“Good Hotel for Pre-Cruises”

Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 11 August 2014

First of all, I flew into FTL and made my way to the shuttle stop area. This area has a turn-around, where most of the hotel shuttle busses/vans stopped. I waited over 40 minutes for the Crowne Plaza van, just to see it pass by twice on the farhest outside lane- no where near the shuttle stop. I phoned the hotel to request pick-up twice also. After over an hour in the hot Florida sun, I took a taxi to the hotel.
The taxi dropped me right near at the front desk area. There was no Porter to assist with my bags, so I trudged along. At check-in I told the Clerk about the long wait for a shuttle that never stopped. She gave me coupons for 2 free drinks at the Bar.
The room was decent and clean with 2 queen beds and a sofabed. The size was good and the furniture contemporary, the colors were cool blues and greens. The bathroom was smallish but decent. Across from the bathroom was a half-size fridge, microwave and coffee/tea set-up.
As I had arrived before my sister and 2 nieces (that were driving), I went down to the Bar/Restaurant. I sat at a table and was promptly served by the waiter with a menu and glass of water. I requested a Margarita while I checked out the menu. It was mainly Latin dishes with some American dishes. I ordered steak tacos with rice and beans and the dish was very good, more like what I have eaten in Mexico. The drink was great also;)
Ater dinner, I checked out the hotel and the outdoor areas. There was a large seating are where you could see the port area. The pool was ok, medium-sized.
Overall, the stay was comfortable and convienent, beds were very comfy, shower pressure good, and the restaurant very good. I would stay there again if cruising out of Port Everglades

Room Tip: None of the veiws are great, so a higher up room is quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank wwslady
TAManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

We sincerely apologize for the issue you had experienced with our shuttle during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you and we wish you the best.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Staff were very friendly & helpful. If need be, I'd definitely stay here again!!
I ate in the restaurant, the prices were fair and the food was deliciously appetizing in taste as well as appearance.
The pool is open 24hrs which made for great relaxation
Lastly, the room was above spectacularly clean. The bed was extremely comfortable & the lavender scented room made for a complete nights sleep!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank melody h

Every member of our team (although we are not always perfect) truly loves their jobs and really enjoys serving our guests in hopes of creating a memorable experience. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. They do...because they care. See you on you next one night stand.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I just recently took one week eastern caribbean cruise. I flew in and stayed here for the night. This hotel was marvelous and very clean. The whole experience from shuttle service, check in, hotel staff, as well as bar and lounge was great. i truly wish i would have came a couples days earlier to enjoy my trip even more. Thanks Crowne Plaza, my vacation started out crummy before i arrived there.

3  Thank jes007tx
TAManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed one night prior to our cruise and the room was nice and large which accmodated the 4 of us well. The hotel feels clean and fresh, nice modern decor and really convenient to the port. Definately a nice option close to airport and port.

Room Tip: Large room with 2 beds…sofa bed was hard.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LuciandEd

Thank you so much for choosing to stay here at our hotel, we realize you could have stayed at another hotel. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The crowne plaza is newly remodeled and is very convenient to the airport and cruise terminal they even have shuttles to the cruise terminal.

The hotel is newly remodeled and has very spacious rooms with nice beds, bathrooms and direct tv. There is a decent gym, pool and restaurant at the hotel is well. Parking is also $7.

You can also,walk to anthonys coal fired pizza which is a plus. The beach is pretty far away but for overnight stay for business or cruise vacation I definitely recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank chris c

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in our hotel - and we hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you for taking time to comment about your experience. Warm Regards and Many Thanks!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

There really is nothing extra special to write about this hotel. It is in a great location for the Fort Lauderdale cruise port. We arrived in the early evening, had a very easy check in, given a nice cold bottle of water and got to a very clean room. The location of the hotel is in a very industrial area and there is really nothing to venture outside of the hotel to, so we just opted to have dinner at the hotel - kind of influenced by the free drink coupon we received when checking in. The food was decent although a bit pricey. In the morning they had a buffet again on the pricey side for what was available - however they do offer you fresh made eggs if what is available is not to your taste. Service in the restaurant was excellent. We were cruising out of Miami and arranged a shuttle privately although I do believe you could arrange something with the hotel. They have a nice waiting area in the lobby and the staff were excellent in letting us know that our shuttle had arrived. They also have a shuttle from the airport which we did not use and instead got a taxi at $15 for the two of us and our luggage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ToodlesCA

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Thank you and we wish you the best.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is great. Very close to port for cruises and close to downtown lauderdale and beaches. The rooms are great and the hotel is nice. Upon check please ask for an upgrade you will likely get it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.