“Great Famikly Hotel”

Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Miami, Florida
“Great Famikly Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed there Fathers Day weekend. I loved the property. So much to do and you dont have to leave the hotel. There is not one person that could say they get bored because there is so much to do. The Hotel lobby is disappointing. You can even call that a lobby its more like a hallway. But the rest of the hotel does make up for it. The food at the restuarant next to the pool is awesome. Claudia was a great hostess very attentive. I did have a small issue with the front desk because I had a 200.00 gift card and they would not take it from the beginning. They made me charge it all to my cc and i think they should of applied the gift card then charged me the difference and incidentals.

Room Tip: The pool side rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank michellesG5269WH
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for staying at our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six over the Father's Day weekend. It is wonderful to hear your found your accommodations spacious and comfortable and that hotel activities made the stay fun and exciting. We apologize for any inconvenience at the front desk. Some gift cards can be applied right at check in and some only after actual charges are incurred during the stay. We will make sure to forward your comments to the front office manager so she can review them with her team. Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and hope you visit the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,193)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a fantastic hotel. Service was excellent and staff are wonderful. They have great links with local attractions and services that the concierge made for us. Thanks Dave:) Food was top class and exactly what us weary travellers needed. Dave and Clare, Ireland

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great review about your visit to our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. We are thrilled our hotel offered everything you were looking for and more and our friendly and professional staff provided the service to match. We will pass on the kudos to Dave! We hope you will come back for another fantastic Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six experience.
Bloomingdale, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

What little this hotel lacks is more than made up with in service. Great view, location and things to do for family. 3 pools, outdoor cafe, outdoor ping pong, mini soccer, life size chess board, croquet and bags all available all the time. You can spend all day outside having fun. Evan at the front desk amazing customer service! Caroline in the cafe was awesome! This hotel is fantastic!!

• Stayed June 2014
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six and for sharing your review. Our top priority is service to our guests and we appreciate and will share your wonderful compliments about our team members. We are happy you enjoyed the views, location and that you had fun playing different games at our newly created Park 66 area. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six in the future!
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Arrived at this hotel on Saturday, June 14th for a Father's Day Weekend celebration for my husband. From the time we pulled our car onto the property until the day that we left we were attended to, pampered and made to feel beyond special. Every employee of this hotel that we encountered could not have been more courteous and helpful. I forgot the charger for my personal cell phone and one of the security personal came up with one for me to use during our stay. That in itself was very nice however at checkout when I returned the charger to the front desk I was informed that it wasn't from a lost/found box as I had thought but was in fact the security persons personal charger. Wow! We stayed in a tower room on the 11th floor and had a great view of the intercostal waterway as well as the many canals behind some beyond beautiful homes. Oh, not to mention the ocean and the cruise ships that left on Sunday, viewed from our very large balcony. Already planning another stay at this location. Food was even wonderful and fresh at the onsite restaurants. The only downside was a guest paying for only one breakfast buffet and leaving with 5 takeout boxes loaded with food. Management may want to consider a no take out policy with the breakfast buffet. Shame on that guest whom I sure fed many people while other honest people paid for what they did eat.

Room Tip: Choose a tower room, great balconies and room size.
2 Thank Floridabaybee
What a joy to see "Terrific" in the subject line! Thank you for choosing our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six for your Father's Day weekend celebration. We are pleased you and your husband enjoyed every moment of your visit and that our staff went out of its way to make you feel welcome. We will pass on the kudos to all, in particular security! We cannot wait to welcome you back for another memorable stay at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six!
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I got what I believe was a good deal on Priceline for this hotel. I had already read other reviews that said with Priceline they put you in the 2 story bldg not the tower but I asked to be put in the tower anyway. They quickly reminded me that I used Priceline and that Priceline selected that bldg. What?? No. The Hyatt clearly has made a choice that those that do not book directly through them will be staying in the 2 story bldg.

That being said, I was very close to the pool and I loved my room! I had a huge King room all to myself! It was a little bit of a walk but that didn't bother me, who doesn't need the exercise?!

The room does need a little updating or maybe just a little TLC. They had patched the wall but they left it that way, no paint. The bed was very comfortable. I loved the shutter doors opening up to the balcony that I loved sitting on. There is a partial wall on the balcony but you can still crossover to the other balcony if you wanted to. Twice I had to go back into my room because the people next door came out to the balcony to smoke. Not cool.

The pool area was very nice and I thoroughly enjoyed laying in the sun, reading, and of course taking a dip in the pool when I got hot!

I would definitely stay here again and we are considering staying here when we cruise in August. I just think they need to give the same attention to the 2 story as I have heard the tower has rec'd.

I cannot speak to the food as I did not eat on property. I did walk to the Boatyard Bimini just over the bridge. There are some restaurants and fast food fairly close to the hotel as well.

Most everyone at the front desk were very nice. Valet parking was $25 and Self parking was $21. The beach was just a couple of miles away and very enjoyable.

If I could have given 3 1/2 stars I would have. I think 3 (Average) is not enough, and 4 (Very Good) is too much.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MimiJoy2
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. We are committed to consistently providing genuine care and a positively unique experience to each guest who passes through our doors regardless on how their accommodations were booked so please accept our most sincere apologies for the service at check in. We are thriled to hear that you were eventually pleased with your spacious accommodations and its vicinity to the pool area and you enjoyed the rest of the visit. We look forward to your return for another relaxing stay!
Key West, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We reserved a High Tower King room. Upon check in we were told that room was not available. We were placed on the 3rd floor in a room with 2 double beds. When my husband and I stay in a hotel its a treat. I reserved this room for a king sized bed and the marble tub. We didn't get either. The view from the room was horrible and we didn't feel safe- it was next to the rooftop. Someone could have easily climbed over the balcony railing and broken into our room. My reservation also requested a "quiet room" - there was lots of yelling from other guests in the hallway. The TV service was minimal analog stations only (we received only a few channels). And the price we paid didn't include any kind of breakfast. $20 for continental breakfast of cereal and fruit? Ridiculous. This was not a great way to start our well deserved vacation.

I was not satisfied at all. In addition to my previous comments -the beds were incredibly uncomfortable. No fans or water cups in the fitness room either. And the walk outdoors at 5 am to get to the fitness room was incredibly dark. No lights.

3 Thank MrsMurphy0915
Thank you for sharing with us your feedback about your recent stay. It seems we did not deliver on our promises and as a result you and your husband were disappointed with your visit. We hope we can welcome you back and show you our true hospitality and create a visit memorable for all the right reasons. Please contact us directly for any assistance with future reservations.
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Rooms around the pool are a bit dated but the grounds and pool are beautiful. Staff were excellent as were the restaurants for dinner and breakfast. Location is a bit further from the beach than we expected but can be walked. Trolley and bus run right outside as well. Water taxi stop was out of service while we were there but there's another stop just over the bridge. A few shops and places to eat a 10 minute walk away. Only real complaint was having an adjoining room so could hear next door through the locked door. Saturday was very noisy with kids on our corridor as well. Enjoyed our week overall and would return.

1 Thank ntraveller82
Thank you for choosing our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six for your week long stay in Fort Lauderdale. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your visit, particulary the tropical pool area and that you found our location convenient. Water Taxi will resume its service mid October once the marina renovations are completed. We are always pleased to hear out team provided exceptional service (thank you for the compliment!) and are thrilled you are planning on returning. Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Sixty is looking forward to your future visits!