Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
US$218
US$239
US$187
US$161
US$144
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$520
US$447
Travelocity
5,111 results
All reviewsthe hyatt regencypelican landingtower roomlanai roomspool arealobby barwater taxibreakfast buffetcruise portpre cruisegreat poollas olasteripropertynelsonmarinerft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We booked this hotel as a post cruise layover for an early flight the next morning. We arrived from the cruise around 11am with a 4pm check in time. Knowing we were early we waited in line to see if there were any rooms available. The front desk told us our room wasn't ready and they took our phone number promising to call as soon as a room was available. We were able to store our luggage and grabbed lunch outside while we waited. Around 2:30pm we thought we'd try again on our room since there wasn't much we could enjoy on the hotel property without having our luggage or a room to change into bathing suits. The front desk still said the room wasn't available and wasn't sure when it would be but again promised to call as soon as it was. At 4:15 which was now after check in time we still hadn't received a phone call but assumed we would have a room. Waiting in another line (the front desk was very slow) we tried to check in and yet again were told the room wasn't ready. I asked when it would be ready because it was now after 4pm and he could not give us an answer except saying they would call. So we decided to just wait in the lobby hoping it would be soon. As we waited I saw the front desk staff keep leaving customers to go into the back room when there were lines of guests waiting. They seemed to be preoccupied with other things and wouldn't even look up at people in line. The service was very slow and did not seem efficient. SInce we were waiting so long I was able to watch this first hand for hours. If we hadn't' prepaid for our room we would have left at this point. At 6pm now with less than 12 hours before we had to check out we went back in line to check the status of our room. It was finally ready but we received no phone call and they couldn't answer when we asked why we were not called. Finally having a room we went up to our room to find out that the keys weren't working and had to go back down again to wait in line for them to reprogram the keys. The only redeeming quality and the reason I did give 3 stars is that our room was very nice and the view was great. The hotel in itself is very nice, but they are def in need of new management or better service at the front desk. Waiting 7 hours for our room is unacceptable. We should not have had to wait an additional 2 hours after check in and not receive any apology or information as to why our room wasn't ready. As nice as the property was we had no time to enjoy it and I would not come back here after this experience.

2  Thank Stephanie O
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent visit. We apologize for the delay in check in and will make sure to share your comments with our front office manager in order to improve the procedures and exediate check ins. We are pleased you enjoyed the room and the view and hope you will give us another chance so we can show you a much better stay.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This has to be the worst Hyatt Hotel in the United States. The staff is beyond helpless, the shower had bugs in it and the water hovered at a one inch layer of film for the entire duration of our stay. If you politely alert the hotel of any issue, they ignore it, tell you that they will have the manager call you back, and then completely try to avoid you for the remainder of your stay. Trust me, spend the money to stay anywhere else, the location may be fine for a cruise, but that is the only positive thing about this place.

Room Tip: Aak for a room in the main tower... good luck getting what you ask for.
4  Thank Acasacc

Words cannot express how sorry we are for your recent experience. Thank you for sharing it with us. We will look into the condition of the pool but most of all we apologize you felt your comments fell on deaf ears. We rely on our guests' feedback as it helps us constantly improve our services. We hope you give us another opportunity to show you how much we value our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm currently staying at the Hyatt Pier sixty six. From some of he revues I thought I might have mad a bad choice.

The room we have is back by the marina and is in a great location. He room is large and has two beds and a nice patio. He patio chairs are filthy dirty and you don't want to sit in them. Our bathroom has body fluid stains on he floor near the toilet that haven't been clean since we have even here.

The resort has two smallish pools and a hot tub jacuzzi that is hot!

I think my biggest complaint is the lack of service. I have only come in contact with with a few people at be hotel that care about there jobs. The young women that checked us in was amazing. A few of be valets have been good but that's all. All in all the stay has been ok but if you are going to stay here don't pay anything more than $175.00 per night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sixsevendc

Thank you for sharing with us your stay experience. We are glad you liked your room with its marina views and that our front desk agent made you feel welcome. We will definitely pass on all your comments to other departments as it seems we failed to fully wow you this time. We hope we can offer you a perfect experience during your next visit.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is my second review of the Hyatt Pier 66... This time I stayed in a Marina Pool View room and really Loved it. These rooms are separate from the Main Tower building...they encircle the outer areas around the pool and overlook the gardens and pool area. My room was on the second floor, they only have two floors and its view was of the sparkling pool and waterfall. The sliding doors are wide and opened to a balcony that I enjoyed having lunch on. For some reason, I experienced a sense of calm there, something I needed and genuinely enjoyed my stay. The pool bar and Lobby food were good...the pool bar food being extremely generous in portion and extremely reasonably priced. The pools were clean and temperature wonderful and many lounges available as well as umbrellas. My overall experience was great and so I felt this second reviewer's opinion was warranted. Thanks Hyatt for a great time.

Room Tip: The Tower Rooms overlook the Marina and Bridge, which is very nice...The Marina view rooms look out on beautiful yachts, and the Pool view rooms, the sparkling pool and gardens. So, it's a choice thing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

We could not be more thrilled to read your review about your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for giving us another chance. We are very glad your pool view accommodations left you rested and relaxed, the feelings you wished for. This is always our goal and we hope you will return to let Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six work its charm again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I frequently travel internationally and stay at many Hyatt's. What a disappointment!

I was looking forward to staying at a 4-5 star hotel - was I ever disappointed! The hotel is VERY OUTDATED. From the lobby to the elevator to the room itself, everything feels like a coat of paint has been poorly applied over damaged walls, doors, etc. As I write this I am looking at the balcony (rm 362) and the railing is covered with cracked and peeling paint, the bathroom is lacking a hair dryer (it is now more than 3 hours since we requested a replacement), the room's ceiling is the old out-dated popcorn-type paint, the walls have obvious damage painted over and most channels on the the TV are either 'fuzzy' or show satellite disruption. The only thing I would recommend is Pelican Landing restaurant (approx. 10 minute walk).

Won't stay again

2  Thank philip s

We regret to read you are disappointed with your stay. We have recently updated the furniture in most of our rooms and have bigger and smaller projects in the plans. We understand our landmark hotel with over 50 years of history needs updates to keep up with the changing surroundings. We hope you visit us again so we can show you a better stay.