Riverside Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$157
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
US$388
US$335
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Royal Beach Palace(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$100
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$111
US$105
RodewayInn
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
US$218
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
US$140
US$144
US$140
Travelocity
1,684 results
All reviewslas olasexecutive towerindigo restaurantnew towerwild seathe cheesecake factoryolder partwater taxioyster barcharming hotelboat paradeold floridarestaurants and shopsacross the streethotel barroom was largevalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2005

We stayed at the Riverside on the evening of October 14th...pre-cruise. We had planned to stay a night post-cruise, but were unable to get in touch with the hotel to confirm after the hurricane. As it turned out, our ship was kept at sea for two extra days until we could find a port to dock in. We ended up docking in Miami and going straight to the FLL airport instead of trying to stay over night.

Although the hotel has many rooms and we stayed in the newer expansive tower rooms, the hotel still has an old world boutique feel to it.

The staff were very courteous and friendly. The room was beautiful and large, with a very spacious bath. The beds were very comfortable, as was the Tommy Bahama lounge chair.

The Cheesecake Factory, which is attached to the hotel was recommended for dinner. The food and atmosphere were out of this world great! We received a full free breakfast in the hotel on the day of checkout.

We will stay in this hotel again. Hope the hurricane didn't damage it!

• Stayed: October 2005
10  Thank Hotelcritique
A TripAdvisor Member
Delray Beach, FL
Reviewed 9 October 2005

My husband and I just got back from staying at the Riverside Hotel for our Anniversary. We have always stayed at nice hotels in the past which makes it very difficult for me to book a hotel for a reasonable price. However I feel that for $169 a night the accomodations were great. The staff was exceptionally friendly and the room was beautiful. All of the furniture was Tommy Bahama and the tropical rooms made us feel right at home!! We did not have a view, our windows were actually frosted so you couldn't see out, but for a 20 something couple on a budget I was quite pleased. This hotel was great for us because we were able to park the car and walk to all of the local shops, restraunts, bars, and the pool. I will definitely stay there again and hopefully next time we can get a room with a view!!

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2005

We stayed here Sept. 3-5, 2005 after a week aboard a five-star Caribbean cruise. Although no hotel compares with the all-inclusive nature of cruise vacations, the Riverside Hotel was very nice and we will stay again.

After the cruise, we decided NOT to rent a car since so many hotels charge extra for parking (this one too) and we had both the Water Taxi at our disposal (a short block away in either direction and just $5.00 a day). Unfortunately, the Riverside does NOT provide free shuttle service to/from the airport/cruise terminal. This is unfortunate since the tax drivers are a bit dim (at least the ones we had). However, upon checkout, the concierge arranged to have a van to drive us to the airport -- no stress, just a bit more $'s than the taxi drivers (approximately $6.00 pp plus tip).

We booked directly on the site since the online travel sites weren't offering any better prices at the time (I don't know about Priceline since I don't like the crapshoot reservation aspect of it). The person taking our reservation was pleasant and seemed like she carried a smile the entire time whilst on the phone.

The concierge(s) were attentive. We had a lot of bags (two couples and two rooms) so they seemed a bit winded after delivery of our bags to the room (maybe for effect, but I planned to tip anyway). We appreciate good a concierge.

We reserved a king bed with balcony in the NEW tower - we can't speak for the renovated one or the old rooms (although from afar, getting a peek thru some of the windows, they seemed nice). The room was spacious, the bathroom almost too spacious -- probably could have put a second vanity in there instead of offering so much floor space. The bath seemed wheelchair accessible even though it wasn't designated as such.

The room was above average, but I can't give it top rank since I have stayed in better. But it was very clean, with the usual niceties in the bath, CATV, lounge chair, table and chairs, etc.

Now, this is the one odd thing to be conscientious of... the REFRIGERATOR. This is actually a wet bar stocked with a wide variety of beverages and next to it, a wide variety of snacks, hard spirits and such. Both the fridge and snack area are placed within a cabinet in the TV armoire and requires access by key... and I believe whenever you open it, the front desk has it monitored since I saw a little red pin light turn on (located on the cabinet frame) every time I opened it. The front desk clerk offers a key when you check in by asking if you want access to the mini-bar. We said yes.

Tip: Make sure you ask them if "access" to the mini-bar is free. We were only interested in the use of the refrigerator because I'm a big milk drinker (someone who, say, needs insulin or medication refrigerated may want the fridge). The reason I say ask, is that upon check-out, even though we did not use a thing in the prestocked mini-bar, we found a mini-bar charge of approximately $30.00 dollars. After a few minutes of feeling completely cheated and bamboozled, I went down to the front desk and informed them that I did not consume anything from the bar -- without batting an eye, the front desk clerk removed the charge. Excellent. However, ask first if you simply want to use the fridge because a person comes up every morning to restock the bar if you're using it -- maybe that's why there was a charge, so maybe tell them you don't need restocking either.

Okay, that was lengthy, but I must add, the mini-bar was probably the BEST stocked mini-bar I have ever seen in any hotel!!!

The pool was very nice -- I can't remember seeing a jacuzzi. Our door overhead fans, tables, and right on the intracoastal -- next to a big yacht that sort of blocks the view of the river. But, it's a nice yacht and the whole ambiance feels like you are somewhere very nice (by the way, the pool is in fact a walk across the street from the hotel, but the road is not a busy street -- more like a semi-quiet back street).

The hotel restaurant and pub looked very nice -- the prices look a bit out of the range we were willing to pay since we had run low on budget and had been feeding on included five-star meals on the cruise. There are a lot of nice restaurants in the area, and a Cheesecake Factory (yes, not a regional experience, but we know the menu and enjoy their food). Starbucks is a block north and stays open late, and so is a CVS Pharmacy Drugstore for items like snacks, toiletries, medicine and milk! :)

Lastly, the location of the Riverside is at the mouth of Las Olas -- lots of great shops. And we arrived when the city was having a art street fair. It's a great place if you like shopping, or just visiting shops. And, with the water taxi stop nearby, you can get a great tour of all the great waterfront homes, and still gain access to the ocean, surf, and other resorts (although, if the surf is really your thing and not shops, then stay at the surf resorts).

Overall, we had a wonderful robust stay -- even if it was a short while. We will stay there again when visiting FLL. The room was spacious and quiet, the front desk people, in our experience, was pleasant, humourous, and attentive -- even with my justified gripe about the mini-bar, no problems.

Oh, I forgot, you may want to check if they are getting setup or are setup with wireless Internet access, but there is a computer next to the front desk for guest use with Internet access and it came in handy -- but for only a moment since I was, indeed, on vacation.

• Stayed: September 2005
12  Thank RootRootRoot
Reviewed 20 September 2005

just spent 3 great nights.stayed in executive tower,very nice room.room size larger than most i've stayed(ex.hard rock orlando.borgata in a.c.)

location is perfect as front of hotel is on las olas blvd,back borders the new river where the pool is located(pool was quiet and refreshing).2 block walk to RIVER WALK.many restaurants to choose from(riverside has a couple and cheesecake factory actually is in the framework of hotel).

must do is the water bus for $5 dollar all day pass.takes you along new river and intercoastal waterway and to the beach(bring your own cocktails are welcome) beautiful scenery and MEGA-WEALTH (yachts,homes)everywhere.

Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank jerseyjoew
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 2 September 2005

Are you booking a BALCONY room with the Riverside Hotel, Ft. Lauderdale? It will cost you $20 per night in addition to the rate posted on expedia or hotels[---] (most online sites). Also, be prepared to pay $10 parking per night. That comes to about $30 per night in hidden charges.

I can't say the staff is polite - when I requested a BALCONY room, the receptionist rudly replied "No BALCONY ROOMS FOR EXPEDIA CUSTOMERS" - even though I paid for Executive King type. I wouldn't recommend dealing with this hotel -management staff wasn't very responsive either.

Stayed: August 2005