NEVER AGAIN will I stay here and I strongly recommend you check out another hostel nearby with better service and cheaper pricing. I thought paying more and in a semi-private room would mean a better stay - I was wrong.
I've stayed in hostels all over the world and the country and I promise that you can do better staying elsewhere.
Upon stepping into the room I immediately could smell the cigarette smoke. I'm not sure if someone was recently smoking inside or if it was just a smoke stench that was stuck on the walls and furniture and there to stay. Not being a smoker, I found it very disgusting. Not to mention, I'm allergic to smoke.
I sucked it up for the evening only because I checked in after-hours and it was too late to find another place. I was supposed to stay two evenings but could not stay in a smelly room again so I left the next morning and drove the 4 hours home.
When I called them early in the afternoon with a message and again at lunch time, I was told that they would call me back in a couple days about receiving a refund for the second evening that I did not stay. They didn't call so I tried calling again in a couple days, and then again a couple days after that. Then again. All with no return call and no refund for the second night that I did not stay. It's now been three weeks with no call.
If the hostel was full and they had to decline visitors because of my reservation I would understand not getting my money back for a night that I did not stay there. But they were far from full - there were only three girls out of 8 beds in our one apartment being used.
I would not give such a bad review if it was just a smokey room and a sub-par hostel environment. But being a level-headed person and never talking disrespectively to their employees I felt their treatment and actions in this situation was completely uncalled for and showed me that they don't give a crap about their customer satisfaction and only care about getting the buck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Chocolate Hostel and Crew House, Fort Lauderdale's nicest apartment style accommodations. We are the best choice to truly appreciate what Florida ,Fort Lauderdale, and Miami has to offer. We will be your little slice of paradise as you explore all of South Florida including South Beach and World famous Fort Lauderdale .Chocolate Five Star Hostel and Crew House is a wonderful place for tourists, travelers, and families. We provide superior large apartment style accommodations at affordable rates. We also cater to the budget minded hostel traveler offering private apartment style dorm rooms.The Chocolate Hostel and Crew House boasts 13 large apartment style suites, Each apartment is fully furnished with all the amenities of home. All of our apartments overlook the pool and the garden and are equipped with:-Central AC-Cable TV (some apartments have 60 Inch TVs)-Full kitchen with all utensils-Separate fully furnished living room-Hot water-Free High Speed wireless internet service and E-net ports-Free local phone calls-Pool and Garden View-Free Parking -Security Cameras -Daily Maid service -24 hour on site Manager These amenities will make your stay at the The Chocolate Hostel and Crew House as reasonable and relaxing as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your The Chocolate Five Star Hostel and Crew House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chocolate 5 Star Hostel And Crew House
- The Chocolate Five Star Hostel And Crew House Hotel Fort Lauderdale