My wife and I just returned from another all to short trip to Fort Lauderdale. We booked our stay almost 3 months ago on Hotwire and got a great deal. We also decided to take our 3 year old nephew with us this time. Since we would be staying in the area during our anniversary I called the hotel and asked if there was any way that they could upgrade us to an oceanfront view to surprise my wife. The person on the phone informed me that it would be an extra $60/day for this upgrade so decided against the upgrade. When we arrived at the hotel my wife asked, for the upgrade, she did not know I had asked a few days before, the desk person looked at her and my little nephew and smiled and said she would see what she could find. What she found was a top floor room with a king sized bed and a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Things we liked:
1. Location- Right across the beach. Hotel is connected to the beach via a walkway over A1A. Close to almost everything along the beach.
2. Great staff- The staff at the Westin Beach Resort was amazingly helpful during our stay. The doorman, Stormin the Doorman, became a hit with our nephew and was very kind to us all. Everyone from the front desk, valets, concierge, and maids were phenomenal and made our stay so enjoyable.
3. Cleanliness- The hotel was impeccably clean and beautiful.
4. The Heavenly Bed- Very comfortable
5. The room- Beautiful and modern room. Flat screen HD TV. Great blackout curtains, especially helpful if you bring a 3yr old who at the very first sight of the sun in the morning wants to begin the day.
6. Quiet- Very quiet rooms could not hear the hustle and bustle of A!A from our room.
7. The pool- Very nice simple pool. Hotel provides towels and provides sun block or tanning lotion in case you forget to bring yours to the pool. The Waves bar near the pool hands out free samples of smoothies during the day.
Things we didn't like:
1. The bathroom- Although we loved the room itself the bathroom was a real problem. It is quite small and does not include a bathtub. Not a big deal unless you have a child who has never taken a shower in his life and is none too happy with the situation. The door to the bathroom was a constant bother also. Instead of being a solid door it was a wood door with wooden louvers that did not give any real privacy. It also did not have an exhaust fan. Whenever my wife or I had to go to the bathroom for something more serious we went to the first floor bathroom for privacy.
2. Internet- If you want to surf the net while you are staying at the Westin Beach Resort it will cost you. either $9.95 or $16.95 depending on the speed you choose. I feel this is ridiculous for a 4 star hotel to charge for internet usage when hotels such as Hampton Inn and others offer free internet usage.
3. No free parking- If you stay at the Westin prepare to pay $25/day for valet parking. However, the are very quick to get your car and the valets are great.
Overall we had a wonderful stay at the Westin Beach Resort and would stay there again. Hopefully, they will remove the bathroom doors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin