“Home From Home /Back To Basics.”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Hi,
We stayed in the Riverside Hotel over Christmas.This is a Excellent Hotel to spend the Festive Season.From the tme we arrived we were made feel very special.Casey on reception adopted us on our arrival.Allocating us a a lovely cosy Executive Room with Balcony and King Size Bed.
The reception and hotel were decorated with beautiful Christmas decorations.Lively
Bar with Happy Hour 4 to 7.Breafast is a special treat try the Sausages & eggs.
Dinner in the evening is served in the Dining Room or outside on the Patio.Nice menu very good food and good value try the chicken.The hostess Linda treated us in a most welcome way.
The Hotel is very central for Airport.Shopping, Cruises Restaurants and Art Gallerys.The Guests staying our Holiday were a very happy jovial bunch always a Good Morning and smile.
The concierge Rafeel (Chicago) was most helpful and could not do enough for us.Arainne in housekeeping thank you for the favour on our departure.
My reason for my theme Home From Home/Back To Basics in present times in our Strife Torn World between Wars,Famine,Recession and Global Warming it is a marvellous tonic we have the Riverside Hotel and their Staff to spoil us and forget our woes.
Our Good News is we will return for Christmas 2010.
May you All Have A Peaceful &Healthy New Year.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed 6 December 2009

OMG, where do I begin... first of all the staff was very rude except for Mr. Johnson (sorry, I dont remember his first name but he identified himself as the hotel supervisor) he noticed that a staff member was being very rude to a member of our party who kindly asked for more coffee filters for our room and she rudely denied. Mr Johnson overheard the staff member being rude and brought us gormet coffee himself. I have some advise for mr. Johnson if he reads this, go to another hotel or fire everyone else and hire better staff. This is supoused to be a 4 star hotel but the room that we got was not even half a star. The room was small, the bed was very uncomfortable (I still have a back ache) and there was a lot of things that looked that were once broken and instead of being fixed or replaced were rigged with tape and other things. They spen all this money on their lobby and this flare and when they show you your room it is worst than the cheapest trucker motel in town. When we checked in, we were asked if we wanted to park the car in the garage, and I agreed as there was nowhere else to park anywhere else. I was never told that I had to pay $17.50 a day to park my car in their garage. I wish I would have been informed of this when I checked in. I got the surprise when I got my bill and my hotel bill was more than I had planned, I had to swallow my pride an call my wifes parents to let me borrow some money to be able to check out that hell hole. Most ohe of the money that I had put aside for my vacation was eaten away but this peice of [--] hotel. In conclusion, dont stay in this hotel, its a [--] hole. If you don't have millions of dollars or a ferrari them to valet park or a huge yacht to tie up at the dock, you are going to be treated like yesterdays trash in this hotel, don't waste your money. STAY AWAY FROM THE RIVERSIDE HOTEL IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank lockypr
Reviewed 27 November 2009

Stayed at the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale for one night and can't say enough about the service (every employee you encountered smiled and said hello) and accommodations. We traveled with a couple who needed a handicap accessible room and there were no problems whatsoever. The room we had (Room 301) was large and very comfortable. It is also close to the water taxi (highly recommend you try this). Also had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was equally good (very tasty paella). Tough to beat the location also.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph A
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I stayed here when my house was being fumigated. It was very nice to be able to walk to all the great place on Las Olas. The room was ok but the view wasn't that great.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2009

My husband and I recently stayed several days in Ft. Lauderdale at the Riverside Hotel. We definately recommend staying in the "new building". The staff was very helpful and we were given a good rate. We enjoyed sitting outside in the Golden Lion Bar and watching the passersby and fancy cars driving by in the evening. Shelly is a particularly helpful bar tender, although everyone we delt with at the hotel was great. The location of this hotel is fabulous for shopping and dining. We will return.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank travelforfun63
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Great location, easy check in and very friendly front desk staff. Parking in garage $17.00 a day with elevator to main hotel. Upgraded to tower room with balcony for minimal charge. Excellent King sized bed. Only minor complaints would be the TV not being HD quality and a Myers rum and diet costing $9.00 in the hotel bar.

Will stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Hotel was nice and charming. Finishes were nice. There was a wedding going on downstairs, so it was noisier than we would have liked. But overall a lovely place

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family