“Excellent way to relax”

Ranked #41 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Pasadena, Maryland
“Excellent way to relax”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

In October we went to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Hotel for a two day stay after a cruise to relax before returning home. When we arrived, the lady at the desk told us the room we reserved was not ready and she could upgrade us to the tower at no additional charge. The room she gave us was wonderful. It over looked the waterway by the Peligan Landing restaurant and the marina; we were also able to see the cruise ship we just got off of. We were able to watch the ship leave that evening and the next day we watched her sister ship leave as well. All the staff were wonderful and very helpful. They made our stay a great memory and the perfect end to our vacation. We stayed here in 1992 with my husband's parents before a cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary. Our return this time was just as great as we remembered the last visit. When we are in the Fort Lauderdale area again we will certainly make sure we stay with Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six again. Thank you for making our experience a great memory. The Cattertons

Room Tip: The tower rooms with a view of water on either side of the hotel will be very relaxing
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,207)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The resort was beautiful, pools looked so inviting the only issue we had was the entire time we were there it rained. We had to eat in the lobby bar area which I would not recommend for dinner. The service was lousy and they seemed unhappy to be serving dinner there even though it was the only option available due to the storm. The rooms were large and bedding was fabulous...very cozy!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I planned a staycation getaway for the weekend and decided to be carefree and give Priceline a try. I was able to get this hotel for the price I quoted but boy was that a mistake. I had specific requirements such as a nice view of the beach or intercoastal with a balcony, a microwave so I don't have to leave the room and complimentary wireless connection. You would think a four star hotel would have these things but you would be wrong!

Upon arrival, I was informed of the $25+tax valet parking fee ($21+tax self park), it was raining so I had no choice but to use valet. Then I am told that the hotel is over 90% booked and they could only offer me a room with 2 queen beds on the GROUND floor of their secondary living area because the tower is fully booked. Now I'm thinking, when did the Hyatt have motel style accomadations?? No kings available and my view was a walkway that lead to the pool area. There was a patio but there was no privacy because I was on the first floor and the first room when you come out of the main lobby so I didn't enjoy the outside area at all. I did visit the pool area which was nice. There are 3 pools with varying depths and a nice cascade of water that separates them. There is also a poolside bar but it was empty because of the rainy day.

The room itself was average although the bathroom was a large size because your closets are in there and the shower is huge because there is no tub. The internet had a daily fee and there was no microwave on the entire premises according to the front desk so I had to eat cold takeout.

I was borderline harrassed by the cleaning staff on day of checkout. She knocked on my day at 10:30am asking when I was leaving! Checkout is not until 11 so I did feel the need to inform her of that.

Overall, I would not stay here again because I would be concerned about being in the motel area again and the parking fee is ridiculous. I'm not that picky but there are certain expectations one have when paying for 4 star accomodations.

Room Tip: Request the tower unless you don't mind the motel feel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank sweetttea33
GMPier66, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is appreciated as it allow me to perfect our service moving forward. I am somewhat concerned about some of your comments such as a fee for internet service which we do not have, or not being able to offer your requested room type which we try hard to fulfill but due to high occupancy levels we were unable to assit your request. I do hope in the future that you do give us the opportunity to impress you with our service.

All the best

Glenn Spanier
Hyatt Regency Pier 66
glenn.spanier@hyatt.com
Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This was our 4th stay @ Pier 66 for the International Boat Show. Terrific hotel with exceptional staff! Rooms are clean and roomy with great views. The hotel's restaurant - Grille 66 - is one of the best in Ft. Lauderdale! The grounds are immaculate and the pool area & bar are terrific & lively. Definitely one of the best values in the area. Service is outstanding from check-in to check-out!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Lancaster,Ontario
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This is a first class hotel where the staff go out of there way to make your stay fantastic and you want to come back. The only little quirk was that the food in there restaurant was a little bit below par on this visit. I have informed management of this and I hope that they look into it which I am sure that they will. We will be back at this hotel in January 2012 so we will see it changes have been made in the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Helston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This is pleasant enough hotel and our room was lovely but we found the service poor and some of the staff offhand, the service at the bar was particularly slow. For several years we have tended to holiday in the far east and have, perhaps, been spoiled by the level of service and friendliness of the staff in hotels there so we were somewhat disappointed by our stay at this hotel. On the plus side breakfast was very good. We had dinner at the hotel's restaurant on the marina ( I can't remember what it is called) and found it expensive for what it was, basic pub grub.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Bedfordshire
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed at Pier 66 for the second time for 4 nights in the middle of October. Despite 2.5 days of rain and muggy weather, we managed to enjoy a day bynthe pool, have a delicious dinner in Pier 66 and take in the fabulous boats and yachts in the Marina.

I cannot understand why this hotel is not higher in the trip advisor listing, it's a great base with fantastic views, the pool area is fabulous and the pool restaurant is worth a visit, as it breakfast in the main hotel.

The Hyatt Beds are so comfortable you will never want to get up!

• Stayed October 2011