Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Sea Beach Plaza(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Bahia Beach Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Bahia Cabana Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
5,102 results
All reviewsthe hyatt regencypelican landingtower roomlanai roomspool arealobby barwater taxibreakfast buffetcruise portpre cruisegreat poollas olasteripropertynelsonmarinerft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I've just spent the last two months backpacking the United States, I've stayed everywhere from hostels, resorts to motels and big name hotels. The one place that stood out from all the rest was the Hyatt Regency Pier 66, the service was incredible right from when i pulled up in the cab to the moment of checkout. The rooms were spotless and the cleanest I've seen.
The restraunts were fantastic, there was also a great deal of chioce. Weather you were after formal dining or just a snack at the bar. Food was top notch.
My highlight would have to be the pool and happy hour at the pool bar. My experience was outstanding and I will be recommending the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Good 4-star, relaxing and nice.

Pros:
all good about it for a 4-star resort if you get a low price, except the following cons

Cons:
1. Not a beach hotel, beach is 15 minutes walk
2. Not much around it with less than 20 minutes walk
3. Not the best ocean view

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goodolympian
Reviewed 4 September 2009

At first I was disappointed to win this hotel. I didn't like the location as it wasn't walking distance to the beach and the exterior of the hotel is outdated. However, upon checkin, the desk clerk let me choose whether I wanted a tower room or a lanai room - both were very nice but I went with the lanai room because I needed to be able to work on Monday and it was quicker between the pool and the room. Plus it was much more plush. (I checked out and after missing my flight, checked back into a tower room, which was great for that day as well).

I can't say enough about the front desk staff. Brandon especially. As well as the female working with him who was a supervisor. They remembered my name throughout the stay. Great! Also, told me that if I needed to work during the day, if I sat at the pool in the area nearest the lanai rooms, that I'd be able to connect to the wi-fi. That was awesome.

The pool staff and servers were also great. They influenced my missed flight to come back.

One comment is that they don't really mention/emphasize the awesome Pelican Landing on the property as part of the resort. It is out in the marina but wonderful for sunsets. And great drinks as well. And from the marina, you can get unlimited rides on the water taxi each hour that goes to downtown and to the beaches. I didn't find out about it until Sunday night of my stay and only by accident.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2009

After checking out various Ft. Lauderdale hotels I luckily chose this one and am so pleased I did! I wanted to find a better hotel for my son and his wife to stay, in following their cruise, than the one the Ramada Resorts Pkg. deal I had offered them, which was a dump in the middle of nowhere. Though the Ramada Plaza hotel was supposedly included "for free" in their package "deal," I was willing to spend money to get them to a good hotel. I thought they might enjoy the location and view from the Hyatt Regency at Pier Sixty-Six. They certainly did! AND, they loved the luxury, the great views from their room, the shuttle to the beach, the marvelous swimming pools, and definitely the wonderful, friendly staff who went out of their way to be nice to them. My son and daughter-in-law have had a number of obstacles to overcome in life and are not sophisticated travelers, nor do they have much money or many opportunities for fun and travel - so this was a VERY special trip. I mentioned this in a note to the hotel staff when I booked this hotel online. They either heeded my note, or they are just naturally, routinely nice (which I suspect may be the case.) In any event, they made my "kids' " two days, two nights at the Hyatt Regency wonderful, and I'm really grateful! Happy mom

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 and are glad we did. I spent a couple months reviewing hotels and trying to decide which one to pick. I could have save about 20 bucks and stayed at a cheaper hotel but they all had bad reviews like, dirty, poor service and they were in the middle of town. The Hyatt is in a great location. Close to beaches, night life, dining, airport, and cruise ports. It was an awesome hotel. The service was great. Luis and Brandon at the front desk were very helpful, friendly, and a riot. Riccardo at the bar was the best bartender you could ask for. He kept us laughing (and drinking) all night. The hotel was clean and the pool was fantastic. Great view to. Definately recommend this one. We will be going back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple