“Just as promised”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Beach Inn
Ranked #86 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Just as promised”
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We stayed at the Beach Inn for 6 nights whilst travelling around Florida . We wanted good value and close to the beach and thats what we got. We had a double room with clean shower and toilet. In the room was a table, chair, fridge and microwave the room was basic but clean, we were given towels and each day were exchanged for clean one, there was no maid service but I'm not bothered over that, If your looking for luxury then this is not the place for you but if its a good value place sleep at night then its fine, we even got a hot coffee or drinking chocolate on our way out each morning. " excellent location and friendly manager" we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barbarahopkins1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Stayed there for 2 weeks and had no problems. The rooms were clean and the staff very nice. We even had a cookout with all of the guest. I felt safe and it was very quiet and leisurly. With the beach only a five min walk away and the price and specials that they have how can you not stay at this hotel. Overall a great value.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Key Largo, Florida
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Best value clean and friendly personal. Good location however rooms are small and sparse. If you are looking for a clean safe place to hang your hat and go around town this is it.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Clarkesville, Georgia
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I'm a single lady, 50 yrs old. I stayed at the motel for 2 weeks with my dog. The room was sparse - only a bed, bedside table, microwave and small fridge. BUT the tile on floors and the bathroom fixtures looked new. The room was clean. I didn't want them to clean it because of my dog, but was given clean towels when I asked. The management was friendly. The pool wasn't heated and didn't look good when I got there, but then it was cleaned and treated and looked better. There were a few people hanging around, but they didn't bother me. I talked to one of the young men and he was living there full-time because he had just moved and was getting on his feet financially. Seemed like a nice person. Some people hung around the pool on the weekend nights and smoked and drank beer. But they weren't obnoxious or super noisy.

WHEN COMPARED TO ANY OTHER MOTEL NEARBY, THIS IS AN EXTREME BARGAIN. IF YOU WANT LUXURY AND SERVICE YOU'LL BE DISAPPOINTED. I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO JUST WANTS A CLEAN PLACE TO STAY BY THE BEACH.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank 50sololady
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Ft. Lauderdale Beach Inn is the best deal in town during Christmas week at a weekly rate of $ 250, including tax. . I paid only $ 75 more than a hostel. I don't have to share the room with 3 others. I got my own room. The room is quite clean although the cleaning service is not provided during the stay. The guests wash the bedsheets on their own in the laundry room. I am invited to dinner on 25th and 26th of December. It is located across the beach and very near to the hotel district.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This place is a nightmare! DO NOT STAY HERE! If you want unwanted guests at your door asking for favors, a pool that other guests let their dogs swim in, or general anxiety about whether or not you are safe, then stay here. Otherwise, steer clear! The manager, and I use that term loosely, is a joke. He charged my credit card twice on 2 different days and said it was just a mistake. Why would they have to charge it twice when the 1st charge went thru? He is shady to say the least and probably a crackhead just like many of the "guests" staying there. There were so many derelicts there that we started calling it "Skid Row by the Sea Resort". After we complained, he got indignant and called the police on us and had us tossed out. We asked for the owner's name and were told "you don't need to know it" and "I don't have to tell you anything". Professional? Hardly. There were other shady "employees" hanging around and always trying to bum stuff off us. We couldn't go outside without being accosted by some drunk asking for a handout. We were told we had to pay a $25.00 deposit for our cat when there is no pet policy posted and the front door says "pet friendly". I walked right by Larry with the cat and he didn't even blink. If there was such a fee, why did he wait until 4 days passed before saying so? I think he needed a fix and was angry that we caught him trying to perpetrate credit card fraud. We are much better down the street in the Galt Villas. At least there we don't have to clean our own rooms! The Beach Inn made us clean our own room, wash our own towels and sheets in the hole they call the laundry area, and buy our own toilet paper! What kind of "inn" is that? No customer service, no phone in the room, nowhere to put your clothes, a cheap lightweight shower curtain that didn't keep the water in the shower, a filthy pool, unairconditioned lobby, no vending that worked, no ice machine, no amenities whatsoever! Who owns this hole? They should be VERY, VERY, ASHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I doubt they would let their own family members even stay there, but then again, they probably are only in it to take people's money and scam their credit cards for more. Stay FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR away!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Sanno2010
Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I would like to warn other travellers about this place. We also were duped in to thinking this was a nice place from their web site. What a complete disappointment upon arrival. The heated pool? It was FILTHY!! When I asked the manager, I guess, about the pool, he said the motel was under renovations and it needed to be cleaned. DUH!!! Wouldn't let my fish swim in it. The site also advertises comfortable beds. Well, it was so comfy, we went and spent $75 on a mattress topper hoping it would help. I don't think a whole flock of duck feathers could have helped our bed. There was no table or chair in our room. No dresser to put our clothes. If I wanted to stay somewhere I had to live from a suitcase, I could have stayed in my car. Wait, that would have been more comfy. When I went to the "manager", and told him our concerns, and that we would like a refund because of the misrepresentation, he gave me the owners number and told me I had to speak to him. That there were no refunds. What a CROCK!!!! If this weren't a family oriented web site, my words would be rather different. Please, if you don't take heed to these 2 reviews, you too will be packing up and going to a nicer place, like the Sundeck Motel up the street. I went there. What a huge difference. Barb, thanks so much for making our trip actually an enjoyable one!! I will definately be back to Ft. Lauderdale, but not the Ft lauderdale Beach Inn/The Dove Inn....I'm going to the Sundeck!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple