“La Casa de Mar is a wonderful bed and breakfast in beautiful setting”
Review of La Casa Del Mar

La Casa Del Mar
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We.spent 10 days at La Casa del Mar at the beginning of March 2010. Booking the reservation was very easy. Whe we arrived we were given 2 rooms next to each other on the balcony level. They were rooms 8 & 9 . Both rooms very large, immaculate and comforatble. One had a king size bed and a full kitchen and dinning area. The second had two queen size beds, a small dinning area and a kitchenette. The office staff was extremely courteous and very helpful. Our stay was quiet and peaceful- just what we were ooking for. . One really notable thing happened while we were there. A friend lost a diamond stud earing but did not notice it until he returned to New York. I called La Casa and the owner Cheryl answered. I expalin what happened and she told me she would investigate the problem. An hour later she called to say that a staff member had found the diamond and they we holding it. As soon as I told Cheryl the earing belonged to my friend she offered to mail it back to us. I cannot believe the honesty of the staff and the graciousness of the owner.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 March 2010

Spent Christmas vacation there and liked our room so much I reserved it on 24 Dec. for a March trip with another friend. My credit card was immediately charged $604.94 for half payment on the room for March. When we arrived on 2 March, we were told that the room I had reserved in Dec. was occupied. There had been a screw-up in the reservation. We were given two single rooms, and I was charged and additional $198.24. My friend was charged only $150 more than he had planned because on Saturday night, he had to move into my room since La Casa was booked solid. I spoke with the owner about my disapointment. She promised to speak with the office manager. When checking out, he promised an up-grade for my next visit. There won't be another visit.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2010

This is a small, personable experience that I want when I travel. I stayed in a suite. It was big enough for three people.Very clean. The location is perfect - Close to the beach but you can't hear anything. The bed and towels was surprisingly luxurious. It was a great value.
I will stay there the next time I am in the area and I plan on returning the beach towel I accidentally stole. The price is right.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We stayed here while running the A1A Marathon in Feb and it was perfect. Charming and intimate, yet with all the amenities. Each room has it's own layout and personality which is nice when compared to the big box properties down the street. It is a great value above and beyond just the room rate. Free parking (not all do at the beach), breakfast, our unit had a small fridge and microwave to do meals, and you can take the Sun Trolley (bus) to Las Olas or the Mall for 50 cents round trip. You may not want to do any of that on vacation but having it be an option is nice. Will be back in November if not sooner.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We stayed for 5 nights and loved the location, price, and not a single complaint about the motel. Thank you for the nice accomadations at a great price!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2010

You can walk to the beach, the water taxi and some great restaurants. Six of us (all women) arrived in a torrential downpour and were sopping wet after our car rental agency failed to respond to our request to pick us up at Port Everglades after a cruise and we had to rent a van. (Apparently it had gone out of business without any notice to anyone). Unlike a large chain hotel there was no delay in getting us into our rooms even though we were hours before check-in time. The rooms were delightful and they even came through with one larger one with a full kitchen and large table so we could all get together for lunch, planning sessions, etc. The courtyard was lovely - the weather did clear the next two days that we spent there so we could enjoy it. Everyone was friendly and very helpful and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Checked into La Casa Del Mar to celebrate NYE with friends.
We booked 4 rooms and everyone was thrilled with the property.
We all had a great experience.The rooms are extremely clean and charming.
The staff couldn't have been friendlier ,from the front desk,management and the housekeepers.
It was such a treat to be so close to the beach and some great restaurants and bars.
Many nights we just left our car at the property and walked up the beach for dinner and adult beverages.
We were a little hesitant to book here because of some prior bad reviews,but we are thrilled to took the chance.
The new owners have turned this property around
We would come back anytime

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends