“Exceptional Extras”

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Exceptional Extras”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Amazing Time!

Staff was amazing... Room was clean and fresh... Food was great, Pool was relaxing.

Can't say enough about the staff! They went above and beyond! I would like to point out a special Associate Stormin' the Dorrman! Can't put into words how his efforts and personal attention made us feel! Constantly greeted us with a smile and eagerness to assist with anything we needed! Also Edwin - Pool towel/chair attendant and Lian S at the pool refreshments along with Brandon at the front desk. Simple gestures and consistent customer service across the board! These are just a few of the Westin team that made a HUGE impact!

We were there for 7 days and each day was perfection!

Room Tip: Beach front room... felt like you were directly on the ocean... Loved watching the sunrise
Green Features: green program gave $5 coupon per day when you opted out of room cleaning! Heck yeah... Appetizers at dinner on the house!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank madhooks2014
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear madhooks2014: We are ecstatic to know that our property and associates went above and beyond to exceed your expectations and make your Westin stay even more enjoyable. We appreciate your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale.

Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Book this Westin with confidence. Beautiful clean rooms. The usual great Westin service and amenities. Located right across the beach with beach access from the hotel pool area. Speaking of the pool area, staff working there are awesome! We will return there for sure when visiting Fort Lauderdale again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J9257
Dear sens1992: Thank you so much for sharing your 5-star review with us! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our beautiful and convenient location right here on Fort Lauderdale Beach as well as the great amenities we offer on-property. We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay!

North Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The staff was great. Food, great. Location, great. Hotel, not great. Price was way too high for what you got. Almost $44 for a room that wasn't clean;someone else's hair in the sink. No safe in one of our rooms. Air conditioning didn't work in one of our rooms. Phones didn't work. Show was dirty. Hot tub too hot; burned our friend. Staff was always on it to fix things, but at that price it should have been like the Ritz.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lauri W
Dear Lauri W: Thank you for taking the time to share your Westin experience with us. We do take all comments seriously and will be sure to express your feedback with our team, as we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this property which was across from the beach. For the price, we were not impressed at all. We have stayed at very comparable hotels that more than exceeded our expectations. The concierge was not helpful at all, and gave us inaccurate information. However, the pool guy - Joe - was extremely nice and always willing to help. We tried to call the valet for our car, and the hotel phone lines did not work. We felt we were treated like second class. Everyone should be treated the same.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Cinder17: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale. Your suggestions are very important to us, as we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our products. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon!

Boston
Reviewed 4 May 2014

One night in Fort Lauderdale and we needed a hotel right on the beach. This fit our needs perfectly. We arrived before our room was ready to enjoy a day in the sun and was informed the room would be ready shortly. Even the valet man said it would be just a few minutes. We waited at the pool for an hour not wanting to change since we thought we would be in our room sooner. Pool scene like a cruise, lots of kids around. I totally understand that we were early but would have rather heard the room would be ready in 2 hours so we knew what time frame we had. The room was oceanfront, with odd updated bathroom with cut outs… Bed was comfortable and hotel clean, if not totally new. I would stay here again if in Fort Lauderdale and needed a quick beach fix since having the free chair rentals is such a plus when on vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Chefette: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at our property. We greatly appreciate the positive comments about our guestrooms and great location on Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I was concerned when my husband said this Westin is an older property but was pleasantly surprised that it's well renovated inside and is quite nice. The pool area is nice and reminded us of being on a cruise ship. Though a lot of the good seats in the sun were taken. We went across to the beach and it's great to have chairs set up for guests. I would come back here next time we are here for a pre cruise night!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank girlstar28
Dear girlstar28: Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as our ambience and friendly staff. We hope to see you again soon for another relaxing Westin stay!

California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The check in process went great, the room was awesome and had a great view, though in my 5 night stay there were 4 big flaws and the response wasn't great. 1st. the internet was being upgraded and was out often, it took many phone calls to find out what was going on, I spent 1 hours on the phone with the technology group, to only get frustrated and asked to talk to the technology manager and then learned this was normal because of the upgrade. So why was on the phone with the tech rep for 1hour while she gathered basic information?
2nd - one of the two elevators was broken for 2 days. The wait time for elevators averaged 30 minutes.
3rd - My room key stopped working while I was at the gym, then when I went to the front desk and asked for a new key, the associate Brandon was rude/annoyed at life and I noticed he was taking it out on the guest in front of me. I waited for about 15 minutes while he finished with the guest in front of me (there was only one associate at the front desk) then I explained my key stopped working. He ask for my ID, which I didn't have, it was in my room. He told me no new key without ID. I then had to ask, what do we do then? he said he could send security to my room with me, then they can verify my ID, then I can come back to the front desk, wait in line,and get a new key. I asked if he could make a new key, give it to the security guard, then the guard could give it to me. He said No, we don't do that. This made no sense. After two hours, I finally got a new room key.
4th - on check out I noticed my 299 rate for the last night was 899. Because I had one day in the next month it was a system glitch. The hotel fixed it when I brought it up, but I would think that should be better reviewed.
The elevators are old, outdated, and very slow and as I stated, broke down often.

Green Features: They use the make a green choice program. Skip the room cleaning and get 500 points or a 5 dollar gift card.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Yogaswim80
Dear Yogaswim80: Thank you for submitting your review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. All guest comments are taken very seriously and the concerns you addressed are currently in review with our management team. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your review and for also sharing the positives about your stay with us!