“UNHAPPY HYATT REGENCY REVIEW”

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Mold in Bathroom, High prices for food, need a MAJOR MAKE OVER. Found 2 roaches in the room. Lot of fat Geckos which mean they been eatin good. Bellmen were extremely professional and helpful. I am a former Hyatt Regency employee many years ago. It was a shame to see that Hyatt has allowed this hotel to become a substandard hotel.

Room Tip: DONT STAY THERE unless you like substandard hotels which are suppose to be a 4-5 star rated facility
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank navymp95022016
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your experience in our hotel. We appreciate your honest comments. We will be sure to pass them on to all departments so that we may work to improve on the issues you experienced. We are pleased to note we are in the middle of improving the standards of all guest rooms and public areas. As a former Hyatt Regency employee you know we are committed to the best service to our guest and take every comment as a learning opportunity. We appreciate your compliments about our bellstaff and hope you will give us another chance in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Nice place that is older than most, however the age will not affect your experience. We had a great tower room with a wonderful view. Very clean, comfortable and modern on the inside. Staff was extremely friendly, as expected with all Hyatt’s. Bar/restaurant was excellent and accommodating. If you wanted something that was not on the menu, they could still make it for you. All of the food was exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TikiTex
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

We are thrilled to hear about your excellent experience at our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, from accommodations, food and drinks to caring and friendly staff. We truly appreciate your great review and hope it will not be long before you decide to visit us again to create another perfect Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six memory.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at this Hyatt. Despite looking somewhat dated from outside, the entire complex and room were up to date and up to luxury standards. The rotating top of tower provided an excellent location to see more than 20 locations for fireworks to celebrate Independence Day - particularly close by (and very crowded at ground level) Fort Lauderdale fireworks. The courtyard with pool, volleyball, large chess board (with pieces), and hammocks gave this property a unique character that I usually do not encounter at business hotels like Hyatt. My only minor complaint was with bathroom in our room (2077) that had rusted drain, no fan, and a dangerous looking piece of aluminum sticking out of the wall. I would gladly stay again at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six to celebrate the 4th of July weekend and for sharing with us your experience. We loved watching the fireworks from the Pier Top too! We are pleased you found your accommodations up to date and comfortable. We are sorry for the bathroom issue and will pass on your comment to our engineering team to correct. We look forward to welcoming you to Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six next time your travels bring you to Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I would like to share my very negative experience with Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel. I stayed there with my family 9-11JUN2014. Our booking was made already several month ago with full prepayment. Still hotel saved my credit card details during check in, as guarantee. During check our I asked, if this amount will be released now? "Yes, it will be released ASAP", I was confirmed. So it was very big surprise for me, if I got my credit card statement at the end of June and I saw, that this money was still taken from my account! But now starts the interesting part: I have contacted Hyatt Regency customer service center now 4 times via their web page, leaving all my contact details (e-mail, phone no etc.), waiting for their clarification. And I have got from them 0 answer so far. I would say that for this brand and appreciated hotel chain this is pretty lame and disrespectful attitude. Not mentioning, that contacting directly hotel is made as difficult as possible-there is provided only 1 phone number. Calling from Europe it is costly and because the time difference also tricky- I have tried now 3-4 times and only once I managed to get through to some reception clerk who picked up the phone and put me on hold for 7-8 minutes, promising to find some competent person, and most likely forgot afterwards to mention, that there was no one available. I´m not quite sure how I´m going to proceed with this, in order to get my 350EUR back, but first of all, just wanted to warn all of you, to be extremely careful sharing your credit card details just and allowing to credit double amount for your stay with actually no reason what so ever.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Christina966

Thank you for sharing your feedback and our deepest apologies for your experience at check out and the lack of follow up. Like many other full service hotels, we require a credit card at check in to cover room and tax (unless prepaid) and possible incidental charges. Guest credit card is authorized $75.00 per day to allow room charges and the authorization is released at check out. However, it might take up to five business days for the bank that issued the credit card to process the release. If you still see charges on your credit card other than the ones you actually incurred, please contact us at iwona.reveliotis@hyatt.com and we will resolve it immediately. Once again, our apologies for your experience and inconvenience.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise from Fort Lauderdale. A long walk to our room, but room was nice. There were several beautiful private yachts in the causeway just outside our balcony and we enjoyed the view.. We had a drink in the bar, seemed rather pricey. Breakfast was included and it was good. The hotel is very close to where our cruise ship was docked. They offered a shuttle to the ship for a fee and we used that rather than private taxi. Next time, we would use a private taxi as it took a long time for shuttle to drop passengers at each of the three ships in port.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzmca

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations, particularly the view of private yachts right outside your balcony and that our location fit your needs perfectly. We hope you enjoyed the cruise as well and look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We just stayed one night but we'd stay there again any day. We checked in late so had to hurry to get some food but the young man behind the bar was incredibly helpful and caring. But everyone we came into contact with was great too.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that looked out onto the marina.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

How wonderful to read "Great hotel. Great people" headline! Thank you for your review and for choosing our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six for your overnight stay. We are glad to hear our team was friendly and helpful and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Pier 66 for a longer stay in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I could go on and on about how terrible my experience was at this hotel because it was THAT bad. I stayed at this hotel as part of an event during the Fitness Universe Tour weekend and was treated very poorly from the moment I arrived by the staff. First off, the incidentals were by far the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of! $75 per night on top of the room rate and taxes AND they wanted the money all upfront upon my arrival. There was no email or correspondence sent to me verifying this charge and I had no way to prepare to come off that type of money without first knowing beforehand. Then after that fiasco, we finally got to our room which was a complete mess! It was not cleaned properly from the other guest and to top it all off there were spiders, centipedes and other ground bugs crawling the floors throughout the room. I called the front desk and she kept me on "hold" (I mean HUNG UP on me) for like 15 minutes. So when I called back she had a security guard bring me another key for another TERRIBLE room and didn't even express sympathy. Both rooms had tile throughout instead of carpet like I requested AND the second room had an AC leak and made a huge puddle of water in the hall area. She told me there was nothing she could do but bring me towels and napkins for the puddle and could not accommodate me and move me to another room. She also lied and said that there were no rooms with carpet in the Marina where we were staying. As I was making the decision to leave the next day and find something else, we spoke to a much nicer day manager and she was extremely taken back at the service we received from the night manager and gave us a new Marina room WITH carpet (surprise!) and gave us breakfast and drink vouchers. Everything was running smoothly until billing. They charged the wrong card way too many times, they put wrong charges from other rooms on our bill, and they were not accommodating and nasty once again. I would not stay here ever again! It was the worst experience of my first visit to Fort Lauderdale that I ever had!!

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank britney d
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for staying in our hotel during the Fitness Universe event. We apologize you had a less than favorable experience. Please note that we will be sure to pass along your feedback so that we may work to improve upon the issues you experienced. Again, our apologies for not providing you with a stay you expected and deserved and we hope that in the future, we may earn your trust again. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us at iwona.reveliotis@hyatt.com. Thank you.