“Excellent visit”

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
Ranked #43 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 23 February 2008

I booked this hotel in November and certainly had some concerns after reading reviews but our experience was terrific. Check in was smooth and pleasant. We had a room on the lowest level facing the pool and it was updated and in great shape. We had dinner at the Pelican Bar one night and the fish burrito is terrific and you can't beat the view. On Sat. night we ate at Grille 66 and it was one of the best dinners we have ever had. Pricey....but excellent. We had the filet migon, one baked potato we shared, the tomato/onion salad. Everything was superb. I used the hot tub which is huge and was very warm. Our visit was trouble free.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank nancynana

Reviewed 23 February 2008

Stayed here on both ends of cruise(which was not within walking distance unless you like to walk over bridges and then walk 2 miles within the port area with trucks everywhere) and was wary of recent reviews. Was upgraded to tower like some people said with a view of the roof but also the water and bridge. Nice. First night was great but the desk could learn to smile and might try to be friendly. Room was fine and breakfast was great. Cab ride about 10 to port and 15 from airport. Second night was even better. Got there at 10am and was able to get room with a very nice female person at the desk. Pool area was great as well as the room which we stayed in the marina this time. They have a boarding pass computer in the lobby which was of great use. We were going to use the water taxi but after waiting twenty minutes past the scheduled time we gave up and went to the concierge and got a rentel car for the day. He worked quickly and got us a great deal. The bellman and valets were also very nice on both stays. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Franchise74
Reviewed 23 February 2008

Rooms have plenty of insects. Had a vehichle break-in that when security was contacted I waited over 30 minutes to show up, luckily my life was not in danger. Paid $ 20.00 for parking and on several occassions they had some functions going on and was told lot was full, sorry. They never offered to refund parking fee when it was brought up to front desk. This was my third year staying there and will be my last stay.

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank didomenicojohn
Reviewed 20 February 2008

Beautiful lobby. Stayed in courtyard area. Rate was $329 for a Saturday in February. Nothing in walking distance except gas station across the street closes early if you need beverages.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank SandSurfneeded
Reviewed 16 February 2008

Great Hotel...not quite a resort-although the pool was impeccable for relaxing and enjoying the warm sun....breakfast buffet was great! everything you can wish for and more. staff was friendly....The waterfront restaurant makes the best mojito and the mahi wrap was to die for....will come back....what a view!

Room had great view...was clean and Front Desk staff was very helpful...except for the bellman which never smiled...Business center has everything you need...The food in the lobby was tasty - didnt care for the entrees - aps were top of the line...a singer perfomed Thursday but not Wed....Spa needs renovations badly...great ambiance....see you soon again...

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank streettalk
Reviewed 14 February 2008

Stayed here for two evenings... Staff is excellent and when we checked into our first room that had mildew - we were changed immediately... I think because of location on the water, mildew probably is a little problem. Our next room was mildew free and newly refurbished - lovely linens ~~ Pool was great and meals poolside were delicious. I am booked again for February. Also so near cruise port - highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank castle701
Reviewed 8 February 2008

We recently stay at Pier 66 for our semi annual company meeting and I must say, the hotel overall was nice (renovations still going on) but not what I'd expect from a Hyatt. The lobby is nice and the staff there was very nice and accomodating. When I had an issue with my internet connection they were very quick to resolve the problem. The hotel has rooms in the tower (didn't stay there so I can't comment) and rooms either with a pool view or a marina view. I had a ground floor room which opened up to the marina which was quite nice. The grounds surrounding the rooms are in need of some TLC because as you walk the grounds you think you are in a motel not a Hyatt hotel. The room itself was nice and comfortable, with a flat screen TV, comfy bed and a nice bathroom. Everything looks relatively newer than I'd expected so my guess is that my room had been recently renovated (maybe within the past 2 years or so).

Can't comment on the pool or the pool bar since I didn't take advantage of either. I did use the tennis courts and they were ok. I heard that the spa was nice and that the gym was outstanding even though I didn't use it. Comments from those that used it said it's the biggest and nicest gym they'd ever seen in a hotel.

We had all of our meals catered by the hotel and they were quite good. Not sure if it's the same food that is served if we were just guests eating at their hotel.

The ballrooms were all under construction but for our needs we didn't mind. It would be nice if they had wireless service through out the hotel. Maybe they'll upgrade.

All in all, it's a nice hotel but not sure if I'd pay $286 a night to stay there. Maybe after they've finished upgrading it and bringing it to the Hyatt standards I'm accustomed to.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business