Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$157
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
US$388
US$335
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Royal Beach Palace(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$100
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$111
US$105
RodewayInn
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
US$218
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
US$140
US$144
US$140
Travelocity
1,555 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Rooms where very clean,staff was very friendly and helpful.The location was excellant for Casino"s and Malls. Easy acces to Major Highways. Food in Hotel was also Very Good. I would Highly reccomend this hotel to all Can't wait until I return to this hotel

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed here as part of a package deal..not our selection. Came home and broke out in bedbug bites all over. We did not know that red and black streaks on the sheets were signs that we had been bitten...but we DID think we had slept in dirty sheets and asked that they be changed!! We thought the hotel was generally not clean and nor well kept. When my doctor told me my rashes were bedbug bites and told me what signs we might have seen as we traveled...I was appalled to remember the signs from our 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale! I called and spoke to Karen, who confirmed they cleaned the room 3 days after we left! She said her staff is trained to report the signs and gets a cash reward for reporting them! Why did they let us sleep in that bed a second night if they knew the signs?! I have been itching and frantically cleaning my house..watching and praying I did not bring anything home or spread it as we had no idea what we had been exposed to until we were home 36 hours. (It is true that it's possible you may not break out at all, or up to 9 days after you are bitten!)
And I would like to add the "free food" was horrible. I'm a nurse and I work in a hospital. The best day at the Ramada was like a bad day in the hospital cafeteria...and the worst was nursing home grade. If you can avoid staying here...AVOID IT!! Also see Lynn M's review...I agree with a lot of what she said...I wish I had read reviews before leaving!!

Room Tip: Learn all you can about signs of bedbugs and ask the staff if they have treated the room for bedbugs before. In case they are not honest...be sure you take all precautions!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Annie B
Karen G, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Every hotel from a 5-star down, around the world, including many factories and department stores and anyplace where the public congregates, have felt the threat of bed bugs over the past year or so. Since you cannot prevent them from entering, what’s most important is knowing what to do when they finally reach your door. We have trained out staff what to look for and where. In an effort to detect a problem before a guest does, we have even offered a cash reward if found by a staff member. We also move very quickly when a problem is reported. First, the room is put off market. Either that day or the next, a representative from a certified professional exterminator comes to inspect. If found positive, the room is treated. Certainly if find a room that is infected, we do not sell the room and if they are found in an occupied room, the guest is immediately relocated. We are sorry for your unhappy stay.

KM Greto
Operations Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We were booked in this hotel through a Celebration Cruise Package. We were a bit worried after we found out we were staying at this resort and reading the reviews. Must admit the rooms were clean. First thing we checked for were bed bugs none to be found The area this hotel is in is not good but we found a good cheap bar next door. The only thing we didnt like is that there was no where for a big group to get together after 10pm so we had to get together in a room. We probably would not stay here agin cos of the location.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank shazzygirl
Reviewed 1 February 2012

After each of the reviews that are noted in this web page we have Karen Greto manager who has nothing but nice things to say about this so called resort. You have to do the math, rated 118 out of 138 is a pretty crappy number. Remember Karen Greto if it smells like poop and looks like poop it's probably POOP! You can't put the shades over thinking people who are experienced in travel!!!!! I truly believe that any 4-5 star ratings are people who are related to this inspiring dive motel!!!!

Room Tip: Dont Stay Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank biggkids1
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed here before joining our Princess cruise and without doubt it's the worst place we've used in many years of travelling in America. Though okay outside, the interior is run down and smells musty, with tatty carpets and scruffy furnishings. The rooms are barely acceptable - everything looks tired, worn and desperately in need of replacement.
The breakfast area is especially desperate; we were given vouchers for the meal as part of our deal, but they normally charge $9 for it and they have to be joking, surely? Dreadful quality and servers with all the charm of rottweilers
Overall, the staff are the very worst aspect of the place. Most of them would be better employed in prisons - there's not a smile among the lot of them, but plenty of narrowed eyes and suspicious glares; many also have little or no English. Organisation seems an alien concept throughout, and when requesting towels which hadn't been supplied we were told "we can't go into the room to deliver them while you're not there" So how was the room (badly) cleaned each day, we asked? The answer was another blank glare .... oh, dear!!
The final joke was the "Florida Welcome Centre" on the premises. The "welcome" consisted of a creepy-looking male peering around an internal door, followed by a bar-girl type who came out and chewed gum at us while staring silently - no "may I help" or any other comment, come to that - some welcome!!
Do yourself a favour - avoid this place at all costs

Room Tip: How to select a good room? Go elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lynn M
Karen G, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

01/31/12

We're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. It's unusual and hard to believe all these negatives when we travel 12,000 people a month, and have so many repeat and extended-stay guests. I always welcome personal phone calls from guests in hopes that I can gather more information and that we may come to some type of resolution.

KM Greto