I have recommended this hotel several times to clients, but this was my first stay here. I was pleasantly surprised. At first glance you imagine that the uniquely shaped tower is the whole property, to my delight it was much larger at 12 acres. The lobby and restaurant area were much more modern than I expected. The check in staff very helpful, friendly and efficient. They offered great recommendations for restaurants in the area and things to do.
The main area of the hotel reminded me of a old motel, but once I entered my very large room I was impressed. Updated, with a huge changing are, bathroom and comfortable bedroom area.
Large windows overlooked the canal, the windows also opened to allow for a fresh breeze to keep the room cool. I ordered room service, it was surprisingly affordable, even with the "room service charge AND delivery charge. The bed was very comfortable allowing for a restful sleep after a long day of travel.
Check out was a breeze via the in room TV. I highly recommend this as around noon check out time the queue at the guest relations desk was huge. You must be prepared to taxi to and from the airport as there is no shuttle, this was fine by me as most airport shuttles have 20-40 minute wait, I don't have time for that. Total cost with tip was about $18usd from the airport and about $16 to the cruise ship. The pre paid transfers and shuttles had huge lines and waits. The taxi was the way to go.
You can also walk up 17th street to shop shopping and restaurants, but you do have to cross the bridge, its about a 30 min walk to the main shopping area. There is a convenience store across the street if you just need some water or snacks.
I highly recommend this property for either a one night stay or a full resort vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, a South Florida landmark resort in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, is a 22-acre tropical retreat featuring a world-class marina; Spa 66, the signature health and beauty spa; and a full-service Aquatic Center. A refreshed classic, the resort boasts a new contemporary lounge and function space, along with 384 spacious guestrooms and suites, a spectacular three-pool oasis, and five dining outlets offering everything from incredible waterfront views to innovative, fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-6
- Hyatt Regency Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale