“Home away from Home!”

Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
“Home away from Home!”
Reviewed 30 July 2009

What a refreshing, friendly and efficient hotel property. I have been in the travel industry for over 30 years, and can not speak highly enough about this resort! I have been going to the Pier since 1985 and have seen nothing but improvements with pride! What a Classic property. Rooms are classic, and clean. Room service is AWESOME! The entire staff are ALL so kind and professional, and really care about your needs. Great Location, and lots of deals! Just Ask! They are always willing and able to help. Get this......the call me by my first name on each and every return...just ask Mary at the Pool Side Cabana! She really is on the ball.....All Super folks....Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank HillCoHappy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,220)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Kissimmee, FL
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My husband, 2 yr old son and I stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 on a Sunday - Tuesday visit. We were delighted to have a room on the first floor facing the pool in the lanai rooms. The guestroom was very large so we didn't feel crammed in plus the porch was a nice addition. The bathroom was huge and well-lit. Some things needed a maintenance touch up but it was reported and did not affect our stay at all. The pools were beautiful.
The best thing though was the service from Luis and Mariana at the front desk to the pool captain and maintenance. Luis was a great first impression - giving us his name if we had any questions about the hotel or area. Very friendly and didn't balk at our son as he was about to climb on all the furniture. Marianna when we left was great too - we were concerned about the parking charge but she was very friendly in explaining the charge which may sometimes be difficult. The pool guy was accommodating and the pool maintanence gentleman was very sweet to my son.
Overall, would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank TiffaStar
MIA
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My husband and I stayed in the hotel for the weekend getaway in July 2009. Everything about this hotel looks much better on the website and in the pictures than it is in reality. To begin with it is about 60 degrees in the hotel and in the rooms - it is freezing cold! We had room in the Tower and had to keep the balcony door open at all times to make the room at least livable. As a result bathroom floor and mirrors were wet all the time during our stay bacuse of water condensate. Pool water is not heated enough to make it pleasant, you have to sign in with your room number, last name to get a towel(!!) and return towel with a ticket so you wouldn't get charged for stealing it. The person responsible for giving out towels takes his time doing whatever - peple have to stand and wait for him to come back. So called "pool ambassador" does not exist, you have to go and buy drinks at the bar, on Saturday pool bar closed around 4 PM, bar in the lobby and restarunt bath close at 11.00 PM. Pool cleaning is done around 9 AM on Sunday - cleaner actually shushed people to leave the pool. Chases in the pool cabanas are dirty. Breakfast tastes worse than McDonalds - all frozen food slightly heated up. It seems Hyatt did just enough to call this place a Hyatt hotel. guess what - that is not enough! Hotel is not run as a Hyatt resort, much closer to Days Inn. If it wasn't for the view - we would have been completely miserable. Views from the Tower are amazing, another good thing - valet guys were quick.
Will not stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank errgcxfgb
wilmington
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Recently I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 in Ft Lauderdale, fortunately I had the pleasure of meeting one Mr. Luis Navarro. I would like to take this time to commend Hyatt for hiring such a professional, personable and courteous individual. He made my stay incredible, which enabled me to have one of the most memorable weekends I can rememebr in my lifetime. He went above and beyond to insure my stay would be a remarkable and memorable one. I have to say he succeeded at both! In fact I had already checked out of the hotel and was visiting friends in West Broward. When I realized I would need to stay in Ft Lauderdale another night, I imeediately called Luis and boked another room. I couldnt see myself staying anywhere else after the treatment I received from Luis. I would like to close by saying that thanks to Luis and his incredible hospitality, Hyatt now has a liftime customer. Thanks again Luis you were truly appreciated.
J Casselli

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank JCWilmington
Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 July 2009

The property is located on the Intercoastal Waterway Views of Port Everglades, Ft Lauderdale and the ocean are dramatic.. The staff is cordial and well trained. The rooms in the tower are large and the bathrooms are luxuriously appointed. The decor in the public areas and the rooms has been recently redone and is crisp and contempory in execution.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank LosAngelesGoose
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Even when business takes me to other cities in Florida, I always try and stay at the Pier 66, or at least spend a few days. The staff keeps me coming back. From the valets who remember the funny car story from a year ago, to the front desk staff, bellmen and even the waitress at the pool, the staff has a great attitude and always makes everything right. I spend over 200 nights a year in hotels, and the same staff greets me every time I stay here. That shows me the hotel takes care of their staff.

The lanai rooms are large, with balconies that give it a tropical flair. They are clean and the housekeeping staff does an excellent job keeping the rooms very clean and stocked.

The rooms in the tower are a bit old, but very clean and the view of the water is wonderful at night!

Don't forget the pina colada's by the pool!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank LynnThor
boynton beach
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We were taken care of very good by ms.Sofiya Luchynska.
She answered all our questions.Very nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple