“Definitely My Go-To Place in Fort Lauderdale”

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights over April break:two at the start and one at the end. I was in FLL for a travel agent conference at the convention center which was just over the bridge. My first stay was not in the tower, but it was still very nice. The room was huge and close to the pool. Very comfortable bedding and great air conditioning. All rooms come with an ipod docking station, which was nice. I ordered room service and it was pretty good, but pretty expensive.

My second stay came at the end of the break, after a week in Jamaica. We were placed in the tower. If you can request it, stay in these rooms. They're a little smaller than the other rooms, but the feature a huge wrap-around balcony with incredible views of the pool, marina, and, if you're high enough, of the ocean. But the best part was watching all the huge ships go out of Port Everglades. I'm a travel agent, so this was entertainment for me ;)

The resort if huge, with a beautiful pool area and a nice spa. The entire property is very clean and bright, with lots of marble and nice furnishings. The service was great and the amenities are wonderful. I plan to return to Fort Lauderdale. Its such a great place and much more relaxing than non-stop Miami. I will definitely be returning to Pier Sixty-Six.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank caribe_chic
Write a ReviewReviews (4,965)

Reviewed 4 June 2011

Like the title of my review says the outside part of the hotel is beautiful. The landscaping is plush. The pools are breathtaking and the grass is uber green. Everything about the hotel on the outside is beautiful.

DO NOT LET THE LOBBY AND THE LANDSCAPING FOOL YOU!

If you notice one thing 90% of the reviews of this hotel are good and posted by people who have only ever posted one review. That is something to be skeptical about to begin with. Notice that most of the negative reviews are posted by people who use tripadvisor alot. Something to think about!

We got this hotel thru the name your own price feature thru Priceline so we were stuck with it. My boyfriend and I decided to go on a romantic trip at a local hotel as we live in ft lauderdale. Having never been to this hotel we figured it would be nice because its a Hyatt.

Boy we were in for a rude awakening!

The first room they put us in smelled very moldy and was disgusting. As I said my boyfriend and I wanted a romantic weekend, they only had rooms with doubles. Why hotels in 2011 put doubles in rooms and not queen beds is beyond me. The room also had the nosiest AC unit I have ever heard. It was like an upgraded Motel 6 room. We told management about the room being displeasing and they "upgraded" us complimentary to a different room type. It was in fact a little nicer but the air conditioning did not work at all. The room had a beautiful view of the pool but the AC not working in the room caused alot of problems. The room was supposed to have a fridge, you can tell because of the furniture had a fridge space, when u open the door it was empty with a big hole in the back of it. When requested a fridge they "ran out". Well they should of been in the rooms to begin with. My boyfriend and I really wanted to stay so that we could have a romantic evening but decided the plush landscaping wasnt worth a room with no AC and checked out.

Management was completely unapologetic and could care less.

This hotel is the reason I will never use a Priceline name your own price feature ever again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank FTL777
GMPier66, General Manager at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows me to perfect our service moving forward. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconsistent service you received during your experience with us. Thank you for your time to review the property, and we hope that we can rebuild your trust in us so if your travels bring you back to the Fort Lauderdale area please contact me directly so that I may assist you with your accommodations.

All the best

Glenn Spanier
Haytt Regency Pier 66
glenn.spanier@hyatt.com
954-525-6666

Reviewed 3 June 2011

Stayed Memorial Day weekend on a short "staycation". Beautiful location and awesome pool area. Pool wait staff and bartenders (Chelsea, Mary, Felix and Francisco) were the best. Try their pisco mango sour. Lunch at the Pelican Bar overlooking the Intracoastal waterway provided great food and drink with spectacular view of luxury yachts and the beautiful Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal and skyline. Their fish burrito and shrimp cocktail is a hit. Great happy hour specials here also. The only downside is not many breakfast options but plenty of breakfast spots within a short walk across the 17th Street Causeway bridge. Overall, the best value for the costs vs. the amenities. Highly recommended, especially for families.

Reviewed 2 June 2011

What a great way to spend a romantic weekend! Friendly staff, fun bartenders awesome food! No need to leave the resort. End it off with an incredible Sunday Brunch in their revolving restaurant overlooking the ocean, waterways and cruise ships! We will be back soon!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salaben
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Went on business to Ft. Lauderdale to view a boat and the boat owner actually recommended this hotel. It was further away than some other hotels closer to the marina that his yacht was in, but it was well worth the drive (just a few miles further). Great rooms, great service, and soon to be great prices in their restaurant and pool bar (great breakfast by the way, which was all that we ate there). That was my only complaint, and the managers said they are working on that. They actually wrote an email stating that they recieved my feedback and are working to make that experience in the food and bev pricing arena much better. Even with that issue it was an extremely pleasurable experience, and with that one issue addressed it will be flawless. I recommend the hotel with two thumbs up. Hopefully I'll be able to recommend the pool bar and restuarant with two thumbs up on our next trip. I will keep you posted.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Super staff, great room, great views, great pool, great all around.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

This hotel gave us fabulous service and a fun place to stay while in Ft. Lauderdale. Our room (2045) was on the ground level facing the canal with boats and yachts going by and near the pool. It was very convenient., spacious, and had a large dressing area/bathroom. We ate at Mariner's for breakfast (very good) , Pelican Landing (casual & great for children) and Orchids Pool Bar (lunch was very convenient and quick service). The pool was huge and had plenty of lounge chairs and towels. All the hotel staff that we had contact with were very friendly, cooperative and accommodating. We could not have asked for more.