“Nice hotel with exceptional service”

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Seattle, Washington
“Nice hotel with exceptional service”
Reviewed 1 May 2009

I stayed at the Pier 66 for 2 nights prior to a cruise. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience. The service from the bellman and the concierge was out of this world. Everytime they saw me they greeted me by name and the bellman gave me rides in this golfcart from my room to the lobby (which can be a bit of a walk!)

The grounds are beautiful and the pool area is wonderful, I had no complaints about the room..it was a typical hotel room but very clean and well kept. Close to the beach (they offer a free shuttle) and the local trolley also stops right outside the hotel. There is a shopping center a few blocks away for those last minute items and the trolley will take you directly there.

The breakfast was unremarkable and a little pricey but no more so than any hotel. I ate at Pelican Landing for dinner and was well pleased with the food, service and the views.

Very convenient for the airport, the cruise terminal and the water taxi. I would definitely stay here again if I cruise out of Fort Lauderdale again. The level of service far outweighs any small complaints you may have...I had none!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank luvsmacca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,229)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2009

My mom and I stayed in a lanai room for one night before our cruise. Although the reception area and grounds are well maintained, they offer a false impression in terms of the actual hotel rooms. When my mom and I entered the room, there was a used towel lying on the floor in the bathroom as well as several dead bugs and spider webs on the inside door frame. Paint was chipped (very obvious, not subtle), the kleenex cover and light cover in the bathroom were broken yet were still being used, and the sink was cracked. I know these things are little, however, when I pay the price for a 3-4 star hotel, I expect the room to be pristine and well-maintained. All flaws in this room could have been easily attended to, however, they weren't, which worries me. In fact, my mom and I expressed our concerns, requesting a different room, and nothing was done to remedy our situation. Even the small gesture of sending housekeeping to our room to remove the used towel and to apologize would have been helpful. I will say that the beds and linens were very comfortable, and we both managed to have a very good sleep. I would not stay here again. Not worth it for the price and lack of exceptional service and quality of rooms.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank luv2travel51254
Austin, TX
Reviewed 25 April 2009

We chose this hotel because of the Hyatt name and the location in respect to the beach. We were amazed at the level of service that was provided at this hotel. Great property, great staff.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sritter
Marco Island
Reviewed 24 April 2009

From the moment we entered the lobby we knew that once again the Hyatt would not disappoint us! The staff, service, room appointments, location and view and food were all excellent. We will be back often as the price was also very reasonable. Thank you one and all!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori L
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2009

It is amazing that this place is permitted to use the Hyatt brand. There have been some superficial efforts made to improve this property, such as the nicely remodeled lobby, new comfortable beds, and big flat-screen TVs. But the condition and cleanliness of the rooms are ghastly. Specifically,

- Except for the noted improvements, the rooms look like they have not been remodeled or even adequately maintained for many years.
- The bathroom fixtures, including the toilet seat, are stained and apparently can no longer be cleaned.
- The carpet is stained.
- The furniture is badly worn and scratched.

Worst of all, the carpet was infested with small red worms -- alive and wiggling (except for those that got stepped on). Disgusting! Who knows what else was living down there?

The reception staff admitted that they have problems with worms, but did nothing to compensate for or to recover from the problem , and met an entirely reasonable request to check out early by trying (unsuccessfully) to charge for the second night that had been reserved.

The only good thing to say about this place is that the setup and service for the meeting room were good, although a little pricey.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank NKC
Marin County
Reviewed 2 April 2009

Hyatt is known for their great service - I stay with Hyatt as much as possible for personal and business travel. I have to say that from the moment we checked in to the time we checked out everyone - I mean literally everyone - at this property was fantastic. Service was incredible and the food was just as good.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank love2travtheworld
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed 1 April 2009

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while in town for my niece's wedding. The staff greets you as you walk in, the front desk staff are always smiling and act like they're happy to see you (even if they aren't). Every time I called the front desk they answered using my name, and fulfilled all my requests immediately. When checking in, I asked the front desk guy if he could please change my room so I could be on the same floor as other family members who already checked in, and the next day asked him to hold an extra key in case my sister arrived while I was at the beach and needed to get in the room. All staff members I encountered were just so friendly and accommodating, like they were actually happy to have me as a guest.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family