Stayed here as part of a package deal..not our selection. Came home and broke out in bedbug bites all over. We did not know that red and black streaks on the sheets were signs that we had been bitten...but we DID think we had slept in dirty sheets and asked that they be changed!! We thought the hotel was generally not clean and nor well kept. When my doctor told me my rashes were bedbug bites and told me what signs we might have seen as we traveled...I was appalled to remember the signs from our 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale! I called and spoke to Karen, who confirmed they cleaned the room 3 days after we left! She said her staff is trained to report the signs and gets a cash reward for reporting them! Why did they let us sleep in that bed a second night if they knew the signs?! I have been itching and frantically cleaning my house..watching and praying I did not bring anything home or spread it as we had no idea what we had been exposed to until we were home 36 hours. (It is true that it's possible you may not break out at all, or up to 9 days after you are bitten!)
And I would like to add the "free food" was horrible. I'm a nurse and I work in a hospital. The best day at the Ramada was like a bad day in the hospital cafeteria...and the worst was nursing home grade. If you can avoid staying here...AVOID IT!! Also see Lynn M's review...I agree with a lot of what she said...I wish I had read reviews before leaving!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ramada Plaza Resort Fort Lauderdale
- Ft Lauderdale Ramada Plaza Resort
- Ramada Plaza Resort Ft Lauderdale
- Ramada Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ramada