I got what I believe was a good deal on Priceline for this hotel. I had already read other reviews that said with Priceline they put you in the 2 story bldg not the tower but I asked to be put in the tower anyway. They quickly reminded me that I used Priceline and that Priceline selected that bldg. What?? No. The Hyatt clearly has made a choice that those that do not book directly through them will be staying in the 2 story bldg.
That being said, I was very close to the pool and I loved my room! I had a huge King room all to myself! It was a little bit of a walk but that didn't bother me, who doesn't need the exercise?!
The room does need a little updating or maybe just a little TLC. They had patched the wall but they left it that way, no paint. The bed was very comfortable. I loved the shutter doors opening up to the balcony that I loved sitting on. There is a partial wall on the balcony but you can still crossover to the other balcony if you wanted to. Twice I had to go back into my room because the people next door came out to the balcony to smoke. Not cool.
The pool area was very nice and I thoroughly enjoyed laying in the sun, reading, and of course taking a dip in the pool when I got hot!
I would definitely stay here again and we are considering staying here when we cruise in August. I just think they need to give the same attention to the 2 story as I have heard the tower has rec'd.
I cannot speak to the food as I did not eat on property. I did walk to the Boatyard Bimini just over the bridge. There are some restaurants and fast food fairly close to the hotel as well.
Most everyone at the front desk were very nice. Valet parking was $25 and Self parking was $21. The beach was just a couple of miles away and very enjoyable.
If I could have given 3 1/2 stars I would have. I think 3 (Average) is not enough, and 4 (Very Good) is too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, a South Florida landmark resort in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, is a 22-acre tropical retreat featuring a world-class marina; Spa 66, the signature health and beauty spa; and a full-service Aquatic Center. A refreshed classic, the resort boasts a new contemporary lounge and function space, along with 384 spacious guestrooms and suites, a spectacular three-pool oasis, and five dining outlets offering everything from incredible waterfront views to innovative, fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-6
- Hyatt Regency Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale