The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
Elita Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
Fala Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
The Fortuna Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
Nobleton Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Silver Seas Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
3,850 results
All reviewsnorth towerheavenly bedocean viewsliding dooracross the streetpool areapool attendantvalet parkingvalet staffbeach chairsoceanfront rooman umbrellanice poolspring breaklas olaswater taxistarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I never, ever write reviews but after my stay here I just had to give it many props.
Went down on a Thursday night for the Dolphins/Bears game and stayed until Sunday. EXCELLENT STAY!!! I couldn't be happier with this hotel, staff, facilities, etc.
I booked a low end room and at check-in pulled the old sandwich trick (I used a $50 bill in between my license and credit card) and get myself upgraded to a higher floor and oceanview room.
The staff was pleasant and always there to help. Room was clean, housekeeping was great, view was great, hotel was great. For the price it is a very luxurious hotel. I just can't say enough about this hotel. Don't be fooled by the negative comments some people make on here. I honestly have no idea how you could rate this hotel anything but excellent. Not to mention the smell in this place is amazing. If there is any downside it is that there is ONLY valet parking and that is $25 a day. In the grand scheme of things not a big deal since many hotel in this location operate the same way.
I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, if I'm in the area again this is the only hotel I will stay at.
Thank you for a great experience Westin!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2010

First thing....utterly chaotic valet parking, check-in was swift, requested high floor, quiet room & allocated 7th (mid-floor) next to a staff service door. Very narrow room on the side with no view. Very, very noisy, from doors constantly slamming, air conditioning duct outside on lower roof, stomping from upstairs. Absurd louvered doors to the side of the bathroom ( who on earth thought those up ) Valet parking $26.50 and charges for internet. Didn't enjoy the stay and will not return.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2010

We stayed on Starwood points for free for a relaxing weekend. We enjoyed the stay and the hotel. Everyone is right about the bathroom doors. Very strange. We were upgraded to an ocean fromt room and you could open the doors and the whole room was like a balcony. Fort Lauderdale strip was not as nice as I imagined. We always felt safe but it was a bit seedy. The concierge was somewhat unfriedly and not very helpful. The people at the pool and beach were nice.

Overall nice but I may have been a bit underwelmed if I was paying.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I just took my 3RD trip to Ft. Lauderdale and once again, I stayed at the Westin. The location of this hotel is PERFECTION. You do not even need a rental car. You can walk to restaurants, bars and clubs. All staff I encountered were very friendly and quite helpful. At the pool bar, my friends and I were treated like VIP's. The bartender, Michele LaCroix, made the trip for us. Her upbeat attitude and comical demeanor kept us laughing daily(her sarcasm was just as good). If you stay at this hotel, I highly recommend that you seek her out. She made the trip that much more enjoyable. I still feel the food prices are a bit high at Shula's Steakhouse, but like I said, the location is everything.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I visit fort lauderdale once every three months this is my first time at this hotel.The hotel was wonderful, the staff, the pool the vibe, but i will not return because the bathrooms have a louvered door and louvered window right next to the bed. I myself don't like to hear or smell my partner in the restroom wnen i am watching tv in bed.So if you go remenber be prepared for the louvers in the bathroom !!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
sinceresfbh, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2010

Dear NewJerseyScottieG: Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and staff; however we apologize that the bathroom was not the experience you had envisioned. We have received other guest comments about the functionality of the bathroom shutters and rest assured this has been communicated to our Engineering team. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to invite you back to our property in the near future!