Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$144
US$165
US$151
US$268
US$124
US$111
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$110
Official Site
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$228
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
US$218
Manhattan Tower Apartment Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$114
Agoda.com
1,570 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Very noisy air conditioner unit that went on and off all night quite frequently. Old old old. Food terrible and minimal.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue R
Karen G, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

A noisy air conditioner is a quick fix if you make a call to the Front Desk. Depending on the time of day (or night), our Maintenance Department would have either repaired it or replaced it. I'm sorry you didn't give us the opportunity to address this problem while you were in-house. We have a full breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet of freshly prepared foods. Breakfast consists of scrambled eggs, sausage, peppers and onions, cheese sauce, grits, a full assortment of breads and danishes, 5 different kinds of dry cerals, oatmeal, fruit and all the associated condiments.
For lunch, we provide an assortment of lunchmeats, breads, tuna, egg and chicken salad, fresh greed salad wth all the extras to add, and a full pasta bar with three different sauces and meatballs. Dinner always has the pasta bar, two entrees (like chicken, beef, sausage, fish), Caribbean blend vegetables, mashed potatoes and gravy, soup, and the full salad bar, as well as desserts. I'm sorry you couldn't find anything to your liking.

K M Greto
Operations Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2011

If you fly in you will need a rental car and bring your GPS. Near lots of stores if you need anything. The hotel is old, but it was clean. The rooms could use a makeover, new wall paper, paint, carpet cleaning, grout repalcement, etc.....
Do not try to check in before 3pm. And Do not try to stay after 11am. We loaded our car and hung out at the pool until around 4.
Staff was very nice and helpful. The pool and tiki bar was very nice. Great bartendar.
No bed bugs. Clean sheets. Firm mattress and pillows.
The daily maid service only makes the beds and removes garbage. They do not clean bathroom or vacuum, etc.......

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank ChiquitaJ

We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Occupied rooms are freshened dailys. Sometimes we cannot vacuum due to guest's personal belongings on the floor. Same for the bathroom counter; we are not permitted to touch personal items. We try to wipe or vacuum around things when possible. In an effort to help save the environment, guest rooms have notices that advise if you want your sheets changed, to place the notice on the bed, or to hang your towels for reuse, or put them on the floor for replacement.

We certainly hope you'll visit us again.

K M Greto
Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Mainly cruise stop-over guests, Management was very poor, did not treat guest with respect and invited my family to leave if we were not satified with the room. The General Manager was NEVER available to speak to, and the office managers were careless and negligent in their jobs. We did not enjoy our stay and were not comfortable, the WAKE-UP calls did not work, neither the programmed, or the desk requested wake-up calls. We were late to two appointments due to this.

Room Tip: Do not request a larger room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank costa56
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Amid the drama leading up to this – let me start here.

I had to wait in the reception areas due to the time I arrived at the Ramada Plaza Hotel which was not pleasant. I had to change 2 chairs as they both smelled of urine!

I visited with my 10yr old daughter and an adult cousin with her two children ages 12 and 3 for my aunt’s wedding. Upon checking I informed the desk clerk that there will be 5 people staying in the double room as previously booked. He said that was fine and offered me 7 breakfast vouchers to cover the 7 days stay relinquished 1 for 2 adults. He further informed me that children ages 12 and below breakfast will be free.

Exiting the lift I notice a damp smell and the air conditioning units were covered in dirt. Also when I entered the room there was a strong smell of cleaning detergent which did not go away throughout the duration of my stay and the ac units were not cleaned up to then.

After unpacking my luggage I checked the bed for flees – as anyone would do - and was surprised that the bed clothes were not changed and one still had a big ball of hair under the sheets and the other sheet was stained. I took pictures and went back to reception and was told that the beds clothes were clean and was treated as if I made the mess. My room was visited by the room inspector and a maid who offered to change the room once I started to show her how unclean the room was. I refused a room change as this was just shifting the issue.

Furthermore, to make matters worse, on the third day our group of 5 went for breakfast (substandard) and I was asked to produce 2 vouchers. When I asked why two as opposed to 1 as previously told the waitress said each voucher covers 2 adults and 2 children. Not only this was not told to me the day of booking in but I have extract from the website which state otherwise. The waitress went to reception and returned with the desk clerk who previously checked me in and I was shouted at and ridiculed in the dining area amongst guests. The 3yrs old is a very light eater and had 2 spoons of cereal and a mouth full of orange juice each morning, would not be a problem to feed him in the room if this was the case. If my aunt’s house was not full with my elder relatives I would have left immediately.

There was no visible life guard at the swimming pool, cold breakfast was served, unpleasant reception welcome and bad attitude from the maids.

To be honest there were very few staff in the dining that was doing their best to be polite while the rest were acting as if they were working in some kind of detention centre.

There were a large group of my family members who stayed in at least 4 other hotels and mine rated the worst!

I ended up checking out on the 6th day and the room was not cleaned as previously asked whilst I was there.

I would not recommend this substandard accommodation to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank maizel
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I had read some horrible reviews about this place, but I learned that it was recently redone and that the management had all just been replaced. I guess that was good for business because when I stayed there it was packed and very clean. I will be returning.

• Stayed: May 2011