“So glad we came back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Palm Plaza
Eindhoven
“So glad we came back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our first stay after the renovation. We booked the Grand Palm Plaza many times before as it is in a very safe en convenient location close to Sebastian's beach and all the other activities Ft Lauderdale has to offer. Once again we loved this place! The grounds, exterior and rooms have all been going a very nice update. The room we stayed in (601) was huge with ample closet space, a nice brand-new bathroom and a safe. The decor is trendy and very nice. The staff is ever so friendly and helpful! They really know how to pamper their guests. It's always nice to go on vacation to Florida but staying at the Grand Palm Plaza makes it feel like a second home away from home. We would like to thank you guys for being one of the best staff we've ever experienced. Looking forward to coming back asap.

3 Thank DutchBlokeEindhoven
edwoz, General Manager at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this review, 23 April 2015
Thank you very much for choosing Grand Palm Plaza for your vacation and travel plans. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. As a part of North Beach Village, it is our mission to provide an area where local and visitors can find love and happiness. We hope you will be able to visit us again very soon. All the best, Edward, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This property was way better four (4) years ago. After reading the reviews, we expected more then the resort offered. Yes, this is a resort for a gathering of friends. The property has a communal seating area with a limit of 6-8 people. A coat of paint did not make it quaint. Staff were nice, yet not exceptional. Do not reseve a standard room unless you are traveling alone (barely enough room to turn around. No phone in the room, however, you can set the microwave as your clock (what a hoot!). Never again. See Elysium Resort for some great attention and a great property. They also out shine the continental breakfast. Renovate and add some covered seating areas. Delete the DollarTree grounds decor.

Room Tip: Can't.......
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Michael Dave M
edwoz, General Manager at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this review, 4 October 2014
Gentlemen, I am sorry that the property was not up to your expectations. 4 years ago, our property was suffering from neglect from the previous owners. Since you compared us to Elysium, a property that is in need of a serious makeover, I am confused by your standards when choosing a hotel. But since you seem to be the minority, the old saying "you cant please them all" applies.

Some things I do need to clarify. We have lots of communal seating available throughout the property, not just in the courtyard. Your cleaver retort, "a coat of paint did not make it quaint" is also untrue as I was personally involved with the 6 month renovations. Our continental breakfast choices are the same as Elysium since we are using the same food vendor. And those "dollar tree decorations" were from our local Pride Factory. We support our local businesses and are proud to display their items here.

Please feel free to give us a try again in the future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I would like to first say that I normally do not right reviews. This is one of my first ones ever.

I rented The Grand Palm Plaza Resort to host my Thirtieth Birthday Party. Let me just say that it was the perfect venue for a perfect get together. I rented pretty much the entire venue including rooms for the weekend. I definitely will remember the weekend for ever.

The staff went out of their way to make sure that our guest were safe, having a good time, and were just a pleasure to work with. They had a solution for every problem and were not afraid to get their hands dirty.

It is the perfect venue to host a party, because A. your room is right there if you need to crash and B. It is not too big where it would look dead. It was absolutely perfect for a party of 20 to 300. The property is quintessential Fort Lauderdale with a modern flair. Everything worked perfectly, the rooms were exceptionally clean and it was easy to transform it from day time pool party to night time dance party. Being there is like being in someone's house, you just feel comfortable.

Location location location! It is perfect, far enough from the craziness of beach place, but close enough that walking is not a problem. Also it is just 1 block to the beach! Simply perfect!

This venue seemed to have the support from local hotels as it is part of a large grouping of other hotels. So if something happened, they have the support of a large network of employees. They had people there in minutes to fix any issue. It was fabulous.

I would like to thank the staff of the Grand Palm Plaza for being exceptional and making my Birthday truly memorable. I would recommend this property to anyone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Victor F
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We are so pleased that your birthday party was a complete success, and we are happy that you our staff provided first-class service for your celebration. We hope to cater to more parties in the future. All the best, Grand Palm Plaza
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I reviewed this hotel last spring and vowed I would try somewhere else the next time I was in Ft Lauderdale. But, since they had gone through a complete renovation since the last time I was here, I decided to try it again. I am glad I did. We stayed for 5 nights in late June 2014.

Keith was great at check-in. He warmly welcomed us, explained everything we needed to know, and walked us to our room and showed us around. We asked for a room on the second floor. He also checked in on us when we saw him on other occasions throughout our trip which was nice. Edward found some beach chairs for us that other guests had left and we contributed an umbrella to their beach supplies. :) Investing in some beach supplies for guests to use would be a nice amenity.

We mingled with the other guests mostly at breakfast time and all we spoke to were kind and friendly. It was a nice mix of younger guys and older guys.

Breakfast was OK, nothing great. Fresh fruit, coffee, juices, packaged muffins, hard-boiled eggs, granola bars, and cereal. Fresh muffins/bagels/toast may be a nice addition.

The location is really nice for the GPP. It was a short easy walk to the beach each day and a quick drive to dinner and shopping either at Wilton Manors or Las Olas Blvd. We hit the pool after the beach each day and one recommendation we have is to have a supply of pool/beach towels outside and a place to return the dirty towels. We would ask for fresh towels when we needed them but it may be nice just to have a pile waiting for guests.

The Grand Palm Plaza is now part of the North Beach Village group of local hotels in Ft Lauderdale. The recent renovations were very much needed as the place was in dire need of an update. We stayed in a King Deluxe Room which was a little bigger than a regular room. Basically, the difference is that the room was large enough to hold a small table and chairs which I thought we would use it to eat at but turned out we only used it to hang clothes on! We paid $97/night and in hindsight, we would have stayed in a smaller room which was $87/night, as we didn't need the table.

Even though they did renovate the whole hotel and it looks and feels sooooo much better, it looks like they took the cheap way out with a few things. They reglazed the old bathroom tile white and some spots were already chipped or still showing the old colored tile. They must have glazed the walls before they replaced the toilets because there was a big spot where the old toilet was! They also kept the old vanity and faucet in this bathroom and the floor wasn't tiled with ceramic tile or the like, just linoleum. The whole inside and out has a fresh coat of paint and each room was refurbished with new modern looking furniture, bedding, and window treatments. The patio was also cleaned up - trees trimmed, new furniture, etc. Like I said earlier, the place looks 100% better but when doing renovations (and I have renovated many bathrooms/houses) why not re-do everything and make it look/feel really spectacular instead of cutting corners?

All in all, I would recommend the GPP to future travelers. It is an excellent value and with the recent improvements, a real contender with the other more expensive gay resorts in the area.

Room Tip: I think with the recent renovations, all the rooms are nice. Your choice would depend on whether yo...
1 Thank ctmike15
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I truly enjoyed this gem in the rough. It is a small hotel but truly beautiful. I enjoyed the upgraded rooms, the welcome of Edward and Keith was just wonderful. They make you feel like family. They even gave me a late check out and when I wanted to just hang around to pool until 2pm they allowed me to do so at no charge and even provided a place to shower and change. I recommend this gem to anyone just wanting a quiet get away and simply enjoy the awesome pool, there is a grill available if you don't want to go out and want to cookout just like home. They also kept the continental breakfast food out for me to snack on and brought frozen grapes to enjoy poolside along with my wine. It was fabulous

Room Tip: Great hotel. No spa or Fitness Center but you are free to use the one over at the Royal Palm for no...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Estevao12
Thank you very much for choosing Grand Palm Plaza for your vcation and travel plans. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. As a part of North Beach Village, it is our mission to provide an area where local and visitors can find love and happiness. We hope you will be able to visit us again very soon. All the best, Edward, General Manager.
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed memorial day weekend. We were originally booked at another of their properties that was overbooked and they more than made up for the inconvenience. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly. The room was very clean and it was quiet. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
edwoz, General Manager at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Thank you very much for choosing Grand Palm Plaza for your vacation plans. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you with us again in the future. Be sure to check back at our website for future specials and events. All the best, Edward.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

From the time I checked in until I check out, I must say the staff was very accommodating. The room was very clean and well set up. I had a full kitchen with a full size refrigerator. The living room area was wonderful and because our group had all the rooms, I had people over for lunch and drinks several times and the place lent itself to having them over. I was very happy with the accommodations and staff.

Room Tip: My room was on the floor level next door to the management office and I must say I never heard staff...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
What a wonderful idea to reserve all our rooms currently at fifteen and growing to host your family and friends to celebrate your special weekend event. With our summer rates in effect it certainly makes it affordable. Clean rooms and friendly, knowledgeable staff is our number one goal. We are happy we made you feel most comfortable in helping you entertain your guest at our hotel and hope you consider us for your next event..