“First time Fishers”

Fishing on the Monster
decatur
“First time Fishers”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My family and I paid for a three hour trip For $500.00 and caught Two fish which they said we could not eat. Take in mind we stated we want to fish for food. We caught Banito, I googled the fish WHEN WE RETURNED HOME and found out we could eat it. They lied to us because we di not known no any better. DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!

Visited February 2013

Southampton, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“How to get a KEEPER”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Since catching fish is the reason to book a Charter trip,a brief note of encouragement. Many people do not realize the cost to put a trophy on their wall. Although there is an opportunity you might be wise to consider the following;
Good practice to be ready for rough water:proper shoes,dramamine,gloves
Don't expect to rig up,catch and clean your fish.That is the Capt. and Mates job
Appropriate bait can be costly but necessary to catch a trophy
The trophy fish you want to mount can be released after measuring.
Bring credit card with you to order that trophy. A pricey non-refundable deposit
The preparation by the crew and hard work on the boat. Deserve a decent. TIP
TIGHT LINES and Good Luck

Visited February 2013
Highlandville, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“RIP OFF , TERRIBLE , GO TO MARATHON”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Our family of 6 chartered a 4 hour tour, because my 6 year old begged to go fishing!! THe day before we were on the docks in Marathon, and a charter boat was cleaning fish, and the 2 man crew was telling my boy about the fish and their trip that day and showing him bait and rods etc. , my boy was beaming when he told told them he was going on The Monster 2moro!! They told him thats great , and hope he has fun!! We didnt have anything to do with them, yet they took time with my boy!
The next day, Dec 30th, we went on the monster in super rouph waters, the guy was fishing I guess, before we even knew he was fishing!! He didnt include us, or my boy, just smoked his smokes and hung out, I felt like I was paying to go on a boat ride while their guy fished! My boy asked a few questions , and got short annoyed answers!! I was getn sea sick from the ride, and I am not exagerating, you had to hold on!!
I was told at time of booking how great fishing had been , and how great conditions are!! When we took off with the 2 man crew, I said how is fishing, they said hadnt had a bite in 3 weeks, I said I wish I had been told that!!
Long story short, no bites, never touched a pole, boat was very sorry, and had an engine down, and I asked to go in over an hour early!!
My eight year old said Sorry I wanted to go deep sea fishing Dad! I said its not your fault bub!! I told him next year we will go to Marathon in the Keys, and fish with the nice guy that included my boy, without us having spent a dime with him!!!
I think the good reviews on here are fabed by Monster Fishing!! Dont believe me,, go get on their boat then!!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank james w
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SCAMMMMMM”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Haha... Well I wish that I read the reviews before I wasted my money! I brought my girlfriend on her first fishing experience and she was throwing up the entire time. I threw up half the time. So was another girl that came with her friends. The captain and his mate (if they even were supposed to be on this boat lol) were the only ones fishing. It seemed like 2 friends who charge people to watch them fish, as they throw up. He kept reminding me to tip him... Right lol don't waste your money or your electrolytes ! Haha

1 Thank Kbrownn410
Atlanta, Ga
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great Sunday Afternoon”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I read several reviews after I had walked the dock and talked to these guys. We ended up splitting a charter for the afternoon with four other people who had booked with groupon. The other people didn't show so my wife and I had the charter to ourselves. We didn't experience any of the negative things some of the others wrote about. We had a great time, caught a few fish, including a small white tip reef shark. Our Captain was Roddy and our mate was Tex. Both guys worked together very well and we had a great time. Maybe it helps if you realize that you are going fishing with the chance to catch some fish, no guarantee. The best thing was spending the afternoon with my wife out on the water. Would definitely hire these guys again.

Visited December 2012