Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
US$268
US$165
US$142
  • Pool
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$144
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$110
Official Site
US$111
US$167
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$228
  • Beachfront
US$218
1,471 results
All reviewscruise portgeorge johnsonkiki's restaurantfront deskshuttle servicefifth floornext morningfree shuttlefort lauderdale airporthotel restaurantparking garagebusiness centernice poolthe hotel offersroom was largeone night staythe general manager
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Recently, we were displaced from our condo for a few days and needed a local hotel. I contacted the sales departement and spoke with Michele Nyers. She was very accomodating and professional, and even took time to give us a quick tour of the facility (pool, gym, restaruant, etc.). During check-in i was greeted by Melinda; she made the check-in process a breeze. The stay in the room was awesome. VERY clean, VERY comfortable, and VERY quiet. It was newly furnished and had just the right amount of amenities (small fridge, coffee maker). The TV was large and had the premium channels. I ate at the bar/restuarant and met Alex. He provided excellent personal service and AWESOME food. I ate breakfast one day, and dinner two nites (ribs one nite, fajitas the other). Great value and great food. I highly recommend this hotel; it is close to the airport, close to interstate access, and close to downtown......perfect location.

1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Crowne Plaza Hotel for one night only due to sailing on the cruise ship Oasis the Seas the following day. Overall I would recommend this hotel but be cautious when checking out, read the last paragraph for our experience. The hotel as expected is very close to both the airport and cruise port and its customers seem to be short stays. On arrival the hotel was very welcoming, staff on reception very professional and swift, and directed us to a member of staff to discuss transport pick up for the port. The hotel was very modern, excellent standard, and our hotel room was large with a huge comfy bed, and large television. There was a microwave in our room, tea and coffee making facilities, and an iron/board located in the wardrobe. Bathroom surprisingly small, however very modern, clean and plenty of towels supplied.

We had an evening meal in the main restaurant and although not a huge variety on offer, food was tasty. Breakfast was amazing, ordered the BELT with hash brown and it was like a meal... Would recommend that for your breakfast. I noticed that morning the swimming pool outside was empty, however being just an overnight stay, I wasn't put out.

Unfortunately for us, at check-out the following morning we discovered that another guest that same morning for breakfast had used our room number to pay their tab, maybe it was a mistake or maybe it was on purpose but because we have experienced this before in hotels, we pay by cash only. Now, this is were the receptionist who wasn't the one who booked us in the day before failed dreadfully to deal with the situation. My husband informed her we paid cash, and the waitress would be able to confirm this. The receptionist ignored the explanation accused us of not paying the bill, and was off handed with us informing my husband that he should go down to the restaurant and speak to the waitress. My husband at this stage calls for the manager who arrives with an attitude also, again my husband and I could not have been more calm and reasonable, and we were so appalled at their hostile behaviour. My husband demanded to see the signature that the fellow guest signed using our room number and it was a Spanish surname so he pointed out do we look Spanish? No, we are as English as they come as is our surname. Also, my husband asked the waitress to be sent up as the manager was being obstructive. Her arrival was swift, and straight away she replied, yes, this couple paid by cash and you could see she felt so sorry for us. At this stage you would think great, apology, refund and let's go bearing in mind the transfer van is waiting for us outside. NO.... The receptionist and manager then inform us, 'well someone has to pay for the bill sir' well, you could have knocked us over with a feather! My husband quickly pointed out its not our problem, we paid, and look in your guest list to see who it is before they check out, if the name is not on the guest list then its been done on purpose, if it is on there then a guest has made a mistake. Of course, the hole experience left us reeling and still no apology. We can only hope that once this complaint has been dealt with, training needs from the two staff members in question will be identified and dealt with and their procedure for the problem we had be dealt with better in the future, after all it must happen a lot in hotels.

Room Tip: Ideal for airport / cruise port and business.
6  Thank thelostboys
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This hotel is so pretty, the rooms and the pool areas were nice, the people were nice, and it's so easy to get to from the airport. But what made it so great was the Assistant Manager, Alex Davila, at Kiki's Bar. We were going to be driving to Key West the next day, and he gave us all kinds of great tips and ideas for both the trip down there, and after we arrived And he spoke to us like we were friends, not customers. When we came back the next weekend before we flew home, we stayed here again and we got the same special attention from Mr. Davila that we had received the previous week. Plus, after all the people he had seen and met, he remembered us. Very, very nice man. The next time we're in Fort Lauderdale, we'll stay here because of Mr. Davila. Carlos, who works with Mr. Davila, was also very nice and remembered us, which blew us away because we had only spoken to him once.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed a complete weekend on this hotel, and if I despite the fact that the bathroom was extremely small, my overall experience was great. The room was clean and well furnished. Premium channels. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were soft. Air conditioner worked great. Every room has a small refrigerator. The bathroom has a modern look but unfortunately was incredible small (how small was it? well, when I sat on the toilet my knees reached the sink and the shower) only one person could be inside at the same time. The hotel has a standard restaurant, they specializes in mexican food, however it decoration was eclectic. The breakfast is a la carte and they charge you over coffee. The pool looked great but I did not have the chance to enjoy it.

Room Tip: Higher floors means better view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My husband and I was just married 7-21-12 and off to our honeymoon on a late flight coming from Chicago, this hotel was there to pick us up in a timely manner(FREE 24 HR AIRPORT SHUTTLE), the driver was very helpful with our luggage, the hotel representatives were very professional, the bellman was very helpful plus friendly as well, our room was beautiful for one night stay before our cruise, this is a fine hotel to stay at before or after, the decor was so beautiful in the hotel, They had port service for eight dollars per person, the driver that took us to the port was very professional and nice as well, we had breakfast there and (Maria) our waitress was very nice plus professional. The food tasted good too and they gave you plenty to eat.The female front desk representative(Lunia)that checked us out was very friendly and professional. This hotel gave me and my husband a geat start of our honeymoon to keep the flame rolling right along to our next adventure, which was our cruise on the Carnival Freedom!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple