“Basic but friendly”

Ranked #115 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Cascade, Colorado
“Basic but friendly”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

After reading reviews, my expectations were not high. As long as a place is clean and friendly, we're OK with it since we don't spend a lot of time at the place we sleep; we're out seeing the sights. The staff was friendly to us and we had a call from the manager shortly after checking in just to see if we needed anything. The room was, as everyone said, old and badly needing an update, but it was clean. We did find some old stains on some of the bedding, I will say, but it was clean. We did like the positive spirit of the staff and guests. It felt like everyone was there to have fun during their stay. We did not choose the spot since we went on a marketing promotion. Even that was fine. We knew what we were getting into and there were no surprises. Overall, it was a fairly positive experience, but it would not be my choice for a repeat stay--at least until Ramada invests in a huge upgrade.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are best.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Greek first
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

A trip to visit with our Florida Family. This travel lodge is a great value if you can be patient and nice. Many of the staff were excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel was bug infested, our air conditioner was emmiting a weird smell, the toilet was backed up and it was expensive to boot and they only had 2 single beds to offer my girlfiend and I. I would NEVER stay here again

2 Thank GVickers99

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This place is disgusting. Cockroach on the wall, bed bugs, rust on the bathroom ........ I do not understand how this hotel can still be open. Never book with carribean cruise line, this trip was the worst experience of my life and it cost me quite expensive for a supposedly free cruise. Excluding the four hours pass with a timeshare seller to get our tickets for the boat. I hope that these comments can help someone.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank James B
Berlin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This place was overall sad. It was dirty, the staff was not accommodating at all. The only nice people were the servers in their food court area. Our room wreaked of cigarettes and it was a non smoking room. There was filth on the shower curtain and stains all over the carpets. It couldn't have been more disgusting.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
1 Thank Stacyc01
Waverly, New York
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one nite, was supposes to be two but due to bad weather we were delayed and THANK GOD! It was a part of a package deal we prepaid for just had to pay taxes and gratuity. Now i have no problem tipping at a restaurant but since when so you have to give a tip at a buffet?? I served myself! Waitress brought us a plastic cup of soda one time never even asked if we wanted a refill! Room was disgusting. All the furniture was scratched up banged up rummage sale special. Toilet Would not flush all the way, hotel itself smelled old and musty, once u got passed the pot smoke smell coming from neighbors room. Dont even get me started on the stupid time share presentation that supposed to be 90 mins we were there 3 hours others up to 5! To sum it Up do not stay here you are better staying on the street

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Mamamills
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I booked the wrong night at the Ramada and Michelle, a Ramada employee, was AMAZING and helped me cancel my original reservation. The hotel was completely booked for the evening that I had hoped to stay at the Ramada, so Michelle went out of her way to help me find a hotel room in the surrounding area. Once we checked into the new hotel, Michelle phoned our room to make sure we had arrived safely. I never had the pleasure to stay at the Ramada, but I would recommend it to anybody due to their AWESOME customer service and willingness to help. Kudos and thank you!