The hotel is located relatively close to Fort Lauterdale´s International airport;
apox. 20 minutes by car.
From the outside and on the website, the hotel looked great.
But: Good or bad is the result of numerous details and characteristics; here´s my experience:
The check in process war quick; I arrived in the morning before the official check-in hour which is 12 o´clock - but got a room immediately which was a pro.
The receptionis was neither nor friendly nor unfriendly - but simply "cold".
The hotel rooms are both in the tower plus in a number of 2 story buildngs along the canals.
I´ve NOT been offered any help with my luggage - something I would expect from a 4 star hotel.
When raining, there is no way, you can reach your room withoug getting wet.
Also the structure of the walkway is very poor - see pictures:
You better put your boots on to keep your feet dry....
The room was large - with a direct view to the canal; with a nice terrasse - great.
But: some ship owners dump their trash onto the great area in front of the room.
The room is large; the airconditioning efficient - but loud.
The bed - very comfortable!
A nice large plasma TV - with a very slow operating system.
A coffeemaker with coffee and tea; plus an empty(!) minibar.
A safety box available - but located on the floor around the corner of a small closed -
which make access difficult.
The bathroom with a tub and a shower - showing dark borders on the bottom.
A nice intensive cleaning would have helped.
The rooms seem to have some "years" - not quite new - and not as expected.
Positive: FREE internet (AT&T) - stable and decent speed.
Several areas require maintenance - see pictures.
Access from outside "green" - could do with some cleaning!
Inside: no lockers in the gym (maybe in the spa next door).
Equipment: functional - but not well maintained; several machines show oxidation;
others are worn.
See the picture of the aircondition: disgusting - dirty!
It seems that the management has not walked accross the property for a longer time - otherwise, they would have noticed the condition of the property and fixed it.
The way it is at the moment, it does not deserve 4 stars.
They charge a high price for the room plus a resort-surcharge; plus self-parking (21USD/day) which in total makes it a very lousy price-performance ratio.
Fortunately, I only stayed 2 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, a South Florida landmark resort in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, is a 22-acre tropical retreat featuring a world-class marina; Spa 66, the signature health and beauty spa; and a full-service Aquatic Center. A refreshed classic, the resort boasts a new contemporary lounge and function space, along with 384 spacious guestrooms and suites, a spectacular three-pool oasis, and five dining outlets offering everything from incredible waterfront views to innovative, fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-6
- Hyatt Regency Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale