“Convenient Location, Friendly Staff”

Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Canton, Georgia
“Convenient Location, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Fifteen minutes from both the airport and Port Everglades cruise terminal, 3 miles to the Riverwalk district, four miles to the Galleria Mall. Rooms are large and well furnished. The bed was extraordinarily comfortable. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. Downside—some of the heating/AC units are VERY noisy. We will use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redneckersson5
TAManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thanks so much for the great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will share all your comments and suggestions with our entire staff. Please come back to visit when visiting Ft Lauderdale, or going on a cruise. We wish you the best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel is really convenient for cruisers, you can see the ships from the great 5th floor balcony and pool (which is exceptionally clean and nice). The "free" internet is free because it's mostly non-existent. You can't get on and if you can you only get about 5 mins of connection before it dies. If you need internet DO NOT SAY HERE. The restaurant staff are excellent but the food is mediocre. The front desk staff desperately need customer service training and were short and rude particularly on the phone, but the thing that made it all worse was the 70s soft rock which played from the time I arrived until the time I left and the ONLY place you didn't hear is was in your room, I heard, everything from "You Light Up My Life" to "Feelings" and all of the worst "hits" from that era that you never want to hear again and for ambient music it was playing a tad too loud, it was downright surreal, like something out of a bad movie.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Truman7
Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback. We apologize for the way the internet was not working during your stay, we are presently upgrading our services. Please know that we take all of your comments and inconveniences seriously and we have been working hard to improve these services and hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in the future to restore your faith and confidence in our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we wish you safe travels.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza one night after my flight was overbooked. The hotel offer free shuttle from FLL airport. The room are nice, clean and very comfortable. The staff were nice and check in was quick. I ate twice at the restaurant and food was good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
TAManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thanks so much for the great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will share all your comments with our entire staff. Please come back to visit when visiting Ft Lauderdale, or going on a cruise. We wish you the best.
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel for less than $20.00 and it got us there quickly. Very nice hotel, front desk was very efficient in checking us in. The hotel has a nice pool on the 5th floor. Room was clean and comfortable. We had breakfast in the hotel and the food was very good and our waitress was friendly. . The only downside to the hotel is if you do not have a car it is not convenient to get to the nearby restaurants. We had to take a taxi to go to a restaurant and if you do have a car they charge $7.00 a day parking. One of the prior reviews said if you were an IHG rewards member parking is free, the hotel knew I was IHG rewards member and they still told me if I had a car I would have to pay the daily parking fee. The only problem we had was when we checked in they asked us if we wanted to take a shuttle to the cruise port and we would get a discount rate since were staying at the hotel I decided to sign up. The next morning when we went down to catch the shuttle we were advised our names were not on the list, so I told them to call me a taxi. As much as I liked this hotel I would probably not stay here again because it is not within walking distance of any shops or restaurants. They are other hotels that are much more convenient to Port Everglades.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NNWSLARRY
We appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your recent stay, though we are sorry to hear of the issues you encountered. We will share your comments with our staff, to help us in giving the best service possible to our guests. We wish you the best.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is very convenient to the Fort Lauderdale Airport. It has a covered parking facility connected to the hotel and offers free parking to IHG reward members. The room colours were bright and everything was very clean. Check in went smoothly and the staff was very helpful. The room was well appointed with fridge. microwave, coffee maker, etc...

I was a little disappointed in the hotel restaurant. I ordered the Avocado salad and it came without the avocado! You might suspect that an alert staff might notice that something was missing! After pointing it out, I was brought a sliced avocado on a plate! The other glitch was with the wifi--it tended to be very spotty. It might have had something to do with the fact that I was on the top floor at the end of the hallway.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ottawaone
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is in a great location if you are flying in and out of the Ft. Lauderdale airport but not if you want to be close to the beach. I arrived very late, or I should say early morning (2am) and my room was very clean, the shower was great and the bed was very comfortable. The only time I dealt with hotel employees was checking in and out of the hotel and both employees I met were friendly and nice. The hotel doesn't have a good view but if you are just here for business and are flying in and out within in a day or two the view doesn't really matter. In my opinion a good nights sleep matters and the beds here will give you a good nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel and it's still a great hotel. Location is perfect for cruising from Port Everglades. Price was reasonable, service was great and the room was in good shape.

Didn't eat in the restaurant this time, but the first time I stayed there, I did, and the food was very good.

The free shuttle from airport was efficient and a good plus for staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple