Ft. Lauderdale is my hometown and though I've been away for years, it was my wife's first trip and I wanted her to have a great time.
I chose Pier 66 for its' reputation and as it was not far from all the great memories, places and beach I knew growing up. I had hoped for the best, but there were some gaps along the way - i.e. the construction we didn't know about on the canal-side so that we couldn't sit out on the porch and enjoy the small view. Also, the night staff weren't going out of their way to assist when we arrived after our 25 hour flight from Hong Kong.
Nonetheless, we had a good stay overall; ate well, were generally treated nicely by the concierges, desk staff and others, but in the end, it was Bobby Guida who made our day!
Bobby was a pleasure to be around; funny, helpful, even sympathetic to our cause - importantly, he made things happen. Not to go into great detail, but the factors were that he knew all the right people, made all the right introductions, passed on all the relevant details and you just felt that he was truly interested in our well-being as he took steps to make our lives easier.
Bobby, if you read this, thank-you for being such a nice guy and so helpful to my wife and I. From that point on, our "epic" holiday just got better and better! (California, Florida, 8 cities, 1500 miles, 21 days...). See you in Hong Kong!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, a South Florida landmark resort in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, is a 22-acre tropical retreat featuring a world-class marina; Spa 66, the signature health and beauty spa; and a full-service Aquatic Center. A refreshed classic, the resort boasts a new contemporary lounge and function space, along with 384 spacious guestrooms and suites, a spectacular three-pool oasis, and five dining outlets offering everything from incredible waterfront views to innovative, fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-6
- Hyatt Regency Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale