Upon entering my room, I was overwhelmed with a most unpleasant smell. I couldn't tell if it was from water, smoking or some sort of deodorant to cover up one of the other smells I just mentioned. I went into the bathroom and it smelled like someone just put out a candle (sulfery smell). I got dinner room service and b-fast room service. The service was on time. The dinner was a 3/5 and the breakfast was 1/5. I couldn't eat the bacon or "potatoes". I put it in quotes because they didn't even taste (or texture) like potatoes. The vanilla latte was horrible too. The alarm went off at 3am (obviously for the poor sap that was in the room before me and had a 6 am flight. Why did I give this room 2 stars, instead of 1? One reason (and a big one). The wifi was excellent. Fast and reliable. Let me also mention that this was my second stay here. The last one was some time ago and it, too, was bad. At least they are consistent. I really was tempted on not staying here again but all of my meetings were in Ft. Lauderdale and I am a Diamond Member at Hyatt. Let me make 3 suggestions:
If you are loyal to Hyatt, go stay at the Hyatt Coral Gables. Fantastic property.
If you are not loyal to Hyatt, you have a good choice of other properties. Choose one.
If you like movies, either go to Cinema Paridiso (great little cinema) or watch a movie in the room (if you go to movies, then exit out, they offer you a $5 discount, making them not a bad deal).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, a South Florida landmark resort in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, is a 22-acre tropical retreat featuring a world-class marina; Spa 66, the signature health and beauty spa; and a full-service Aquatic Center. A refreshed classic, the resort boasts a new contemporary lounge and function space, along with 384 spacious guestrooms and suites, a spectacular three-pool oasis, and five dining outlets offering everything from incredible waterfront views to innovative, fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-6
- Hyatt Regency Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale