The Chocolate Five Star Hostel and Crew House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Landmark Inn(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Crown Inn Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsliving room areacable tvdormlauderdaleftolas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2011

This was one of the best places I've ever stayed at on a vacation, and I wish I had known about this place before. The service was great, the prices were extremely affordable, and the private, 2 bedroom apartment that I rented started to feel like my very own vacation home. There's also plenty of parking, and the location is close to everything. My only regret is that I didn't put on enough sunblock for the endless hours that I spent at the pool.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I arrived at this hotel after a long over-night flight. The reception hours are very limited so I sat by the pool from 6am until after 9am to check in. I at least wanted to leave my bag. I was told I couldn't check in until after 3pm although the girl occupying my private room had left. I was told the room needed to be cleaned. I left my back and spent all day on the beach (several miles walk away)- again- I had NO sleep all might. I went back at three expecting a clean room. NO! There was still dirty sheets on the bed, dirty dishes and trash on the dresser. No cleaning had been done. I expained to management this was pretty infuriating after having been told to wait. I was told this was a hostel and my expectation were too high. I had already removed the dishes and trash, and put dirty sheets on floor, when management came into the room and said that they 'didn't know what I was complaining about'. I got several stores from they cleaning guy didn't come that day, to he forgot that room. Management was very rude and basically told me to leave cause ' I don't fit in there'. The male (of the couple who manage the hostel) didn't even want to give me a refund. The female at lease did and I got a refund and left. This place is below even hostel standards. I have never had to deal with such rude, filthy experience and I have probably stayed at well over 100 hostels all over the world. Two other tavelers left too. This place my be 'ok' for crew people...but not for travelers who actually expect minimal service.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank moxie707
Reviewed 11 January 2011

More like staying in your own apartment for one night. Less impersonal than a motel and with better service and cool neighbors to boot. Amenities are are basic but everything you might need can be found within reasonable walking distance. The well prepared traveler will have no problems there. You cannot beat the combination of price and location. Accommodations are small, two and three bedroom apartments with kitchens. You get one of the secure rooms and use of the rest of the apt., coffee pot and microwave in the kitchen w/ full size appliances, living room furniture. A good base for a longer stay, though I only stayed one night, I would stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2010

This hostel is just a ten minute bus ride from the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport. The bus stop is a block and a half away from the hostel and cost me $1.75. I stayed in a great apartment style dorm with friendly roommates. The shower was hot and had more pressure then I needed. Crazy but true. The guests who I met there had been staying for weeks and seemed very happy to be there. But what stood out the most was the service. The owner and the receptionist were both stand up people who answered all my questions. I was only in town for the night after spending the last nine months in South America and really wanted a REAL beer for a change. Not only did they explain what bars, restaurants and shopping is available in the neighborhood, but actually drove me to the grocery store to go buy some brew!!! Incredible service! This is the first hostel I have stayed in in the US, and it really set the bar high.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark_Wilhelm
Reviewed 31 October 2010

First of all, you stay in an apartment, complete with fully equipped kitchen (even a cofeemaker), cable tv, living room and dining table. That is just great, if you don´t have anytjing to do in a day you can stay in your hostel apartment watching tv and surfing the web just like home!!
Nice internet speed and security lockers in the apartment for your laptop.
And the location is great, 1 bus to the airport (really close) and next to every kind of food you want!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business