“Pre Cruise”

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. Had never been to Ft Lauderdale before but cannot imagine staying anywhere else. Love the cool vibe throughout the hotel. Lobby bar serves food which worked after an evening flight. Did not otherwise eat at the hotel, but around the corner at the Marina is a casual bar/restaurant with lovely views. Had the Marina view room(twice) and can't complain Spacious room with wonderful upscale bathroom amenities. Sneak a visit to the Aveda spa-it's worth it. .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sasha983
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for posting your review. We are so glad other guests' reviews made you pick our hotel and happy you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to your next visit. The casual restaurant you mentioned, located around the corner of the marina and overlooking the intracoastal is he Pelican Landing. You definitely should try next time!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,960)

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We love this hotel. It offers everything one could want in a relaxing, comfortable yet exciting place to stay. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure everything if just perfect. Friendly, professional and helpful all of the time. The pool area is very tropical with beautiful and well maintained landscaping. The hotel lobby, bar and restaurant are all very appealing. We have been coming here for years and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy C
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Happy Anniversary and best wishes for many more! Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased that once again your hotel experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable, and that our team provided friendly and personalized service. We look forward to your return next year.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I celebrated my fabulous 40th birthday in Fort Lauderdale and I stayed at this hotel. Admittedly, I was not ready for the mid-summer heat and humidity of Florida in mid-July but I can't say anything negative about this hotel -- it was an absolutely fabulous stay!

I did not feel like I was in Florida, when I was in the hotel! I really felt as if I were in the islands somewhere. Now, to be fair, I bid this room on Priceline for a song and my room was one of the garden, Bahamian-style rooms. The room was extra large and spacious with large balcony or patio shaded by extra large palm trees. Just beyond the palms, I could see the lighted pool from my comfortable balcony. The room I occupied was super wide with substantial space between the beds and the TV. French doors opened to a cavernous bathroom with an extra large closet off to the left. A huge, clear glass shower, sitting area and a separate room for the commode were nestled into the endless bathroom. The towels were extra large, plush and ample in numbers. My bed was comfortable with big fluffy pillows and the bedding was soft. I felt like I was sleeping in the clouds. I'm hard-pressed to believe a comparable room in the tower was better than mine.

The staff was excellent, they were friendly and helpful at every turn. While I did not venture out to any of the hotel's restaurants, I did order room service on a day when it felt as if a tropical storm was passing through. The food arrived quickly and was well worth the price. The grounds were beautifully manicured throughout the property.

Now, you know I have to stay on the actual beach next time I come, but due to its close proximity to the cruise port, when I take my first cruise, I will stay here.

Kudos Hyatt - You're two for two! (See my review for Hyatt Regency New Orleans.)

Room Tip: End Gardens are the biggest.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Happy 40th Birthday! We are really happy to know you totally enjoyed your stay, from the room, its amenities to the atmosphere of the Lanai location. It seems it all made your celebration extra special. We appreciate your nice comments about our staff. Thank you so much for sharing with us your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through a package from Southwest Airlines. In all honesty, I didn't know what to expect. Every one of the staff were pleasant and accommodating. The room was a bit dated, but the view was amazing. I watched a few cruise ships taking off. The pools were nice and at the perfect temperature. I would come back again just because of the excellent service. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Stephen S
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very pleased that the amzing view and our personalized service made for a memorable stay. I will certainly share your kind remarks with our entire team, and we hope to see again. Thank you for your recommendation!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Nice hotel. Older but clean and kept in good shape. Fabulous pool area and gardens. Tower rooms have great views in all directions. Surcharge for parking and for internet. Bar was rather expensive but the audience is captive ($12 vodka/soda). Staff was polite and pleasant.

Room Tip: When booking, ask for a room in the tower vs the garden villas. Much more convenient. Views are ve...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveNaples2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. So glad you enjoyed our pools and the view from your room and thank you for the kind words about our staff. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is our third time at this hotel, we just love their Oasis pool and garden area with three large pools.
This is a great resort and we don't have to eat in the same place every day. We have the freedom of venturing out and experiencing a variety of restaurants.
Having said that, we just love hanging out by the pool area most of the day where you can munch on light Lu Che's served either in the pool bar and fell. Or served to your lounge chair.

Important: you need a car to get around and the usual parking fee is $21/day. However, if you pre pay cash, you will only pay $11/day.

Room Tip: Ask for the Lanai rooms as opposed to the tower
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. It is such a pleasure to be described as "amazing"! We are happy you enjoyed your Lanai accommodations, the pool and our food and beverage offer. We hope to welcome you back if your travels bring your back to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

It is still a grand contemporary hotel, very well maintained.
Almost a time capsule.

When you walk in you can almost hear the theme of Miami Vice playing in the background.

This was the place to be for shakers and movers in the 80's.
It has been kept in the same style, and is one of the few places in the world where you can go to a big classic hotel that is not a cookie cutter "euro-mod" chain hotel.
Very tastefully minimalist decorated, lots of windows and glass, overlooking the grounds

I stayed in the Tower, and could look out over the Pacific Ocean, A1A, the Intercostal, and view million dollar yachts.
The room was huge, had a private balcony you could have a party on, and a bathroom that was very nice and beyond well equipped.

The Hotel overlooks several yacht brokerages, and is a major staging area for the Ft. Lauderdale boat show.

Food was excellent, bar nice, ground immaculate.
Lots of restaurants within walking distance.
If you are looking for a place to stay before a cruise, this is it, the cruise ship will look like a dump after this place.

Room Tip: Not any bad rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SunandSkiers

Thank you for the review about your recent stay. Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six defnitely has a long history and we enjoyed your "down memory lane" comments! We are glad your entire hotel experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable. Thank you for the high recommendation and we look forward to your next visit!