“Enjoyable Stay but....”

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
Ranked #43 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I got what I believe was a good deal on Priceline for this hotel. I had already read other reviews that said with Priceline they put you in the 2 story bldg not the tower but I asked to be put in the tower anyway. They quickly reminded me that I used Priceline and that Priceline selected that bldg. What?? No. The Hyatt clearly has made a choice that those that do not book directly through them will be staying in the 2 story bldg.

That being said, I was very close to the pool and I loved my room! I had a huge King room all to myself! It was a little bit of a walk but that didn't bother me, who doesn't need the exercise?!

The room does need a little updating or maybe just a little TLC. They had patched the wall but they left it that way, no paint. The bed was very comfortable. I loved the shutter doors opening up to the balcony that I loved sitting on. There is a partial wall on the balcony but you can still crossover to the other balcony if you wanted to. Twice I had to go back into my room because the people next door came out to the balcony to smoke. Not cool.

The pool area was very nice and I thoroughly enjoyed laying in the sun, reading, and of course taking a dip in the pool when I got hot!

I would definitely stay here again and we are considering staying here when we cruise in August. I just think they need to give the same attention to the 2 story as I have heard the tower has rec'd.

I cannot speak to the food as I did not eat on property. I did walk to the Boatyard Bimini just over the bridge. There are some restaurants and fast food fairly close to the hotel as well.

Most everyone at the front desk were very nice. Valet parking was $25 and Self parking was $21. The beach was just a couple of miles away and very enjoyable.

If I could have given 3 1/2 stars I would have. I think 3 (Average) is not enough, and 4 (Very Good) is too much.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MimiJoy2
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. We are committed to consistently providing genuine care and a positively unique experience to each guest who passes through our doors regardless on how their accommodations were booked so please accept our most sincere apologies for the service at check in. We are thriled to hear that you were eventually pleased with your spacious accommodations and its vicinity to the pool area and you enjoyed the rest of the visit. We look forward to your return for another relaxing stay!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We reserved a High Tower King room. Upon check in we were told that room was not available. We were placed on the 3rd floor in a room with 2 double beds. When my husband and I stay in a hotel its a treat. I reserved this room for a king sized bed and the marble tub. We didn't get either. The view from the room was horrible and we didn't feel safe- it was next to the rooftop. Someone could have easily climbed over the balcony railing and broken into our room. My reservation also requested a "quiet room" - there was lots of yelling from other guests in the hallway. The TV service was minimal analog stations only (we received only a few channels). And the price we paid didn't include any kind of breakfast. $20 for continental breakfast of cereal and fruit? Ridiculous. This was not a great way to start our well deserved vacation.

I was not satisfied at all. In addition to my previous comments -the beds were incredibly uncomfortable. No fans or water cups in the fitness room either. And the walk outdoors at 5 am to get to the fitness room was incredibly dark. No lights.

3  Thank MrsMurphy0915

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback about your recent stay. It seems we did not deliver on our promises and as a result you and your husband were disappointed with your visit. We hope we can welcome you back and show you our true hospitality and create a visit memorable for all the right reasons. Please contact us directly for any assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Rooms around the pool are a bit dated but the grounds and pool are beautiful. Staff were excellent as were the restaurants for dinner and breakfast. Location is a bit further from the beach than we expected but can be walked. Trolley and bus run right outside as well. Water taxi stop was out of service while we were there but there's another stop just over the bridge. A few shops and places to eat a 10 minute walk away. Only real complaint was having an adjoining room so could hear next door through the locked door. Saturday was very noisy with kids on our corridor as well. Enjoyed our week overall and would return.

1  Thank ntraveller82

Thank you for choosing our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six for your week long stay in Fort Lauderdale. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your visit, particulary the tropical pool area and that you found our location convenient. Water Taxi will resume its service mid October once the marina renovations are completed. We are always pleased to hear out team provided exceptional service (thank you for the compliment!) and are thrilled you are planning on returning. Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Sixty is looking forward to your future visits!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Some things need improvement. First time at this hotel and we chose to stay here before a cruise because of their snooze & cruise package and free beach shuttle (just a few minutes away). We were able to get an early check-in, so that was a BIG PLUS. This is a large property with a tower building and a two-story building. We stayed in the 2-story building with a view of the pool areas. We had a long walk to our room. I would suggest getting your vended items and snacks prior to heading to your room. The only place to get them is in the lobby area gift shop. Our room was okay. TV had a reception problem, maintenance came and fixed quickly. Room was clean, but carpeting was torn at the entrance. Very nice pool area with a towel hut & ice water, but they need to replace some of their loungers. Some were not in good shape and I was surprised at this since it is a Hyatt. The pool bar is okay with a pleasant staff but the food is overpriced and just fair. The beverages were good. We opted to go to the beach and take the free shuttle. SUGGESTION: TAKE THE TROLLEY FOR A $1 EACH WAY-THE PICK-UP SPOT IS JUST YARDS FROM THE HOTEL. Since the shuttle is free, the valets didn't hurry to find the driver. Finally after 15 minutes I think someone went and woke him up because we saw his van sitting there the whole time. We arrived at the pick-up location 15 minutes before the final shuttle back and waited 45 MINUTES before a driver came. When we got back to the hotel we spoke to the manager about this poor service. We requested a complimentary cocktail and he obliged. Check out was fast and we didn't have to wait for our shuttle to the port. There are no restaurants (other than the Hyatts $$$) close by so now that we know about the trolley service, we would probably try a different hotel next time.

Room Tip: The pool view was nice. Very pretty at night. I think the 2-story building rooms are less expensive.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel. We were happy to hear our team was able to check you in early. We appreciate your balanced feedback and we will share it with the rest of the team so we can make improvements where needed. We hope you benefited from the cruise and snooze package and that you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for a couple of day as a stopover break. Arrived early hours of the morning and not only was the desk manned with receptionist with smiles on their faces they could not have been more helpful. The room I had was on the ground floor with french doors leading to a small paced area. The only thing I didn't really like was that as a female travelling alone was the gate leading to the car park and marina opposite - so maybe if you are alone ask for a room on the other floors. I believe the rooms in the pier are very good for the views.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to the cruise terminal but is a little way from the main beach area althoug...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for choosing our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six during your December stop in Fort Lauderdale and for sharing with us your experience. We are pleased to hear our team made you feel welcome and you had an enjoyable stay. We are always more than happy to accommodate any room location request based on availability. We are glad you liked the beach trolley. We also offer complimentary beach shuttle at the hotel. We hope you think of Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six next time you happen to be in Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We opted for the "Park and Cruise" package as the going rate to park around the Port is rather pricey, so this way we were sure we'd have a spot, we didn't have to rush trying to drive the 4 hours from our home the morning of our Cruise, and we'd be quick to get back to our vehicle afterward.

Our room was ok, things are dated, but having once lived in the Ft Lauderdale area, I think a lot of places are so it really wasn't a surprise. Check in was smooth and quick, and we 'hiked' to our room to freshen up before meeting our friends for drinks at the pool bar.

**Please note - parking spaces at this hotel are very small...VERY small..EXTREMELY small. There was a large wedding the night we arrived, and parking was a nightmare. We have a Kia Soul, I had to get out of the car so my husband could pull in to the parking spot, where he then had to climb out the passenger door. If you have a large vehicle, or a Bentley, forget it...you wouldn't want anyone parking this close to you.

The bed was comfortable, breakfast was included in our package, although when we were given our envelope, we weren't given the "Coupons" for our Continental Breakfast - so the cashier charged our room, then stated we'd have to go up and get the credit from the front desk. (After calling the front desk to verify that breakfast was included in our room rate/reservation) - Leaving to go catch the cruise ship, there was a large line at the Front Desk, and it wasn't worth standing there for $10.

**Also note - This Hotel provides you a shuttle TO the Cruise Ship, but you're on your own getting back to pick up your car that you have parked in their lot** It was $8.50 for the cab ride back to the parking lot (no where near our vehicle when we were dropped off) and the cab driver didn't have change for a $20....we waited for another cab to break a $20, and handed our driver $10 for the 4 minute cab ride.

Would I stay here again? Yea, probably.....but I wouldn't leave our car. The parking issue was really the only thing that soured me...If they'd take out maybe 1 parking space per row of cars, it might not be quite as tight. Oh...and when you pull up to the hotel, the Valet people are real friendly...until you tell them you've already paid for the Park and Cruise, then their attitude changes quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower, or be prepared for a "hike" to your room from the parking lot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NO2Diver

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. We hope you enjoyed your cruise! We are glad you were pleased with your overall experience at the hotel and consider returning. There are areas where we still need to improve and we also appreciate your comments on the package details, which we will pass on to other departments. We apologize you were not able to contact the front desk regarding breakfast at check out and would be more than happy to credit your account. At your convenience, please contact us at iwona.reveliotis@hyatt.com. We look forward to your return in the future for a perfect stay!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six is located in a perfect location. This retro 60's hotel has recently been remodeled with an art deco modern feel. The tower has been completely renovated, however; the waterside lodges are somewhat dated and I believe are scheduled for a updating. The hotel staff was some what disengaged. I did email management staff regarding my concerns and they were receptive of my suggestions. The morning breakfast was delicious. The hostess was very fun loving and excelled delivering customer service. I would recommend Pier Sixty-Six for any Fort Lauderdale stay. Location, location, location, especially if you are going on a cruise or want to visit the beach!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travis C

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. We definitely listen to our guests' comments to ensure we do our best to increase comfort and overall satisfaction. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your recommendation to fellow travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pier 66 soon!