We stayed at 3 different four star beach area hotels on our vacation to the Fort Lauderdale area. The 3 in order from furthest away from the airport and port are The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, The Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach and The Hyatt Regency Pier 66. We successfully bid $90 for the Westin, $90 for the Sheraton and $120 at the Hyatt (but that one was booked almost 2 months after the first 2). We had multiple rooms at each property.
The hotel Concierge at the Westin was able to hook us up with a reasonable shuttle to the port for $8/person. A Taxi to the Sheraton including tip from the port was $15 for 4 people. And to the Hyatt Regency, the shuttle guys were charging $7 per person but would be much less by taxi (I would guess $10). The Taxi fare from the Hyatt to the airport will run you about $15 incl tip. The contracted shuttle from the hotel charged us $20 flat. To the Westin from the airport we paid $30 with tip.
This was a great property, with beach access by shuttle I believe, and very nice rooms. There is a fee for parking (there is free internet at the Sheraton in their Link area and it is free at the Hyatt-throughout the property).
If staying at the beach, you do not need a car. Parking averages $20-$30 a night and there is a trolley that runs the whole beach route for $.50/person or $2/day (goes up to $1 & $3 as of Jan, 2014). The city bus is also an option after 6:30 PM; as, the trolley stops running at that time. The bus costs $1.85/person or $.85 for seniors. A taxi will average $10 per way to local restaurants in the area.
Overall this is a great place to stay and relax (Not sure about the beach access if that is important to you- this property is at the pier). The Sheraton is a good compromise if you do not care about the room as much. This property is very close to the port (just over the bridge).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, a South Florida landmark resort in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, is a 22-acre tropical retreat featuring a world-class marina; Spa 66, the signature health and beauty spa; and a full-service Aquatic Center. A refreshed classic, the resort boasts a new contemporary lounge and function space, along with 384 spacious guestrooms and suites, a spectacular three-pool oasis, and five dining outlets offering everything from incredible waterfront views to innovative, fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-6
- Hyatt Regency Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale