“VIP treatment for absolutely everything - we felt like princesses!”

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
san antonio
“VIP treatment for absolutely everything - we felt like princesses!”
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Four girlfriends spent one night at the Hyatt. The concierge, d'Leo, arranged a water taxi , a lift in the golf cart to the taxi station on the pier, and a VIP table at Charley's Crab house - we got the best table, personalized menus and a free dessert - and fabulous food. Luis Navarro upgraded the room to a beautiful suite. Everyone was so helpful and pleasant - a marvellous stay all round. Many thanks to all!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,214)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Even though this was a business trip, it was SO nice to know that every need would be met during my hotel stay. The staff was MORE than courteous and Lewis (Manager) could not have been more accomodating. Wake up calls were always on-time, maid service was just great, most comfortable beds EVER, and the view from my room was SPECTACULAR! The hotel itself is just beautiful and I LOVED the gift shop! It was really nice to just sit out by the pool after a long day of work - very comfy lounge chairs and just beautiful there. Cannot wait to go back next year!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Ft Lauderdale
Reviewed 11 May 2009

First of all, this place is pretty on the outside, and the rooms are designed very thoughtfully in a modern decor, but that's where it ends!

The mini-fridge... Well that's what it looks like anyway, but it's not cold. It's this thing called The Ice Box, that has electricity for reasons unknown at this time, but after calling the front desk I am told I have to put ice in it to keep things cold-- HUH?? Aren't those things called coolers? I wish I had brought mine from home! Anyway, I can't for the life of me figure out where the ice is supposed to go, seeing that it opens like a small refrigerator, so any ice that I do put in there is sure to melt and get all over the floor.

The view... I was asked whether I wanted a pool view or canal view... I chose the canal view, and after getting to my room to see the view, I am stuck with a view of million dollar yachts and a sliver of water, they should have called it the yacht view.

No microwave oven, I guess that is one way to force you to order room service.

Internet… On the website, they list high speed internet as an amenity, but charge you $9.99 a day for it. For the money I am paying to stay here you'd think that would be a freebie.

Luckily the company I work for is paying the bill, but for what they are paying, I really expected more! Two stars for cleanliness!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Hannover
Reviewed 7 May 2009

We had 2 rooms for a short family trip. Because we arrived on separate days, we didn't necessarily have rooms together. When we requested that, the team tried to make it possible. Because the room in which they set aside for us had a late check out, we had to wait. Unfortunately, that turned into longer than a few hours. So, we asked to just get into any room to freshen up and they upgraded us to the tower with breakfast comps.

The entire stay, we noticed everyone on the property was extremely friendly and kind. All went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. From the front desk requests, to ALL the servers (pool, restaurant, bar), to the maids, everyone acted happy to see you.

The pool and fitness center were great, as was the breakfast!

The only cons: paying for parking every day (IMO this should be included) and the internet in the business center was slow and very expensive.

Since we travel around the world, we experience a large variety in hotels - and I would definitely recommend this to friends, and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Sopranobradley
Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2009

We dined in every one of the restaurants during our recent stay at the Hyatt....there were four of us and we have all traveled extensively. To a person we were blown away by the quality of the restaurants....from the poolside restaurant to the exquisite Grille 66 and Bar. The menu selections, the quality of the selections and the presentation were outstanding. We found the service friendly. The rooms were clean, the beds and linens comfortable. The pool complex with many cabana's scattered about was welcoming. But it was the dining and the friendly service that left us wanting more.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 May 2009

I stayed at the Pier 66 for 2 nights prior to a cruise. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience. The service from the bellman and the concierge was out of this world. Everytime they saw me they greeted me by name and the bellman gave me rides in this golfcart from my room to the lobby (which can be a bit of a walk!)

The grounds are beautiful and the pool area is wonderful, I had no complaints about the room..it was a typical hotel room but very clean and well kept. Close to the beach (they offer a free shuttle) and the local trolley also stops right outside the hotel. There is a shopping center a few blocks away for those last minute items and the trolley will take you directly there.

The breakfast was unremarkable and a little pricey but no more so than any hotel. I ate at Pelican Landing for dinner and was well pleased with the food, service and the views.

Very convenient for the airport, the cruise terminal and the water taxi. I would definitely stay here again if I cruise out of Fort Lauderdale again. The level of service far outweighs any small complaints you may have...I had none!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank luvsmacca
Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2009

My mom and I stayed in a lanai room for one night before our cruise. Although the reception area and grounds are well maintained, they offer a false impression in terms of the actual hotel rooms. When my mom and I entered the room, there was a used towel lying on the floor in the bathroom as well as several dead bugs and spider webs on the inside door frame. Paint was chipped (very obvious, not subtle), the kleenex cover and light cover in the bathroom were broken yet were still being used, and the sink was cracked. I know these things are little, however, when I pay the price for a 3-4 star hotel, I expect the room to be pristine and well-maintained. All flaws in this room could have been easily attended to, however, they weren't, which worries me. In fact, my mom and I expressed our concerns, requesting a different room, and nothing was done to remedy our situation. Even the small gesture of sending housekeeping to our room to remove the used towel and to apologize would have been helpful. I will say that the beds and linens were very comfortable, and we both managed to have a very good sleep. I would not stay here again. Not worth it for the price and lack of exceptional service and quality of rooms.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends