“Great motel”
Review of Galt Villas Inn

Galt Villas Inn
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This motel was a great deal. ($85)
I thought the room was a great size, clean, and not tacky. I loved having a full kitchen, fully stocked with all the supplies you could need.
The beds were hard for my taste but my husband liked it.

The front desk staff was fantastic, super friendly and helpful.

Patio area was nice even though it faced the parking lot. I did not visit the pool.

The location was ok, not too much to do in the area, there is a bar/grill and a cvs across the street, and a tiki bar next door (weak drinks).

Only flaw-I didn't like that the hair dryer was kept at the front desk.

Overall we would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UMgirl
There are newer reviews for Galt Villas Inn

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My first time at the Galt Ocean Villas and stayed for an entire week. With our wonderful economy being what it is, I'm glad I took a chance on the Galt Ocean Villas. Staff and service was absolutely terrific, place was really clean and a great location. Walk to the beach, grocery store...don't need a car as your on a bus line if your saving your pennies and need to go somewhere. I have traveled a bunch, yet not on a beer budget and the GOV surprised me in a very positive way as it was a terrific value......frankly as good as places I've paid twice as much before. The place reminds me of old Ft. Lauderdale growing up as a kid in the late 60's.......
Nightlife close by, some great food. Many thanks to Mark, Michael, Danny, Loni and of course Elena and the rest of the staff. Everyone was great.

Room Tip: Staying an entire week, it was nice to have the kitchenette. Corner rooms have more light...mine wa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank David K
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had booked a eight-day stay on-line and when our cab, from the Fort Lauderdale Cruise terminal ($25 with four bags), pulled in we felt we had slipped back in time with the 1960s-looking motel right by the highway. However our welcome from the reception team was thorough and comprehensive. The room, although I'm sure I'd seen one like it in an old movie, was very clean, large and well fitted out with a large flat screen TV, microwave, good size fridge/freezer and excellent Wi-Fi and wired internet access, the latter being great for Skype and FaceTime.
We planned to rent a car and explore the local area but three main bus lines, that go to separate areas of the city, (11, 36 and 72) stop just past the hotel. There is also a free Trolly Bus service that runs on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to Las Olas Boulevard, the Riverwalk areas, and the Galleria Mall. We brought ourselves a couple of ten-ride bus tickets from the nearby Galt Reading Rooms (Library) and never looked back.
The sandy beach takes a while to get to as you have to walk through the local Winn-Dixie supermarket car park (just across the street) and boldly walk through the Ocean Sky Hotel to the beach. Otherwise it's a twenty-minute walk to get to the access road.We never hired a car in the end and even took the Greyhound Bus from Fort Lauderdale to our next stop in New Orleans.

Room Tip: We are light sleepers and Michael, in reception, put us in a first-floor room at the back, which wor...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ray J
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I spent a week at the Galt Villas on my own on business; I chose it because it was a small family run business and I needed not only a nice room but help and advice from the staff: They exceeded expecations on every level. Clean quiet spacious rooms, friendly and helpful staff for whom nothing was too much trouble, and an excellent WIFI system with a router in each room c/w USB charging port.

10/10 - I will be booking again next year!

Room Tip: My room was in the courtyard closest to the road, and it was still quiet - so any rooms here are goo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I received a superb welcome by Michael on arrival. We got upgraded to a spacious room with two large beds and even space for extra beds. Very good kitchen with dining area, tiled bathroom and lots of space to store suitcases, clothes etc. + ironing. No carpets on the floors (A+) + superclean. AC and internet was superb. Parking possible in courtyard or behind the motel, so no street parking. A few blocks walk to the beach,but no problem unless you´re very disabled. Shared swimmingpool with the hotel next door, also the bar. Very close to food shopping like Winn Dixie, fast food,restaurants, pizzeria,drug stores etc and also a short drive to everything else you want to do in Fort Lauderdale.Very nice, clean and safe neighbourhood. We would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room with kitchen on ground floor, wich was lovely if you´re staying more than one day. Lot...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

So friendly when I walked into the door greeted by Michael, Room was clean, towels smelled good, no bugs, just overall nice. Free internet, Ethernet in the rooms, by the office is Wi-Fi. Window unit air nice and cool, TV, Refrigerator, Microwave Oven, Ironing Board with Iron.

Good recommendation for a shuttle service SWINGLINE TRANSPORTATION very reasonable.

Walking distance to public beach just about 4-5 blocks on the way there are restaurants, fast food such as Subway, Dominoes, there is a CVS and Winn Dixie about 1 block, Walgreens by the public beach entrance. Ohhh and Bus Service.

I felt safe and will return again just as soon as I can get away. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank CKMTx
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Arriving from a LAX at 8am on a saturday, I thought I can just check out the room prior to check in and have breakfast not expecting a room.
Michael (german accent?) was very friendly and welcoming advised that they were sold out and no rooms were available. Seeing my current state of weariness,
he took another look and found 1 No-show room. Awesome. Checked in and that was that~! Painless. Thanks for making the effort!

Free Wi-Fi at 1mb/sec. Ice-cold A/c. Beds were decent. Free parking and great location with CVS across the street. Be aware of the Traffic camera near the motel!!!!

I will take off 1 Point due to the water having a yellowish tint. Must be corroded pipes or something?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family