“Beware of the Magazine Ad”
Review of La Casa Del Mar

La Casa Del Mar
Reviewed 12 October 2005

When we booked with them, we thought we were going to a all gay resort since we saw the ad in a gay magazine. When we arrived, we were so disapointed to find families with kids there in the pool. Nice place, just beware it is not a male gay hotel and No heated pool like they say either.

Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank James C
There are newer reviews for La Casa Del Mar

Reviewed 24 July 2005

The new owner is very weired. He is obessed with rules and regulations and does not like childrens. Room and pool are nice, (beware of cockroaches), but we would not stay another time because of him. Breakfast is a joke.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank Schneewittchen
A TripAdvisor Member
Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 July 2005

The new owner, Ohad, has done a wonderful job. The entire villa has been remodeled inside and out.
They were very accomodating with our special request. Very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and attractions.
All kinds of new ammenities have been added for the guest experience.

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 April 2005

When I made the reservation in january there was no problem with our 3 children staying in our room. When we arrived the attitude was different. As I have read on earlier reviews I understand that it recently changed owners. That explains the new attitude. We got no information about the hotel rules when I checked in, so we missed the breakfast the first morning. I chosed this hotel because of the reviews before january here at tripadvisor. No children under 12 are welcome anymore to this hotel as it says on their new website. The room was very nice and clean, so I hope they change their attitude to their customers. Who wants to stay in a hotel that says on their website "This motel has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason"

Stayed: March 2005
5  Thank RookenTooken
Reviewed 21 April 2005

The facilities were nice but the new owner made our stay very uncomfortable. He was uptight, angry and inhospitable, the opposite of what one would expect in a B&B. I would not stay there again.

Also, the toilet closet in the newly refurbished room was extremely small. One had to sit sideways on the toilet in order to use it.

Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank LngIslandRed
Reviewed 12 April 2005

Wow, this hotel was rude from the moment I called to check for directions. They snapped and asked if I had a reservation -- I mentioned it was made awhile back, and they said they were new owners with no record of it. Their tone on the phone was aggressive, and they seemed to be accusing me (the customer) of doing something wrong.

Upon arrival, their negative tone continued, and the owner had a huge attitude, including a comment, "I was a dentist in NYC, and I understand the service business!" Well, this man did not understand that taking care of someone's dental needs and managing a hotel are totally different. I highly suggest staying away from this property.

Last but not least, they have a gay rainbow flag flying (which I totally support). When I asked (in a friendly way) if they were a gay hotel, they got angry, and said, "We are not a gay hotel; we are gay friendly!" Once again, they were defensive and had an angry tone with the customer.

Bottomline, we're just not sure what they stand for other than very poor customer service.

• Stayed: April 2005
6  Thank sendline
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed 12 April 2005

I made a reservation for 4 rooms a few months back for a special reunion of female friends. At that time (with previous owners) they told me I could cancel up to two weeks ahead of time. I called two weeks ahead of time, and the new owners tried to tell me that they couldn't find my reservation. They did find it, but told me I would have to pay for not canceling three weeks ahead of time. We agreed on the pre-3-week fee of $25, just because I didn't want to deal with finding a new reservation.

When my friends and I arrived, they again said they couldn't find the reservation, although I clearly saw it in the books. He then said I didn't put any money down for the rooms. I pointed to my credit card number in his book and said that should have been sufficient. He then tried to tell me they didn't allow babies (one friend brought her 6-wk old baby), but I had told them the entire time that there would be a baby in our party.

Bottom line: they didn't want to honor the previous owner's reservations. We found another room at the Best Western Pelican Beach Resort just up the road. It was fabulous. So glad I didn't have to stay at La Casa Del Mar, where the service was really surly.

• Stayed: April 2005