“Awful”

Ranked #115 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Awful”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I am so surprised this hotel has a 2.5 star rating. I rated it 1 because that is the least I could give it. We were due to stay 4 nights, I could only manage two - my body itched all night. I didnt see any bed bugs but.... the "continental breakfast" is a joke - plastic everything - no effort whatsoever was put into this. I couldnt put my bare feet on the carpets in the rooms - just the thought.... The stench in the foyer was bad, the rooms didnt have a desk for doing anything, the tv should be in a museum (plus the reception was poor). The fixtures and fittings were so old.
I couldn't believe this was a Ramada hotel. Just to be on the safe side, i will never stay in one of their hotels in the future. This should be torn down and refurbished. I travel a lot as part of my job so I am used to staying in hotels. This definitely wins the award for one of the worst I have ever stayed in. Ugh.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Uzo123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Greek first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Horrible. Dirty. Dated. Nothing nice to say. We actually had booked 2 extra nights in here. Cancelled. Called Expedia and got a nice place ON THE BEACH in Ft Lauderdale. Waiting for refund. Unfortunate that this place sets the 'tone' for the lovely timeshare visit and then the cruise....Cruise was brilliant. looking for that place to write up our review.

Room Tip: Stay anyplace else. Horrible.
3 Thank JB S
Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Instead of staying in Miami, the port of call for the Caribbean Cruise, we chose to land in Ft. Lauderdale (airfare was cheaper). The Ramada provided shuttle service to the Miami Port and was a nice resting spot for the day so we weren't jetlagged upon getting on the cruise ship. Their terrarium pool was very nice, the cabana bar was well stocked, the rooms were clean, and their food was fine.

Room Tip: If traveling with kids, you may ask to be on the farthest end from the bar(s). Also there are stree...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank TravelerT359
Lockhart, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I stayed at the Ramada on June 12, 13, and checked out on June 14 for the Cruise.
The staff were friendly.
The pool and hot tub were spotless.
The hotel is older, but it was clean.
The outside was kept very clean while I was there.
There was one thing in the dining room.
I talked too the manager and he was very polite.
The next morning I noticed a big change in the dining room.
I would stay at this Ramada again.
I walked over too the CVS next door, it's a older neighborhood, but i wasn't affraid.
I'm a 56 yr old grandmother and weight 92lbs. No one bothered me. I felt very safe at the Ramada.
Thanks,
Elizabeth L. A. Gallagher

Room Tip: I was in the back part, smoking. But I also had a handicap parking permit. I liked the peace and qui...
1 Thank Elaag G
FT LAUDERDALE
Reviewed 30 June 2012

i stayed there three days and they charged me 10 a day for things i never agrreed to or explained to me ,., they just take what they want ,., they put hold on card for misc charges but i used nothing and they still took all the money they put on deposit and now im fighting with my banking systen to get it back ,., upon ariving i was cursed at and was rudely treated ,., if i had not bought the hotel through third party i woulda left on the spot ,.when arriving at room my towel rack was hanging off barly on and black mold was all over the shower ,.i went to desk and they said they had no different rooms and then i watched them check in another 2 guest before i got mad and left .,they were rude and threatened to call the police unless i quit talking avout how bad the hotel was while they are checking into the hotel,., ,. upon checking out they charged my crediut card over 180 dollars ./ there is only 9 basic cable stations and internet is none or 5 minutes to change a page and might just lose everything at anytime the internet wants to go off,., just like the cable ,. if this company didnt have blind contract with the cruise ships then they woulda been outa business long time ago,., i found out later that this junk hotel can be bought on priceline for 30 a night ,. dont bring your medication? no problem lotsa drug dealers and prositution so leave your perscriptions and wife at home ,.they have all you need at 120 an hour here .guest smoking crack by the pool and i saw one little 6 year old girl pick up something like a crack pipe she cut her foot on,.the staff said sry let me throw that away for you ,., run for your life this place is very bad ,.big pit bull dogs in parking lotchasing you around when you go to your car,., one bit my leg and tore my slacks and front desk said i shouldnt have went outside so it was my fault ,., this hotel was super desperate to charge every penny they could for every thing and the ones that complained they called the cops on and cops dragged them out ,., not the druig dealer or prostitution but the good people who paid for vacation in ft lauderdale and came from wisconsin,.they come on room at 8 am and 5 more times asking you all sorta things of no reason even when you have do not disturb signs on door and you are naked in bathtube you might have company at anytime of day from staff walking in ,. very very bad place ,., run like the wind ,.

Room Tip: ,.u will not like this hotel,., do not bring valuables ,., pick a good room by going elsewhere...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank MARC R
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I can honestly say that my fiancee and I had a great time at The Ramada. We were not there on a vacation package...We were just looking to get away for a few days.Our room was nice and clean with a great view..We had a cold breakfast buffet included with our stay each morning....I didn't mind it because we eat light for breakfast but everything we wanted from bagels,cream cheese,cereal,toast, juices,coffee and even cheese danishes were there!..They also had an all you can eat hot breakfast buffet we could upgrade to for a few bucks if we wanted. We booked directly through Wyndam and got a very good rate! We even brought our 5 month old son and they made special accommodations for us. The pool area was very neat and clean. The hot tub was awesome. We stayed during the Miami heat Championship game. Only if it didn't rain that week we would've used the tennis court! The location isn't bad its close to everything we needed..My fiancee wants to go back when I have time off again..The La Quinta is in the area along with The Homestead Suites but those properties looked dead and boring. The Ramada was lively with great amenities and very friendly staff. We are definitely going back!

Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Don't be deceived by the name "Ramada." First Warning Sign - 3 Police Parking Spaces in the Parking Lot. Second Warning Sign - 3 Pawn Shops within 1 block radius. Third Warning Sign - 2 Tatoo Parlors within 1 block radius. Fourth Warning Sign - Adult Book Store within 1 block of Hotel. This hotel is not in a good neighborhood. You are 15 to 20 minutes to the beach. The worst part of the hotel is the smell of mold and mildew in the Welcome Center.... then when you are in your hotel room... you won't want to walk around barefoot. The whole place feels dirty and is dirty. If you can afford better, PLEASE stay somewhere else. We checked out after one night and went somewhere else. The Free Cruise if you stay at the Ramada and do the timeshare tour at another resort isn't worth it. Free isn't free.... The only good thing about this hotel is the staff. Everyone we encountered in the lobby and restaurant were friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant is o.k. The quality matched the prices they were charging if you didn't have the coupon/voucher to get the meal for free. I learned the hard way, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: See if the rooms in the hotel's website pictures actually exist... then book that room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple