you can find other people and many shops. Any other hotel in more in the middle of nowhere and without a car is not very useful.
The restaurant is pretty good. Recently they open another one (fish) that is nice but with a limited list of dishes and not my favorite.
I really recommend it to anyone that just want to stay in Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: At Riverside you can have rooms in the tower or in the old building. The tower is much better ...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hi Owiman,

Thank you for such awesome feedback! We're thrilled to have you stay with us throughout the years and look forward to your thoughts on our room renovations this summer - we're pretty sure you're going to love them. :)

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in a tower room pre cruise and had a wonderful time. The staff were very helpful and we were allowed to check in early. The room was nice with a great view. We ate breakfast at the restaurant and had wonderful food and service. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BLD90

Hi BLD90,

Thank you for your kind feedback on TripAdvisor! We're thrilled you enjoyed the Tower and hope you had a great cruise! Please stay with us again soon, especially to check out our room renovations!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My second visit to the Riverside Hotel.This hotel is the only hotel in Las Olas Boulevard and is not a beach hotel, but it has easy access to beach if required. A trolley passes hotel. $1 to beach. Hotel staff are friendly.i particularly found reception staff helpful when I had a problem with poor service in the Indigo restaurant .The hotel has a swimming pool overlooking the waterway. Car Parking is in a multi short garage which is part of hotel. A charge is made for self parking or valet parking. Rooms are large and well appointed. Would hope to return again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hi DMIllar12,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and had great service! We truly hope to see you back soon and suggest you try our seafood restaurant, Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille!