“Loved it!”

La Casa Del Mar
Hamilton, Canada
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2007

My partner and I stayed at La Casa Del Mar for three nights early April before taking off for a cruise. I had chosen this place because the pics looked nice and I wanted a quiet peaceful envrionment before our action packed cruise. We were very impressed with this small oasis and didn't want to leave! We spent a lot of time by the pool and enjoyed the quiet nature of La Casa Del Mar. I want to thank the owner Ohad again for all his help, he really went out of his way to accomodate us. He was great at giving us all the hot tips from what to eat to where to go on a Friday night and thanks to him we hardly ever left the restaurant Casablanca! It's a Must :) We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be returning next year. :) Jen and Diane, Toronto, Ontario

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank JeniaToronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2007

This was our 2nd vacation at La Casa Del Mar. Conveniently located. Staff very helpful. We are returning in the summer.

Stayed April 2007
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2007

What a fabulous find! My partner and I recently returned from La Casa Del Mar after a five night stay and found the property to be beautifully maintained and the owner, Ohad, to be considerate and gracious. La Casa is charming, sweet and well located. We opened the doors to the ringing of wind chimes and soon found our way to our well appointed room. The next morning we discovered the beautiful terrace and pool area and we knew we had made the perfect choice. La Casa is literally steps from the beach and several restaurants along with being one block away from the water taxi that transported us to Las Alos Boulevard, filled with fun shops and restaurants! La Casa was so very peaceful that we spent much of our time just enjoying swimming in the pool surrounded by the gorgeous palms with the cool house music at an appropriate decibel, keeping the vibe in the background. The grounds, though small, are beautifully landscaped and add to the overall appeal of the hotel along with complementing the original architecture of the house, especially the eye catching staircase! A common deck is adjacent to all rooms, but we enjoyed the top floor for optimum relaxation. During our stay the clientele were gay men and lesbians from the U.S. and abroad and everyone was polite and friendly. Thanks again to Ohad, the owner for his sincere helpfulness and for accomodating us on our last day as we had a late flight out. Thank you Ohad, we will return!
J and P from Jersey!

• Liked — Charming gay destination, well located, friendly host
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zoetravel
Arlington, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2007

I agree with other reviews. Very nice property, great staff and location. Owner was rude to staff and guests.

• Liked — staff and pool area
  • Disliked — the owner
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tucson, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2006

To summarize: The accomodations were clean and nice, the price was fair, the location was great and we would have planned a return trip had it not been for the owner's behavior after we attempted a refund for an incorrect charge on our credit card.

We booked four nights at this hotel in November at the specail $99 rate. After making the reservation Ohad called us back to inform us he could not give us the $99 rate on the fourth night which fell on 11/25 of the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend. We returned his call and canceled our reservation for 11/25.

We actually enjoyed our stay at La Casa Del Mar (although I agree with other reviewers that the breakfast was a joke). However, when we returned home we found we had been charged an additional $149.64 for the night of 11/25 which we had canceled immediately upon finding the price had changed.

We called Ohad and requested a refund - which we found difficult to do since he constantly interrupted us and would not listen. 3 weeks later the refund had still not shown up (he tried to tell us he had run the refund (which we are not sure is true) but that is can take up to 7 days (this is already 21 days later).

There were several calls to Ohad trying to clear this up becoming increasingly hostile with each phone call - we choose to dispute the claim wiht our credit card company as well as file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau - at which point we received a very caustic, hostile, sarcastic phone call from Ohad which seemed to imply that because we filed the complaint he was going to fight the disbuted charges because we didn't follow the "cancellation policy."

I called hime back to explain why we had chosen to go the route of the BBB and Credit Card company. However, we never got a chance to fully explain because he would not stop yelling at us over the phone - he continued on and on about how we were "ruining our society" (we assumed he meant lesbian society?" He was very angry and hostile and told us that he had now called every lesbian magazine both national and in florida to give our name, address and phone number to let them know we were "ruining it for our society - he had opened up the hotel to the girls and we were ruinging it and we no longer welcome." Not a way a mature business owner responds to a dispute.

We would have loved to stay there again had it not been for Ohad's questionable behavior with our credit card and inability to respond like and adult to a complaint.

• Liked — Very quaint, cozy accomodations - great location
  • Disliked — Terrible customer service and an immature response to a legitimate complaint
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here unless you are planning on paying cash!
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2006

I can't say it enough how much I appreciate the hospitality and kindness given to me during my stay at La Casa del Mar. I spent 9 days there and really enjoyed my stay.

I booked online after taking the virtual room tours online. Im always a little skeptical of pictures that hotels put up online, because some how places never seem to be as nice in person, but not this place. The property is beautiful, extremely well maintained, and lots of characters. I loved that all the rooms are different, painted with great colors, and really felt good and cozy. I had asked for a particular room on my online reservation if possible, and I was delighted when my request was granted. Thank you Ohad!

My partner and I had a great time there. We hung out by the pool most days, and Ohad was really sweet....offering us drinks and doing everything he could to be accomodating and make our visit a great one.

Also, the day that I was supposed to check out was the beginning of potential Hurricane Ernesto. My girlfriend had already left and my flight end up getting cancelled and I couldnt get out of Ft. Lauderdale for 3 nights. I was really concerned, because I had never been in a hurricane before, I didnt know the area, where to go or what to expect. Ohad was such a sweetheart! He let me stay in the hotel, even when the other guest had left. He took me to the grocery store and helped me get prepared. We even ended up sharing some meals together. I cant express enough how much I appreciate his kindness and how glad I am that I stayed at La Casa del Mar.

I would absolutely recommend this place! Great location! Great accomodations! Great people!

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank Kyla173
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2006

good morning was in lacasadelmar 3 time 1 last year and 2 time this year the hotel gut beter and betr nice fun great guys hospitalty excllent will go again
soon nice garden and more all the best luke barclone

Stayed May 2006