The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
  • Breakfast included
US$208
US$187
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$209
Official Site
US$545
US$469
US$329
US$189
Travelocity
3,856 results
All reviewsnorth towerheavenly bedocean viewsliding dooracross the streetpool areapool attendantvalet parkingvalet staffbeach chairsoceanfront rooman umbrellanice poolspring breaklas olaswater taxistarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at the Westin FT Lauderdale last week. The room was nice with a great view of the ocean. The weather wasn't great the entire time. But it didn't effect my stay because Ray the pool manager was AWSOME!!! This guy goes out of his way to make your stay great and feel at home. I will be returning to the Westin because of him.

Room Tip: Ocean front in the higher rooms feel like your on the water
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Oscar R: Thank you for sharing your vacation memories with us! We couldn’t be happier to hear that you loved your experience from check-in to check out. We can’t wait to have you back for another rejuvenating stay here at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Warning - I did not use the pool or the Westin lounge chair / umbrella section of the beach, so my experience may vary from yours. Had a great weekend here. Valet has unlimited in/out privileges (it should for this price - $28 per night plus tax) - TIP: call 10 minutes before you need the car and it will be waiting for you. Hotel is in an AWESOME location, on two mile strip of Fort Lauderdale Beach with great proximity to ocean view walks, dips in the sea, playgrounds on the beach and fun shops and restaurants. Hotel has some signs of age - duvet on heavenly bed had seen better days and desk had some stains that appeared quite old. Love the walk in shower - you can even see the living room TV from there! If you have small children, the sliding door for the bathroom might be an issue but I liked it - bigger issue was that if someone had light on in the bathroom, it would shine through the wooden shades and disturb the person in bed (still like this touch overall). Had a partial oceanview, nice to wake up, open the sliding window and see the waves crash into the beach. Shula's restaurant was nice for dinner, although I must admit I prefer the NY stakehouses. In the morning, Shula's serves the typical Westin (mostly healthy) menu which was greatly appreciated - even more so on the outdoor deck directly overlooking the beach. Note that the skywalk to the beach is purely optional - there are several pedestrian crosswalks right outside the door. Service in general was excellent, and would like to return for a longer stay next time

Room Tip: ocean view a nice plus
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveltime841

Dear traveltime841: Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth review! We’re thrilled that to hear that you had such a wonderful stay. It’s great that you loved our staff and signature Westin amenities. Thanks again, and we can’t wait to welcome you back to beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Oct for my friends bachelorette party and for her wedding this past weekend. Both experiences were wonderful. That staff knew we were their for the bachelorette party and were very accommodating to our every needs. We even walked in to the room with a surpise of martini mix waiting for us. Storm, was the best!! He was a lot of fun and took very good care of us. Of course, the day of the wedding was very hectic. We called custmer service a million times it seems. They all gave us such great customer service without hesitation; even came by just to double check on us. Overall, I recommend this hotel to everyone. They also have the best sushi in town!

Room Tip: North Tower was nice. Hospitality suite Two rooms connection very nice w/ living room area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank showstopperwraps
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed in September on a business trip. As a frequent business travel and Lifetime Platinum member of Starwood, many of teh trips blend together. Starwood is great and service is usually good, so I have no complaints. However, service before and during my stay at this hotel was notable.

Before I checked in, the staff contacted me by phone and email to gather details for my trip. They offered to book reservations for a local restaurant I like and noted that I was traveling with some business colleagues. Check in was smooth, and I was upgraded to an outstanding suite with a nice welcome amenity waiting for me. Though on business, I almost felt like I was on vacation. The staff had recomemded that I not miss the new sushi restaurant on site, so I went there my second night. Teh service there was outstanding and quality was terrific.

The only thing that could have made this stay better is if I stayed longer. I look forward to making this my standard place to stay whenever I'm in the area.

Room Tip: South Tower was where I stayed and seemed to offer best beach views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ryan C: Thank you so much for sharing your 5-star review with us! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our beautiful resort as well as the great amenities we offer on-property. We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing Westin stay.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My experience both for the wedding and bachelorette weekend was exceptional. It began as we pulled up to register when Storm the doorman greeted us and began what was an amazing way of servicing our every need. He exemplifies what we found was consistent with each and every employee. The Westin far exceeds other experiences I've had in other resort areas. I hated to leave and plan to return very soon!

Room Tip: I prefer ocean front rooms in the South tower. The corner suites are quite spacious. Easy access to both gym and spa as well as the pool and beach access and Starbucks!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family